• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why did you pick the username you did?

Saosin

King of Games
On the Yu-Gi-Oh forum that I also belong to, this was a pretty popular thread topic. Plus i've seen a bunch of creative usernames on this forum as well and I just wanted to know the meaning(s) and or Reason(s), if any at all behind the one that my fellow members have chosen.

Btw I chose "Saosin" because it is the same name as one of my favorite bands. :p

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I wanted to make a tarutaru name in FFXI, and there was a name in Blade that caught my attention, Faustinas. Made my taru and the name Faust stuck ever since.

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
I picked my username from my playstation network account. Before I wanted my account to DemonNightmare because I think demons live in everyones' nightmares which should be obvious, but someone else took it.:mad:
But after a while I grew to love my DemonDream name.
Whether a nightmare or a dream, demons will always exist in there.

aka958

Don't trust people
Aka958 comes from the starting letters of my fathers name, my name, and my sisters name combined, the 958 is from the randomized numbers the internet page suggested when I created my first account.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I always kind of loosely associated Vergil/Nelo with Darth Vader. Some young guy who likes power ends up becoming this big black evil dude with the help of an all powerful emperor. Nelo Angelo just reminds me of Darth Vader and with Nero (his original name) meaning "dark" the two beginnings seemed like the same sort of thing.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was originally called DreadnoughtDT, as that was my favorite DT form of the series. However, now I'm called Storm Silves as it's the name of one of my RP characters, and it rolls off the tongue just as well if not better than my previous name.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
when i was 19 i had a 28 year old guy and his girlfriend living nextdoor. used to go over there and get ****ed up, play ninja gaiden, and watch an old tv show called shasta mcnasty. scene.

we started using sauceymcnasty and cheezymcnasty when competing for high scores in ninja gaiden. he's moved away, but i'm pretty attached to the name even so.

Meg

Originally I was meg127, but I dislike those numbers, so now I'm just Meg. :D

Ironically, I refer to myself as my full name irl.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I didn't like my previous user-name, so I had it changed. And I think it sounds good, so it's stuck ever since.

Meg

^ I think your name is rather misleading though. You're to nice to be the Lord of Darkness. ^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Meg;291747 said:
^ I think your name is rather misleading though. You're to nice to be the Lord of Darkness. ^_^

I thought I told you once to keep that secret? :ninja:

Meg

>.>
<.<

How do you know I wasn't trying to trick people to keep your identity safe? Some reverse psychology for ya there.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Meg;291770 said:
>.>
<.<

How do you know I wasn't trying to trick people to keep your identity safe? Some reverse psychology for ya there.

Of course I knew your intentions, I was just joking of course :ninja:

But seriously, hated my previous name lol

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I hate choosing usernames and I've said this before, but I just used my real name cuz I always regret the crap usernames I choose. Obviously Ebony is one of Dante's guns, so lame DMC link there. I just need an 'Ivory' to sign up and I'll be complete. :lol:

Top Bottom