• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why would you do that dante??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Angelo_89

Demonic Master
Why in the blue hell did Dante go ahead and leave the Sparda sword with Trish?
In DM3 there was so much emotion over that sword and now he just gets rid of it.
That sword had best devil trigger in the game.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I guess cos emotions are what makes us human and they wanted to portray Dante as a character who is a devil but has learned all of the norms and values of humanity.

HaveANiceDay

Serious business.
He used the sword to enter the underworld and beat Mundus.Once he won, the sword fullfilled its purpose.He wanted to get rid of what happened and disposed of his sword.

Col Sin Scythe

Reaper Squad
if i remember right didn't he say somethin like he doesn't have a father in DMC3, so i think he might not want another weapon from his father as he already has rebellion, which was left to him along with his mothers amulet

HaveANiceDay

Serious business.
Yeah, that was before he learned the truth about his father.Afaik the weapon you start with in DMC1 is the weapon of Sparda, so he didn't get another weapon of his father, he just "upgraded" it.So he has the Soul edge (or whatever it was named, cant remember) and the Rebellion.Would be strange to carry the weapon around the whole time and then just get rid of it because you already have a weapon which was a present from his father.

machindix

When Dante gave Trish Sparda and the amulets, he said something about "This once belonged to my mother. Now I'm giving it to you." Dante is doing what Sparda did years ago-- entrusting the whole essence of his being to someone he cares and treasures most. Power, to both Dante and Sparda, is only a means for defending their loved ones. So with Trish (and Vergil) gone, Dante would have no one to defend, and there's no meaning in keeping all that power. I think thats why he decided to leave it there with Trish when he THOUGHT she was dead...

In another sense, the act also represents Dante's feelings and reconition for Trish as "his mother", or at least her incarnation.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
~Dante want to fulfil the Profecy that Sparda did before.............but Dante used Sparda Sword to kill Mundus then Dante would give Trish coz he did what he should do...................Enter the Underworld, Use Sparda Sword, and Kill Mundus

Col Sin Scythe

Reaper Squad
mundus, isn't dead (if i remember correctly), he's just sealed in the demon world again, cause mundus says he'll be back, then dante replies say hi to my son when you see him or something along them lines

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster
Col Sin Scythe;7863 said:
mundus, isn't dead (if i remember correctly), he's just sealed in the demon world again, cause mundus says he'll be back, then dante replies say hi to my son when you see him or something along them lines

I don't think he is still alive. Remember Sparda killed him but he reserected and came back. I think that when he was dying he was referencing that eventually he will be reserected and it is only a matter of time, and Dante was just making a joke as he died saying that he would have to fight his son, think about it if he did come back it would be in another 2,000 years, and so far it appears that Dante ages as a human, so his son would have been long dead.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Col Sin Schyte is right..............Mundus isnt dead
but he will return to the Human World some day and Dante will kiss his Ass- Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom