• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why did Dante jump off the temen ni gru?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
To follow Vergil and Arkham who both jumped off of it as well.

If the whale hadn't been there he probably would have found some crazy way to get to a lower floor, maybe jumping off of enemies like he did in the Savior cutscene in DMC4.
Or maybe just popped Devil Trigger to do it.

Also, I doubt being eaten was intentional. He was testing his new found powers at that point, and distracted by how awesome they feel he didn't pay attention to the Leviathan until too late.

Goldsickle

This was after he first acquired devil trigger. Are we certain that he was able to fly at this point?
Rebellion's Devil Trigger mode does allow him to glide a bit.
But whether he is aware of this ability or not is something else.
He always seems to quickly grasp at his newfound powers or weapons, so maybe this isn't different.

When Nero' activates his Devil Trigger the first time, he is seen firing a Maximum Bet-like blade wave from Yamato.
It's maybe a Sparda lineage thing.

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is part of the great mysteries of life. Why did Dante jump off the tower? And why did the chicken cross the road?
Who knows what is going through the head of a chicken or half-demon party animal?
I mean the answer could be as simple as, they wanted to get from point A to point B.
Or, like, jumping off the tower would get him to the ground floor faster than going down all those stupid levels again.:D

Meg

This is part of the great mysteries of life. Why did Dante jump off the tower? And why did the chicken cross the road?
Who knows what is going through the head of a chicken or half-demon party animal?
I mean the answer could be as simple as, they wanted to get from point A to point B.
Or, like, jumping off the tower would get him to the ground floor faster than going down all those stupid levels again.:D
Because Dante having to backtrack the entire game would have ben ridiculous. :laugh::wink:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
To show off.

Looked to me like he was intentionally getting swallowed by the leviathan, 'cause he jumped towards it.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Because Dante having to backtrack the entire game would have ben ridiculous. :laugh::wink:

Pretty much this is the reason here^^^

Dante would have had to backtrack through so much stuff to get back to ground level that it makes perfect sense for a guy of his power and skill to just opt to jump off of it instead. At that point he was high on the power of his DT so he may have been pretty confident that with his new awakened power he would somehow survive the jump and to be honest I don't blame him, If I had that kind of power I would have done exactly the same F&*% backtracking lol.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In story Dante felt the power surge from getting his devil trigger unlocked. The blood was rushing through his head and decided to go WTF YOLO and jump off the roof.

He's addicted to the thrill after all.

Top Bottom