• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why?

Do you like "New" Dante?

• YES

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • NO HELL NO I HATE HIM HAIR MAN HAIR

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Its each to their own opinons and as ToCool said it is subjective.

But for me:
How they represented him- In others...TRYING TO MAKE HIM MORE LIKE DMC 3 DANTE. And i just somehow find it ironic that people who say, "Oh i don't like DMC Dante, but I love DmC Dante." When he is an exact shade of DMC 3 Dante.

Cause DmC Dante just does it better.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i just relate to DmC dante better than DMC dante (with the exception of the anime dante. i still don't know what it is about him). but yeah. DmC dante to me is by far the easiest to relate to and i find cooler. mainly because i know why he is the way he is. what drives him. what motivates him. i always just thought that DMC dante was an asshole who never really got to see the bigger picture or was too narrow minded to see anything but himself and generally didn't care whether the world ended or not (with the exception of anime dante. god damn, what is it about him). DmC dante however, we saw into his past. the things he had to do to survive. the torture he endured. it makes sense why he is the way he is. and i believe that DmC dante wore more of a facade than DMC dante. DmC dante i feel wanted to care, but was afraid that once he did, he'd **** up and everybody would suffer, including him. not just that, but under all the assholeyness, he still has a heart. something i feel that DMC dante lacked (again. i have to exclude anime dante from this. he felt like an actual person to me)

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
i just relate to DmC dante better than DMC dante (with the exception of the anime dante. i still don't know what it is about him). but yeah. DmC dante to me is by far the easiest to relate to and i find cooler. mainly because i know why he is the way he is. what drives him. what motivates him. i always just thought that DMC dante was an asshole who never really got to see the bigger picture or was too narrow minded to see anything but himself and generally didn't care whether the world ended or not (with the exception of anime dante. god damn, what is it about him). DmC dante however, we saw into his past. the things he had to do to survive. the torture he endured. it makes sense why he is the way he is. and i believe that DmC dante wore more of a facade than DMC dante. DmC dante i feel wanted to care, but was afraid that once he did, he'd **** up and everybody would suffer, including him. not just that, but under all the assholeyness, he still has a heart. something i feel that DMC dante lacked (again. i have to exclude anime dante from this. he felt like an actual person to me)

I can kind of counter that(I don't know, but its minor),but in the exchange, it seemed Dante didn't care when Vergil shot Lilith even after the mission was done we can only assume Dante didn't care, it could have all been fixed with Dante literally bursting with anger at Vergil of not only putting Kat, but not keeping his word of keeping Lilith alive at, if their were a cutscene after the mission it would have played out like this, to show he did care about his word:

Vergil: Alright we got Kat and she could provide us-

SLAM!!

Kat: Dante!!

Dante: What the F*** Vergil?!? I thought we agreed we would keep her alive.

Vergil: And she would have revealed our location to Mundus.

Dante: Were supposed to be fighting for humanity and you costed more lives then were suppose to save!

Vergil: You don't get it do you Dante? Even if we let her live, she would have revealed our location. How can you guarantee more lives would have been spared if the scenario you promised happened?

Dante:.....*Angrily shoves Vergil away from him*

But we can only assume that he didn't care even after all that, even after he gave his word.

Last edited:

DMC

Devil May Cry
i like the new dante.. but the shouldnt have replaced old dante for him... they should keep the dmc reboots but finish the old series before making a reboot... besides... at the end of reboot... he changed... so maybe hell mature out on the later series.. hopefully grow hair too!!!!

Top Bottom