• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will turn out to look Nero's mother?DMC 4 SE

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Those posters are in the DMC4 base game, so I doubt it has any significance.
So what? They left those specific posters of Nevan there just because they can rather than using another image? Or they could just remove the posters. Call me skeptic, but there is no way I can buy this. I'd rather speculate about Nevan than Vergil's boots.

Oh and please don't get me wrong here. I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything. That's just how I speak.

Veloran

Ah, but if he is just adopted, then she is his adoptive sister (half implies they have one parent in common). Society would frown over their relationship, but from biological side they are okay.

Screwed up life leads it to be even more screwed up, but I don't think there is anything resembling incest going on. Dante might feel a bit closer to Trish cause of her looks and what she did for him, but from what I saw their relationship is platonic. By laws of fiction he is more likely to screw Lady, if he already didn't.
Vergil we know next to nothing about, so there is nothing to say about him on this subject.
I meant to say step-sister, sorry.

Anyway, Trish and Dante seem to have, like, something going on. It's a really "unique" relationship.
She was also outright trying to jump his bones in VJ (And he was going to comply), if that even means anything.

As for Vergil, well, he really does seem to have some kind of mother complex. Ten to one odds any mother of Nero's is blonde.

Viper

Premium
I meant to say step-sister, sorry.

Anyway, Trish and Dante seem to have, like, something going on. It's a really "unique" relationship.
She was also outright trying to jump his bones in VJ (And he was going to comply), if that even means anything.

As for Vergil, well, he really does seem to have some kind of mother complex. Ten to one odds any mother of Nero's is blonde.
It's a unique relationship cause it was inspired by Dante Alighieri's admiration of Beatrice. But it all depends how far with the similarity they went, since Alighieri never really loved Beatrice as a woman, he thought of the image of her as an angelic inspiration, in Divine Comedy she represented theology, wisdom.

VJ I don't think can really be taken as sign of what we can expect in DMC. That was Kamiya's game from way back and he hasn't been part of DMC since first one. He might have intended something with Dante and Trish, but from what I see those who came after him took a different approach, they seem more like good friends and business partners, at least from Trish's side. Lady showed signs of being interested, but the career woman cliche they put her under doesn't really allow her to get anywhere until the suave hero takes the first strong step.

A lot of folks like the idea Nero's mother has red hair, but I too believe she is more likely blonde. We all look for something from our parents in our partners, since they are our role models, but with someone who went through what Vergil did it would be even more pronounced. But in the end this is fiction, it will be what the creator likes.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Well, that would means Dante is an outright liar, since he would be in a relationship with a specifically customized clone of his mother, a sex doll if you want, so rotten luck with women stuff is bluff, since he has what most men could dream: a "mother" just for himself.
Let's be honest : VJ is a game where everyone wants to bang everyone, even Goldie is trying to bang her own twin Silvia.So is a nutty game full of references.

Nero's mother could be in fact blonde for a even more simple reason: most of the women in anime were blonde. Very few women in DMC universe are non blonde. So it's more Capcom preference.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Very few women in DMC universe are non blonde.

Ehm... Lady is, Kyrie is, Lucia is, Nevan is.

The anime is the only medium where there actually are a lot of blonde women, but in the games only Eva and Trish are.

Gel

Premium
Yes, but to the great majority of fans only Lady and Kyrie exist . Nevan is a demon, so being red haired, blue haired, whatever, it wouldn't make difference.
Lucia not only was redhead, but she had different ethnic background, but people ignore her .
In media, when we want someone to be immediately attractive, we make them blonde ( even if the person in question looks like a horse)
Some tests were made where the same attractive model wore blonde wing and, alternatively, dark wig.
When she was blonde she was more kindly treated than when she was brunette. Hair color matters in term of attractiveness.
Capcom even admitted to have made Jill go blonde to make her more attractive.We have no choice than see this trope prevails in DMC.

Viper

Premium
Well, for that matter, people tend to ignore the blonde characters from the anime as well.

Blonde characters from anime were Patty, her mom, older Patty, Elena and Trish (let me know if I forgot someone).
Trish is a special case since she appears practically everywhere, except DMC3. Out of those who are left, only Patty is really worth remembering on long run, and she is. The rest are just one-time appearances, props in the episode's story, and their story, at least the part with Dante, was pretty much done with the episode end.
So it's not so much that they were ignored, as that their story ended.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I doubt we'll see his mom in this game. Most likely we'll get more allusions to him being Vergil's son, no better than the DMC4 novel.

At best I can see Vergil in this campaign drop off Nero, talk to Sanctus, and cut some **** then leave. I doubt his mom is from Fortuna or in Fortuna.

Maybe its me but I want Nero's mom to be Asian......Japanese....Korean. It'll make sense as to were Vergil went to go train. Plus this series needs some ethnic diversity. Plus I want the DMC crew to go to Asia. They've been to the US (DMC3), Europe or the European coast(DMC1/England and DMC4/Italy), and South Americas/Caribbeans(DMC2). I wouldn't mind Japan, Korea, or Indonesia. Plus I'm curious how the rest of the world is. We've spent enough time in the Western Hemisphere.

But if Vergil has mommy issues like his brother she'll probably be blonde.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Actually most of the games take place in Japan if I remember correctly.

No they don't. DMC3 took place at the city Dante lives in which in DMC1 stated he was in America/USA. DMC1 took place on Mallet Island which is near England and DMC4 took place on Fortuna Island which is near Italy. DMC2 took place on Dumary Island which is located near South America.

Devil May Cry has NEVER been set anywhere near Asia.

Viper

Premium
No they don't. DMC3 took place at the city Dante lives in which in DMC1 stated he was in America/USA. DMC1 took place on Mallet Island which is near England and DMC4 took place on Fortuna Island which is near Italy. DMC2 took place on Dumary Island which is located near South America.

It would be more precise to say they haven't yet made a part of the world that draws inspiration from Asia.
The world in DMC is unnamed and while certain places might look like they are placed in certain parts, their location is actually unknown. And some of the looks even got mixed in media like manga and anime.
Besides, Italy and USA are quite far apart, so how could the Order have butted in on some of Lady's jobs then? Too risky for them.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.

Are you sure about that? For DMC2 you might be correct; but I think both the other islands seems fictional. As for the first DMC, can you please specify where did the game say it takes place on USA?

I think anime stated Dante's shop being in Japan but I don't remember and I can't really check right now cause I'm about to sleep but I would like to hear some info on this topic. Good night people!

Last edited:

Gel

Premium
But if Vergil has mommy issues like his brother she'll probably be blonde.

Oh Lord, this! Please give us a woman who is not blonde!Give us something different! DMC has already too much blonde women and it's time to give up mommy issues stuff already, it was already played to a nauseating point.Every is blonde or has mommy issues.Enough is enough!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It would be more precise to say they haven't yet made a part of the world that draws inspiration from Asia.
The world in DMC is unnamed and while certain places might look like they are placed in certain parts, their location is actually unknown. And some of the looks even got mixed in media like manga and anime.
Besides, Italy and USA are quite far apart, so how could the Order have butted in on some of Lady's jobs then? Too risky for them.

The same way how Dante got to Fortuna by boat. Its not hardf to believe with all the Order's high tech technology they'd do jobs around the world and travel the globe killing demons in an organized method.

Are you sure about that. For DMC2 you might be correct; but I think both the other islands seems fictional. As for the first DMC, can you please specify where did the game say it takes place on USA?

I think anime stated Dante's shop being in Japan but I don't remember and I can't really check right now cause I'm about to sleep but I would like to hear some info on this topic. Good night people!

The locations are fictional but within the context of the games they're located in or near real world continents.

This I got from the DMC wiki about Dumary Island but I think this was stated somewhere in the game or in the instruction booklet.

In ancient times, a religion arising somewhere east of the Mediterranean Ocean split into many different factions. Its disciples quickly carried it to western Asia, Europe, and North Africa. As time passed, some gods from the various sects were forgotten, others were assimilated into other religions, and still others were shunned as evil.
For one reason or another, the gods all but disappeared. What few people continued worshipping them were branded as heretics. The dissenters were forced to turn their backs on their own homelands in order to continue in their beliefs.
Venturing farther and farther away, the outcasts eventually found themselves adrift in an unknown land floating on the outskirts of the New World. This was Dumary Island.
Hordes of refugees of different races, beliefs and languages crossed over to the island. The first to arrive followed the sea routes of the old Viking explorers, around the North Pole and through the Pacific Ocean. Following them came runaway slaves seeking sanctuary.
The newcomers all had a single common point – belief in a pagan religion. Tribes that had historically skirmished over old differences running deep in their cultures now lived together peaceably on the same island.
As the generations passed, the former strangers blended together into a single people. Their mix of different languages, ethnic customs and various gods gave birth to new, totally unique religions.
The gods worshipped by the new blend of people were an ancient family of beings inhabiting a different dimension. They wielded strange powers and existed outside the concepts of right and wrong. Deities that were considered evil or pagan in the old world were, on Dumary Island, simply thought of as “other gods” – there were far too many of them to count. Rites performed in honor of these idols often resembled exorcisms and demon sealing ceremonies.
The priests of these cults were known as “guardians” and were sometimes called upon to protect the gods and their worshippers. Many were the legends of guardians who had borrowed the power of their own gods to defeat enemy gods. One recent tale, only a few hundred years old, told of a great swordsman appearing from “the outside” to aid in exorcising the most evil god of all time.
Over the centuries, Dumary Island’s success in supporting the worship of unique religions while maintaining its existence out of the mainstream has been nothing short of miraculous. Lately, however, agents of international corporations have quietly begun infiltrating the island. Their purpose is to acquire the “special ores” discovered in the island’s interior.
On Dumary Island, the people’s simple religious piety, as well as the fabulous artifacts buried in the inner mountains, are now in great danger...

It was in the DMC1 booklet that stated Dante's shop was located in America/USA....I think it said it was New York City...maybe I'm wrong about that part.

So the games have confirmed and even stated real world settings and cultures exist in the DMC series.

Also I refuse to belief Dante lives in Japan. That has to be whitest Japan I've ever seen.

Also I just guess Fortuna is located near Italy due to all that references to Italian/Latin/Roman/Greek culture and language it has. I do say its located near that part of Europe (Italy, Rome, Greece, etc).

As for Mallet Island I was wrong about it located near England. Kamiya never stated where it was located because it would lose its mystery and its the place in the human world close to the underworld so I'm guessing the Bermuda Triangle or near one of the supposed "Gates of Hell" locations in real life.

EDIT:

I forgot that Mallet Island changes locations every night... creepy...so it can be anywhere so it doesn't count. But the exact location does give off an medieval England type of feel.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think finding out what happened to his mom etc might end up being a sequel hook for Nero so it would be cool if she was Asia as i think Nero never been outside of Fortuna's borders.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think finding out what happened to his mom etc might end up being a sequel hook for Nero so it would be cool if she was Asia as i think Nero never been outside of Fortuna's borders.

Plus samurai and ninja demon hunters would be cool.

I would say there are multiple demon hunting factions around the world and they each secure a part of the world or certain country/continent.

Dante, Trish, and Lady as well as a couple other individuals according to the DMC1 novel has North America/USA but occasionally go out their borders due to special reasons, the Vie de Marli has South America or a part of it, Fortuna has Europe, and some other groups or individual has Asia, Africa, the middle east, Russia, and Australia.

Fortuna may have operated out of their usual scope of business meaning going to the Americas (in which they made a few run ins with Lady and stole some of her jobs) and other countries since they were collecting Devil Arms from around the world. However, since they're gone now who has Europe secure...Nero? Plausible. Although I wouldn't possibly dismiss another demon hunting agency in mainland Europe like a demon hunting secret service in England like the Van Helsing company in Helsing.

Plus if there are demons all around the globe then there should be other demon hunters and demon hunting organizations around the world too. Dante can't be around the entire world all the time nor is he and he, Lady, and Trish don't get much to any international jobs anyway and if they do its usually world saving.

Top Bottom