• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Winter in Melancholy Saga: My Original Fantasy Stories/Novels

Dante47

Hey guys, I'm looking for some feedback here.

As of now, I'm working on a series of short stories called Heaven's Guardians, which is part of my Winter in Melancholy Saga.
I was hoping to maybe present one or two only if you all have an interest. Otherwise I won't. I will put up a description of the story.
I hope you all will like my attempt at professional fantasy story telling. Please let me know, and I will put up the first story. :D

Fal'grath was once considered a Heaven, but has now been thrown into turmoil.

A breed of monsters labeled "Beasts" by locals attack villages and towns and the King of Graythia has been murdered, starting war between the provinces Amoria and Graythia.

Between these conflicts, are the Heaven's Guardians, a group consisting of seven individuals who guard all seven provinces against the Beasts.

Enter the mysterious Sidney, the Seventh Guardian who takes the helm of this fantasy as a Guardian with her own personal grudge against the Beasts and with a past she cannot forget.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Hey guys, I'm looking for some feedback here.

As of now, I'm working on a series of short stories called Heaven's Guardians, which is part of my Winter in Melancholy Saga.
I was hoping to maybe present one or two only if you all have an interest. Otherwise I won't. I will put up a description of the story.
I hope you all will like my attempt at professional fantasy story telling. Please let me know, and I will put up the first story. :D

Wow, that sounds great, I'd love to hear the rest of it, very professional...

So, post up the next bit will ya?...

Dante47

Okay, here's the introductory story. Basically a prologue.

HEAVEN’S GUARDIAN’S - PART 1​
“I will not lie to you.”
Sh-sh-shut up!
“You do not yield?”
…...N-no… never…..
ANGELS
The snow continues to fall. A snow flake falls on my cheek, and Melancholy fills my soul.
Normal. Everything is normal. Calmness never leaves me, my Blade still grasped in my hands. I’m calm.
A human would be unable to survive these conditions.
A human.

The Beast has terrorized this small area, a town, and I’ve been dispatched to take it out. Simple enough, we are the protectors of this flawed Heaven. The Beast was a runt, I overestimated it. It was of large size, about seven and half feet tall, strange glowing red skin that only a Beast could have, mouth craving with hunger and wanting to eat me alive and with eyes that one couldn’t sleep with looking at. They were a pure golden color, unnaturally dark, but showed its thirst. It’s blood lust.

My blue eyes stared straight into his gold.

It grew impatient, and attacked. My scent overtook him. This is no longer a time for compassion on this runt, only a job. An Angel can’t feel threatened by this Demon.
It ran straight at me, I nonchalantly moved to the left and my Sword hand raised in a fraction of a heart beat. It was behind me now, but not moving. That’s when his head casually fell to the ground, his body following moments later.

A human would be dead.

But I am not a human.

I am an Angel, a guardian of the flawed Heaven.
My name is Sidney, Fal’grath’s Seventh Guardian in the Province of Belmur.
Melancholy pierce my soul.
END OF PART 1

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
You seem to have talent, and a lot of it...
Keep up the good work, and I'll definitely love to read the rest of it...

Dante47

HEAVEN’S GUARDIAN’S – PART 2​
“You are wounded already and I have barely even begun.”
“Do you yield?”
DEMONS

“Prepare to leave for the town of Gray’thorn tomorrow.”

“Beasts, I presume?” asked I.

“Sure, but that’s your presumption, not mine.”

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but Gray’thorn is in the Province of Graythia.” I stared him down. “You are in charge of all Beast activity in that Province. Aren’t I right, Valdimer, First Guardian?”

Valdimer is the First Guardian of Fal’grath in the Province of Graythia. He gives out orders to people of lower rank but still is dispatched on multiple missions by his superiors. They’re the people that no average Angel has access too, other than the First Guardian. Since Graythia is so large and in turmoil at the moment, I’m surprised that he has the time to give us our missions in his tight schedule.

Valdimer has a gaunt face, yet always has pronounced grin. He has short, raven black hair, and short bangs. He is scrawny, but he is far more powerful than he appears. He wears the normal uniform of an Angel. His torso bears a loose, sleeveless, white silk shirt covered with a silver cuirass and silver shoulder pauldrons. His leggings are chainmail and boots heavy enough to crush a full-grown cow’s skull. He wields his usual silver dagger, currently stowed away in its sheath against his leg.

Valdimer grinned; his dimples were practically touching his eyes. He finally spoke, “You are right, but this is bigger than just one or more Beasts.”
I stared for a moment. After about thirty seconds of thought not going anywhere, I got curious.

“Then what is it that’s so important that it requires more than one Guardian?” I replied.

“You’ll see.”

Graythia is a large Province, maybe the largest in Fal’grath. Its natives are the Graythian’s, a humanoid race that discovered Fal’grath and their monarchy resides here, Graythia. Since it’s the largest populated Province in Fal’grath, it makes sense to assign our best member to protect it.

We arrived to Gray’thorn in a day. The fact our superiors sent two Angels is worrying. No normal Beast needs this much force to be dealt with.

Gray’thorn is a big settlement, very lively. Stone buildings made up most of the city, and the market was the most populated area in the town. Everything seemed fine. No sign of a Beast anywhere. Why didn’t Valdimer give me more details on this mission? I continued to wonder as we walked through the town’s south entrance.

“Valdimer,” I questioned as we entered the city “Will you give me a proper briefing now that we have arrived in Gray’thorn?

Valdimer spun around and stared, then put on his usual grin, “We’re meeting a man named Endor in the market district. He sells fruits, and I’d quite like an apple myself, wouldn’t you?”

I didn’t respond.

“Oh fine then Sidney!” Valdimer said as he replied to my silence, “You’re always such a downer!”

We continued to walk through the city, making our way to the market district as locals questioned our sudden appearance in their city.

“Is that a Guardian?” murmured a man

“Are we in trouble? Why are two Guardians here!?” panicked a female.

“I wonder if this has anything to do with the murder…”

My eyes widened. I spun quickly around and confronted the person who spoke those important words. I appear to have frightened him as he flinched. He wore rags, had receding gray hair and brown eyes. He was quite stubby, perhaps 5 feet tall. He had a cane in his left hand.

“Will you tell me the conditions of these murders?” I asked.

He sighed, and then said, “I suppose so.” He talked strange; he only had a couple of teeth left.

“Who was murdered?” I asked.

“A nice little couple I knew.” He replied, “The wife always let me try out her new recipes! She always made the best food! Yep, right up that lonely little trail there is their home. In their house, that’s where they were… killed.”

This seemed pointless; we weren’t sent to deal with some petty murder. Yet I continued.

“What was the conditions of their bodies when they were found dead?” I continued.

He struggled to answer, as if the thought hurt him physically, “Their bodies were mangled. Beaten and bashed. Joints were sticking out in places they shouldn’t be. Their heads were completely bashed in.”

I paused, and then continued. “It was as if a Demon had visited us…”

“I see,” I replied, “What is your name?”

“I-It’s...” he paused. “…Endor.”

“Well, well, well,” Valdimer applauded as he strolled towards me, “Your making quite the investigation Sidney! And you’ve found who I’ve been looking for.”

“What is the meaning of this?” asked Endor.

Valdimer grinned. “Where is the Demon, Endor?”

Endor’s eyes widened in fear; he tried to run away before Valdimer pulled out his dagger.

“Now, now Mister Endor, that won’t do.” Valdimer’s eyes widened in excitement. “I’m a customer; please take us to your fruit stand first.

TO BE CONTINUED

Top Bottom