• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why can't we have a DMC spin-off ? has capcom no confidence left in the series ?

Would you like DMC/DmC spin-offs right now ?

• HELL YEAH !

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No..

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Make that WAY before even Dante's time could come. I'm actually tired of hearing his story over and over in each beginning of a DMC game!

They would really have to out due themselves to give justice to sparda's story i mean i played darksiders 1 and i was kind of impresed and it was fun and then i bought two and omg i was blown away and am so excited for a 3rd so to really do dmc 5 right with sparda being the main character or even a nero main with a vergil back story they would really need to do things right and step up their game to bring in the big bucks..anyone know how darksiders 2 did for sales jw?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
And lots and lots of Xplosions
RES._6.gif

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To be honest, Im not sure how a spin-off would differ from a sequel since DMC's story is really self contained and disjointed so switching characters and jumping around the timeline wouldn't be that jarring for the series.

I'm guessing the series is shelved because DmC didn't do more than the past series in terms of sales and they wanna develop other IPs (new or old) as well as the DMC team was broken up and doing other things.

Since NT is on a new project DmC is put off till they finish i guess. Or it could be passed on to Capcom Vancouver( the dead rising team) or the Strider guys as they are both western developers.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm guessing the series is shelved because DmC didn't do more than the past series in terms of sales and they wanna develop other IPs (new or old) as well as the DMC team was broken up and doing other things.
Well that's a Shame because DmC is like the only decent game capcom has released last year.

I guess spin-offs would have more creative freedom with its own direction.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The first playthrough is by far the worse, but once you know what the deal is the game gets far more enjoyable.
RE6 has a replay value ? it was so linear and you didn't have to buy any guns so what's the replay value ? i finished all campaigns on veteran and i don't really feel like playing again and the muliplayer modes get boring.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well that's a Shame because DmC is like the only decent game capcom has released last year.

I guess spin-offs would have more creative freedom with its own direction.

by spinoffs what do you mean?

are you talking different characters or different genres?

Top Bottom