• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is this game so good and how could it be better ?

Sleepy prince

Simple question : Why is this game's gameplay considered to be so good ? From an overall Beat them all perspective and from a dmc's game perspective.

Second question : How could it be better. I read here that the game is a little slow, and that control are a bit off. Is that true ?
Do you think some of the DMC 2 or 3 idea could have been great in this game ?

Thanks in advance.

Hate to say it but I think the game is fine how it is.

I was going to say a level select, but the game's levels are really well paced you can get through the game in one sitting.
That's not to say the game is easy. I just think it's got its fair share of short and long levels. I don't think any of them drag on and none of them are a chore to play.

8BitHero

Scrub
@Marionette Cherry
Oh man Chocolina >:p

They should remake DMC1 like they did with RE1 and 3 for the Gamecube.
Better voice acting.
A strong emphasis on the story
Add the Style system
Level select
Bloody Palace
and if they do remake the game, then yeah....GRAPHICS

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
They should remake DMC1 like they did with RE1 and 2 for the Gamecube.
Better voice acting.
A strong emphasis on the story
Add the Style system
Level select
Bloody Palace
and if they do remake the game, then yeah....GRAPHICS
all this along with:
costume select (for Trish, Mundus, & Nelo Angelo also)
+adding to the costume select, have an Alastor or Ifrit outfit (with Unlimited DT)
++and Leon from Resident Evil :lol:
Add Rebellion to the weapon list
secret ending maybe?
make it look like RE6, seriously RE6 graphics + DMC3 Combat & Styles + DMC4's on-the-fly style change + DM-F*****-C fer gawd's sake = happy me (maybe fans too)

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I think that DMC is brilliant when it comes to be a simple game with somewhat a complex combat (to his time) and a fantastic enemy design.

As 8BitHero said, i would love to see a remake but i really don't know how they could keep the overall design adding DMC3 and 4 combat system... i mean, the whole system was different and it was what made the game be good. I think that they have to put a lot of thought on how they can make all the aspects of DMC work well with DMC3 and 4, they are pretty different games.

I think that DMC was a so good game because it had rock-solid foundations on its overall design. The enemies are freaking well made, the critical hits and features like sword-cancel make the combat more fluid and intelligent even with the "clunkyness" of the game, plus you had things like DT-Cancelling, sword-cancelling and jump-cancelling (just works with shotgun, i think) that had given the basis to most of future DMC installments even if they are features not intended to be used as players did at the time. Other cool thing is all that freedom to explore the mechanics, this is the kind of thing that always make great games, fighting games are just good and so well-developed in concepts because they had given somewhat this freedom to the players in a way that even some glitches (like cancels itself) turned out to be features in next installments of various series.

My first game of the DMC franchise was DMC3, still, i loved DMC even if it was such a different game. I could see why DMC made one of the best hack'n'slash games be born (DMC3) and how it was the beggining of a whole new genre.

snausages

I've returned to it recently and started a DMD playthrough on the HD collection, something I haven't done since I was 13. It holds up remarkably well. There is very little I'd change about it. Best enemy designs in the series, I think that's something that would be lost if they brought in multiple style switching.

One thing I really like about it is it's relative ease of access compared with 3 and 4. Anyone can play DmD, technically. But that doesn't stop it from being really hard.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
still hopin' for a big remake like they did with RE1...only for PS3 though...and with Rebellion as a weapon choice (Anime Dante's my fave)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I was playing it on PS2 a few weeks back; the only thing I would change is add some kind of style system like DMC3 and a few more weapons.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
add way more combos as its set after dmc3 give him his 4 styles give him rebellion add bloody palace and add hell and hell mode for die hard players also allow the player to do the campaign as nelo angelo having dante as the end boss have trish playable too give it enemy step and weapon switching on the fly so u can do juggles and jump cancel etc

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Glad the HD Collection fixed the controls for the better. It used the format of DMC3's controls (PS3: /\ for Melee, [] or O for Ranged, X for Jump). From what someone told me, it is the most well-balanced DMC game.

I kinda wished the Style System used in DMC3, DMC4, and even DmC would've been used. Because I spammed E&I bullets after launching a Fetish up in the air, which was okay, but wished it had DMC3's challenge.

--
And I wished DMC1 had DMC3's challenging difficulty! :)

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
And I wished DMC1 had DMC3's challenging difficulty! :)

DMC1 is easy on Normal, but after that it rapes you with a 30 inch concrete pole filled with nails and razorblades. :p

I think DMC3 is relatively easy before Dante Must Die mode, and even that is nothing compared to the Nightmare (there is a reason why I wrote that with a capital) that is DMC1's DMD mode. Maybe I think this way because of DMC1's more limited combat options.

And that's the only thing I'd change in the original game aside from updated graphics. More combat variety. I don't want more weapons, just more moves for Alastor, Ifrit and Sparda. The game would definitely benefit from some aerial combos for example.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
DMC1 is easy on Normal, but after that it rapes you with a 30 inch concrete pole filled with nails and razorblades. :p

I think DMC3 is relatively easy before Dante Must Die mode, and even that is nothing compared to the Nightmare (there is a reason why I wrote that with a capital) that is DMC1's DMD mode. Maybe I think this way because of DMC1's more limited combat options.

And that's the only thing I'd change in the original game aside from updated graphics. More combat variety. I don't want more weapons, just more moves for Alastor, Ifrit and Sparda. The game would definitely benefit from some aerial combos for example.

In that DMD mode, while in DT, you can't regenerate health. It was unfair, yet it was challenging. The only way to survive is to farm lots of items by repeating the same playthroughs (either in Normal or Hard) over and over. I think I need at least 100 of every items (save for the Vital Star since I can have only one).

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
In that DMD mode, while in DT, you can't regenerate health. It was unfair, yet it was challenging. The only way to survive is to farm lots of items by repeating the same playthroughs (either in Normal or Hard) over and over. I think I need at least 100 of every items (save for the Vital Star since I can have only one).

Yeah, the unability to carry more than one Vital Star made DMD extra difficult, almost unfair, because there definitely isn't any logical reason for Dante to only carry one at a time.

Top Bottom