• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Capcom Reach Expected Sales?

BananaPie

Well with the game being released sale numbers will start popping up, so do you think the game will reach the Two Million Dollar mark Capcom has set for the first month it hits stores or beneath the mark but well enough for a sequel?

DMCGamer1989

I'm afraid not, while the game in itself wasn't bad, many fans have been antagonized by the rather confrontational repsonses by NT during interviews.

Dominus

I dunno Capcom has advertised the **** out of this game, so maybe? I wonder how many games Capcom shipped for DmC vs RE6 (probably less?)

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
2million in its first month? I don't believe they have ever specified the time period of which it will sell 2 mil.

Kishido

Hunter
No overall of course.

And at my hometown it is rare either and a lot of people, even my friends, have bought it... And you know what. They love it while still have all other parts

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
There are NO copies left at one of my local Gamestops and the other is running out pretty quickly. They've had to order more. XD

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's still charting high on both UK and US Amazon. Is Amazon a good indicator of sales?

Frantix

No, their goal for this is 2 million copies within this fiscal year (by the beginning of Q4 2013, iirc)

It's very doable, the game is selling surprisingly well from what I heard. Or at least, Capcom shipped a low number of copies to generate hype. Anyway, the game will do fine. Probably better now that the game was reviewed so well.

Inverno

Coud be that the start will be not so well but i think many people will soon start to care for it more when gameplay vids are out. I mean the real heavy combo ones on PC in 60 FPS will make a difference, because they allow to show what it can do at max and that brings people to buy it (´´30 Fps scared me at first too´´)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
No. There's still the divided fanbase, but there's also other gamers who are looking for an interesting game to play at the beginning of the new year/ That's where DmC comes in.

TyIquan_DmC

No, their goal for this is 2 million copies within this fiscal year (by the beginning of Q4 2013, iirc)

It's very doable, the game is selling surprisingly well from what I heard. Or at least, Capcom shipped a low number of copies to generate hype. Anyway, the game will do fine. Probably better now that the game was reviewed so well.

No, or else Dragon's Dogma wouldn't be included in the projections. The fiscal year ends on March 31st.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e121219b.html

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
My mistake. Regardless, this game still has a good chance of selling well. RE:ORC sold well over 2 million in less than two months, and that was a terrible game.
To be honest, I think the Resident Evil fanbase might be a tad larger than the DMC fanbase.

Top Bottom