• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Fanboys Need to Stop Being Fanboys

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

My definition of a fanboy is when someone is being completely ignorant that a game or product not made by their most hearted company is **** and will always be **** to them. People have opinions and preferences, this is something i understand. I don’t understand why people say a masterpiece like Heavy Rain was the worst game they have ever played, you have to at least acknowledge the game for taking a different approach and doing something original and if thats the worst game you have ever played then please go play Rogue Warrior. Yes fanboys spur competition but just think if we didn’t have this virus in our gaming community what it would be like.

0223_Heavy_rain_full_600.jpg
I game on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.I enjoy all the platforms and what they offer me . at the moment PC is giving me Minecraft and Starcraft2. Xbox has all my indie game needs and i always enjoy a good Left 4 Dead game with friends, i need my zombie dose every now and then. The Ps3 with the SOCOM4 beta and soon to be Playstation Move Heroes.

8311.left4dead_2D00_mar1st.jpg

Over the three i do prefer gaming on the PS3 simply because i like the controller over the other two, and a few of the exclusive series i really like. Now that I’m done showing you I’m not a biased fanboy making a post about fanboys i will go on with my article.

I do know this is a waste of writing because inevitably there will always be fanboys. I’m not wasting my time entirely though because I’m trying to open peoples eyes to what they’re missing out on by standing with one company. Its like eating one kind of food your whole life, instead of trying new food and experiencing new tastes you just eat your hamburger expecting everything else to taste like snot compared to it.

big_burger_eaters.jpg

Reasons to not be a fanboy fanatic.

Why not to be a PS3 fanboy: Your missing out on the great coop experience of Left4Dead, you will never know what Limbo is, a flashlight will go unused in Alan Awake, you will never be able to truly complete the Splinter Cell series.

Why not to be a Xbox360 fanboy: PixelJunk games and that’s all i need to say, you cant dance on defeated opponents in SOCOM4, Nathan Drake will be just another name to you, Kratos will get his vengance on you, you will know why SolidSnake can finally rest.

Why you shouldn’t ignore the PC: Half-Life will show you the true worth of a crowbar, you will learn why StarCraft2 took so long to make, Diablo3 will melt your face off, the MMO experince will never be had, you don’t know what Steam is.
I leave the Wii out because i do not have the money to buy one and i just play it when i go over to friends houses.

halflife2episode3in2010.jpg
I know people don’t have the option or resources to get the other systems and upgrade their PC’s but if you have the option to then i urge you to explore the gaming world.

I remember back when we could buy a game without having to worry what store to go to or what system to buy it on because of some level or item that’s only accessible from one particular company. Why can’t we go back to enjoying games for how fun and adventurous they are instead of fighting over why this system or game is superior over the other one.
Crash%2BBandicoot.jpg

My main point is don’t limit your enjoyment of games to one system. Use the time you waste on an internet fight with some random person on youtube or N4G in comments or other forums and go beat that game gathering dust on your shelf.

Source: http://citrusmojo.com/2011/03/20/why-fanboys-need-to-stop-being-fanboys/

aka958

Don't trust people
I don’t understand why people say a masterpiece like Heavy Rain was the worst game they have ever played, you have to at least acknowledge the game for taking a different approach and doing something original and if thats the worst game you have ever played then please go play Rogue Warrior. Yes fanboys spur competition but just think if we didn’t have this virus in our gaming community what it would be like.

Is it just me or does the person say that Heavy Rain is a masterpiece and then completely diss Rogue Warrior?

Honestly, I haven't played neither of those games. But someone who starts with such a bias when that person is talking about fanboys should stop being biased... I don't really know if I want to read on. <.<

Meg

Is it just me or does the person say that Heavy Rain is a masterpiece and then completely diss Rogue Warrior?

Honestly, I haven't played neither of those games. But someone who starts with such a bias when that person is talking about fanboys should stop being biased... I don't really know if I want to read on. <.<

I don't think he is being biased. He's just stating his opinion. He does state that even if you don't like Heavy Rain to at least appreciate what it was, which is a fair point. As far as Rogue Warrior goes, I think there is something to be said about a game that is averaging a 27-29 on each platform on Metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/Rogue+Warrios/results

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't think he is being biased. He's just stating his opinion. He does state that even if you don't like Heavy Rain to at least appreciate what it was, which is a fair point. As far as Rogue Warrior goes, I think there is something to be said about a game that is averaging a 27-29 on each platform on Metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/Rogue Warrios/results

I get a strong feeling it's contradictive to the persons point. Later on I see the person talking about fanboys for each gaming console and how they shouldn't be so negative to anything alien. But honestly, this is kind of what the person said:
"Heavy Rain - Masterpiece, innovative, creative
Rogue Warrior - Piece of sh*t"

Doesn't sound befitting to say, if for example the fanboy hates Heavy Rain and talks bad about it. Then the person who created the text says that Heavy Rain is a masterpiece and something else is crap, sounds to me like that person is no different as the fanboy.

Meg

I get a strong feeling it's contradictive to the persons point. Later on I see the person talking about fanboys for each gaming console and how they shouldn't be so negative to anything alien. But honestly, this is kind of what the person said:
"Heavy Rain - Masterpiece, innovative, creative
Rogue Warrior - Piece of sh*t"

Doesn't sound befitting to say, if for example the fanboy hates Heavy Rain and talks bad about it. Then the person who created the text says that Heavy Rain is a masterpiece and something else is crap, sounds to me like that person is no different as the fanboy.
To be honest I took the Rogue Warrior comment as sarcasm. :/

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
I think we need some Sega fanboys, because the person forgot about the whole rivalry between Nintendo and Sega back in the days of the NES's later days, SNES, and Sega Genesis. Um... I guess I'll find some...

That aside, the person has good points, but they are doing something that won't change a thing. Fanboys are kinda important since for every smart one, you need a blind follower. They are the guys buying the next gen consoles of their favorite brand. At least give the people some credit.

I find any fanboy or fangirl to be annoying, but I don't see why we can't see why the PS3 was being bought in enough amounts to keep it alive when it was a young console. This wasn't like the 3DO, as the system was a Playstation. It had a loyal following already, unlike consoles before it toting high prices. It was the butt of jokes, but who were in those lines buying PS3 units on the release day? Sony fanboys and fangirls were part of those lines.

It might seem like I'm defending blind followers, but I'm simply giving the good things about them. Without them, the PS3 would be less likely to get any of the games it has now.

Osaka

trollololol
I think we need some Sega fanboys, because the person forgot about the whole rivalry between Nintendo and Sega back in the days of the NES's later days, SNES, and Sega Genesis. Um... I guess I'll find some...

Oh how I miss the Sega - Nintendo rivalry. I miss Sega not releasing a new console too. I think Sega pulling out was one of the low points in gaming history, whatever you thought about them. I mean the Dreamcast was just as great a bit of console as the others when it came out.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I thought of Sega too. The biggest fanboys that p*** me off are the Sonic Fanboy's.
They've moaned about every game scince sonic 3.
I'm a fan of sonic and i'll admit that I love the 3D games AND the extra characters.

I couldn't be a 'fanboy' or girl of today's consoles because a lot of games are multi format anyway.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
I thought of Sega too. The biggest fanboys that p*** me off are the Sonic Fanboy's.
I'm a fan of sonic and i'll admit that I love the 3D games AND the extra characters.

I couldn't be a 'fanboy' or girl of today's consoles because a lot of games are multi format anyway.

The PS3 version of Assassin's Creed 1 has the best framerate compared to the Xbox 360 version.

It has the worst framerates compared to the 360 version, actually. I'm just trying to bring a light heart to the place.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Ummm, i didn't like Assassin's Creed anyway.
I know there are differences with the consoles, but i think to fight over them is stupid

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

Agreed. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were great, Heroes was good, 06 was... Well, that was a disaster, but Unleashed and Black Knight were good too.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
Ummm, i didn't like Assassin's Creed anyway.
I know there are differences with the consoles, but i think to fight over them is stupid

Then u be noobz.

Joking aside, I could care less about the console crap. I just happen to prefer the Sony and Nintendo consoles. I've bought the consoles they made much of my gaming years before and now. I like the build quality, and games. The 360 looks like it has some cool games, but I'm happy with a PS2, Wii, and PS3 making my TV yell in pain. Oh, and the power strip is only happy that I didn't plug in a 32X along with a Sega Genesis on a Sega CD.

aka958

Don't trust people

I'm a fanboy of Square-Enix. I still hate Kingdom Hearts and some other golden stars of it's series.
Sounds to me that you are judging fanboys/girls as blind followers. How nice of you. :3

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

I'm a fanboy of Square-Enix. I still hate Kingdom Hearts and some other golden stars of it's series.
Sounds to me that you are judging fanboys/girls as blind followers. How nice of you. :3

That's because that's what a literal fanboy is. A crazed follower of a company who will buy anything from said company but denounce everything else. Just cuz you say you're a fanboy doesn't mean you are.

Osaka

trollololol
There are different degrees of fanboyisom/girlisom. I doubt, aka, that you're the zealot type.
Even though I seemed to have more Sega and Playstation consoles, I never really had any fangirl attachment to either companies.

Meg

Fangirl/boy-ness isn't limited to just game companies either! o_O Something I wish this article addressed are the people that are not a fangirl/boy of an entire game company, but of a single game series, or even character. Those people can be just as bad.

*looks at sig and avatar* Oh...:oops:

Meg

I wouldn't consider myself a fangirl of DMC though. I mean, I'm obviously a fan or I wouldn't be here, but I'm not all....fangirly. XD

Elton John

Fanboygirlishness is never going to stop because kids will never stop to exist. And I don't mean to be offensive to kids. This is just the nature of many of them. It's quite common being criticised about matters of PERSONAL TASTE like music or gaming in primary or secondary school. I don't see adults saying things like "OMG! What kind of **** is this **** you are listening to?". Well, I do but not every day.

Thing is, in real life you assort with people of your age most of the time and even when you happen to be with a person much younger than you he will show some respect because he can see what you look like. On the internet it's different.

Meg

It's quite common being criticised about matters of PERSONAL TASTE like music or gaming in primary or secondary school. I don't see adults saying things like "OMG! What kind of **** is this **** you are listening to?". Well, I do but not every day.

I doubt grade school kids say that either. XD

Top Bottom