• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why was not JC revealed as any other technique?

Should jump cancel be filed in the game files?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aoshi

Hi,

Do u think Jump cancelling should have been revealed as million slash or DT charge?

I could not find it any file like free ride or pole vaulting or any hint as to jump off and cancel.

Do u think capcom need to reveal such secret techniques as it may be vital during gameplay than offer vital stars?

I definitely think that capcom should have revealed it as any other technique as it is fair to expect transparency from game creators.

aoshi

^ Its a definite advantage on air combos which is impossible without JC on trickster.Though it is against game play of different combos(repeating same air move), it buys time in air and is very useful on DMD.Killer bee cancels can inflict great damage in air.

JC is added in DMC 4 though as enemy step.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I have never seen the point in enemy step and never seen JC as a legitimate combo technique. I don't think I will ever see it as anything other than an animation canceling cheat. IMO enemy step should be removed from future games.

aka958

Don't trust people
Jump cancelling has a few uses like keeping myself in the air when fighting bigger bosses such as Beowulf and Cerberus. But when pro's do their jump cancelling it just looks more like jump spamming than anything else imo. Although it raises their style bar to SSS with ease all I see is spam, it doesn't look stylish at all imo.

I've always felt that Jump Cancel shouldn't be counted as a move but more as a game mechanic. But that's just me.

~Yamato slasher~

"Die" = vergil
I like JC because thats the only reason why i want to turn on the PS2 lol. I mean its amazing how Many combo's you can make

Especially with vergil like getting him up the high roller and then continueing with yamato in the air dont you love to do that.

Chrysander

I agree they should have explained jump canceling since it can be helpful, even if you don't do it repeatedly. For those saying it should not be in the game - just don't use it, then everyone's happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom