• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do people think Kat got raped?

Exejpgwmv

I've been seeing people criticizing DmC's writing by saying Kat has cliche/generic rape backstory(Not in these forums though).
But no where in the game is this alluded to.
The only thing that even comes close to this is when Kat said she got attacked by her demon stepfather at night. And that just makes me think she got beat, since in real life when a child is being mistreated it's most likely to happen at night and not during the day time where there are more people around and when someones most likely to do something about it.

So what I really want to know is, how did these rumors even get started since someone wouldn't be able to say for sure she has this kind of backstory.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I've been seeing people criticizing DmC's writing by saying Kat has cliche/generic rape backstory(Not in these forums though).
But no where in the game is this alluded to.
The only thing that even comes close to this is when Kat said she got attacked by her demon stepfather at night. And that just makes me think she got beat, since in real life when a child is being mistreated it's most likely to happen at night and not during the day time where there are more people around and when someones most likely to do something about it.

So what I really want to know is, how did these rumors even get started since someone wouldn't be able to say for sure she has this kind of backstory.
its not explicitly stated so i think people were meant to drawn their own conclusions about it.

it could go either way tbh.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Rape? All she said was that she was attacked, as in phisically abused by her father as if he was a drunk. abusive father.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm not sure. I guess it could be interpreted like that, but I just though he beat her up or something like that.

I suppose people jump on the rape bandwagon because of DmC being 'edgy' as some put it. So they think implied rape fits right into that.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I always thought she had gotten raped because she said 'he attacked me most nights' but then, thinking about it, it could be possible that he was just a drunk and beat her so bad she blacked out and went into Limbo.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
i origanally drew the rape conclusion but thinking over it the drunk and beating makes sense.
yet the movie sucker punch is drawn to mind about this whole situation.
drunk stepfather, beat one daughter, raped the other(tried to)

Sunaka Marién

I guess it really comes from her saying that those 'attacks' took place at night; I personally always thought she got beat up, however that changed not too long ago:
From what I get, those attacks are the 'nightmares' she was talking about, right? And as far as I know, there is a believe that demons attack their victims through nightmares. That would explain why those attacks on Kat only happened at night aswell as why she couldn't physically escape. Which again means that her demon stepfather probably never even really layed a finger on her, which also explains whe she didn't carry any scars or other visible marks from that abuse.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
41c5f916ce8f99b03f23b9c692924643a1bdb0fb663d7c77b5c277821bf65a52.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I guess, but you don't know if the person you're making that joke to had been raped or sexually attacked in some way. In that case, it certainly wouldn't be funny for a person to listen to a joke like that.

Who's the guy anyway? His grin is creepy. Maybe that's because he's on a rape joke meme. :cautious:

Hi, new here and I would like to share my opinion on the matter, when I first played DMC I was like "Was kat raped?" Cause the way she talked about points in that direction. But what if she used the term "Attacked" for both beatings and rape, cause she never really implied it was one or the other, the thought of both occured to me around my 3rd playthrough. The thought of it being both makes her physical escape seem more desperate, hence the escape to limbo

Astelf

Wow, old thread getting revived.
Anyway, I didn't think about rape until now.
Idk if that's what they were going for, and they probably weren't.
But I think it fits, so I'll use it as a headcanon.

Top Bottom