• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wings

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
(Yay, I wrote another Prologue. Let's hope to a story that actually lasts. Feedback is much appreciated. Prologue is shawrt, but have fun)

WINGS​

They’re everywhere. Didn’t you know? Look hard enough and you can see them. The little lights floating all about. They all glow gleefully and brightly, illuminating the world and the universe around us. Some people say they’re stars. But you know what? They’re not stars. They’re the ones of us who have ascended. The ones who have done something true and selfless in this world. The ones who achieved true happiness. They’re the ones who got wings.

You haven’t heard the story have you? You don’t know? Well let me tell you. This is my story. My story as a young girl…

“Olive!” An irritated voice called for the young girl, frolicking in the hillside pasture. “Hurry up, Olive! You’ve got the company waiting!“

The flowers were great big things at this time of year, their pedals glowing bright blue as the sun’s rays hit their swaying patches. Sapphilies, they were called. They were the most beautiful flower in the world to Olive, and luckily for her, they were the most abundant too.

As she brushed a long strand of dark brown hair out of her face blowing it away as it fell back down, giving up after several futile tries, Olive pitter-pattered through the pasture, making sure to choose her footing carefully and not accidentally crush any of the Sapphilies beneath the sole of her freshly polished shoe. She always cried when she did. And it always took her mother what seemed to be a life-time to calm her down and assure her that the flowers would not have their feelings hurt. Olive hated the thought of making the flowers sad.

Finally making it to the front porch, she slipped through the big red door, sliding her tiny feet out of their shoes and walked into the den where her mother, father, brother and their closest neighbors waited. At once and all together, the group of them smiled and shouted, “Happy birthday, Olive!” The nine year old hopped with glee, eyes widening as a big white cake mysteriously appeared in her mother’s hands. She kneeled down, her eyes tired, but still showing Olive all of the compassion and motherly love they had always shown her over the years, and held the cake in front of Olive, nine short candles sticking up in a neat line, their flickering fires dancing about mischievously.

“Blow them out and make a wish, Olive.” Her mother smiled.

I want this life to be an adventure. Olive thought, closing her eyes as she put everything she had into one big burst of breath. All of the candles went out in an instant, and everyone clapped. Soon, they were all cheerfully eating cake, talking the talk of easy-going friendly people and having fun, and best of all, the attention was centered on little nine year old Olive.

Guess I should’ve known that adventures aren’t so farfetched. And not always completely happy. Nine. Nine. Nine. Nine. Nine. Nine. Nine. Nine. That devious number. Always in my heart. In my head. In my life. Nine.

Top Bottom