• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why do western developers suck at action games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I know, that's why I like Max Payne (along with the noir elements). Then Stranglehold lifted Max Payne's gameplay and made it even cooler. Things came full circle, and it was awesome.

This is also here nor there to the discussion. How's the bottom of the barrel lookin'?

Dantenevercries

I know, that's why I like Max Payne (along with the noir elements). Then Stranglehold lifted Max Payne's gameplay and made it even cooler. Things came full circle, and it was awesome.

This is also here nor there to the discussion. How's the bottom of the barrel lookin'?
did John Woo invent Bullet time though? or did he just popularize it

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shadow of the Collosus

RESIDENT EVIL 4

all japanese developers....."shock horror"

are we talking about games in general or action games, cause i think i meant character action games....

even then japan as a whole still has more memorable games then the west

chrono trigger, final fantasy 6 etc.e tc.

How old are those games, several generations... ?... At least mine were recent.
Funny that, all of the games you've listed are the ones I hate... Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, very overrated... :sleep:

Nintendo couldn't really drop the 'successful formula' for a game like Ocarina of Time, so they've used it over and over again in other Zelda games (Same goes for Mario and Final Fantasy). Capcom (and NT) try something different and you hate it... Ironic really.

Dantenevercries

most people consider Resident Evil 4 the best 6th generation game of all time..... MGS 3 and Shadow of the Collosus are also some of the biggest games

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Funny that, all of the games you've listed are the ones I hate... Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, very overrated... .
What-Minion.gif

While I agree the OP is spouting bullshit

HOW THE **** DO YOU MANAGE TO HATE OCARINA OF TIME!?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
How old are those games, several generations... ?... At least mine were recent.
Funny that, all of the games you've listed are the ones I hate... Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, very overrated... :sleep:

Hurt me there for a sec when you said that about Super Mario 64. That game is still such a blast to play. However I did enjoy Banjo Kazooie more.

And I can kinda get behind Ocarina. That's just because The Windwaker is still my personal favorite Zelda game and in my opinion the best along with Link To The Past. I still like Ocarina though.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
i just deleted my post it aint worth even saying anything as he just wants to get a rise out of us leave him have his,opinion i won‘t humor him by replying to these threads anymore ha
I wouldn't mind a debate, but there are no points to debate about. All that OP puts forward is opinion and refuses to acknowledge anyone else. That's not even a valid topic idea to me.

no, japanese combat designers are superior

see bayonetta
Next you'll be telling us Japan is superior in everything and how you want to live there...:facepalm:

I wouldn't mind your assertions, but they are only your opinions, over and over, coupled with refusal to see anyone else's POV.

))<==>((

Back and forth. Forever.
Forever and ever and then the universe exploded. :tongue:

Heck, this isn't even a topic or a discussion, it's just 'accept my opinion' followed by 'I am right' in topic after topic. It's like doing this over and over.:banghead:

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I think the west are pretty good at action games. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Severance: Blade of Darkness, Dark Messiah of Blood and Magic, Darksiders 2, Witcher 2(Especially with combat rebelance mod) and so on and on.

If only Skyrim had the combat of Dark Messiah...*sigh*

1048638027_1380798328.png

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
What I really love about this thread is that the OP implies that the country determines whether or not the game is good. That's ACTUALLY what I hated about Tameem's PR, he made it sound as though his game was superior just because it was made in a certain part of the world.
There are some Western games that I like.
There are some Japanese games that I like.

Who's to say I can't like them both?

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
What I really love about this thread is that the OP implies that the country determines whether or not the game is good. That's ACTUALLY what I hated about Tameem's PR, he made it sound as though his game was superior just because it was made in a certain part of the world.
There are some Western games that I like.
There are some Japanese games that I like.

Who's to say I can't like them both?
g137546945018816480.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom