• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why can't we have a DMC spin-off ? has capcom no confidence left in the series ?

Would you like DMC/DmC spin-offs right now ?

• HELL YEAH !

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No..

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Just wondering what if Cacpom comes with an iron clad method of actually making a DmC&DMC crossover possible it would be so sick especially with older dante's over the top insane action and converstations with new

I know it sounds kinda impossible but if UMVC3 can happen WHY CAN'T DmCXDMC ? I mean i'd love myself some DMC spin-offs or DmC spin-offs and especially for next gen consoles limbo can be visually stunning IMO

After NT starting a new project it seems like DMC is just put on hold which kinda annoys me because NOTHING is stopping capcom from making a DMC spin-off for testing out new devs maybe a new dev can pull out something new ?

berto

I Saw the Devil
To answer you questions:
Do I want a spin off?
Hell to the yes.
Will capcom make one?
Hell to the no.
Don't they have confidence in the series?
Not that much.

the thing is 12 mil is a nice number but it;s not as solid as 52, which is what RE has brought in. RE is a huge brand and spin off sell well, some times better than the number entries, but DMC doesn't sell well enough to guarantee spin-off success. It certainly guarantees cameo success, but not full titles.

Meg

I don't think it's that Capcom has no confidence left in the series. I think they have no confidence that they can please the fanbase.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a crossover between DMC and DmC. They could make it a smaller, downloadable game with recycled game mechanics from DmC and DMC3&4. Just make it a one on one fighter with hack 'n slash gameplay. We could have Dante vs. Dante and Vergil vs. Vergil. Or DmC Dante vs. DMC Vergil. Whatever. They can also include other characters like Nero, Trish, and Lady. Maybe even Credo. Sell it for like, seven dollars.

Bam. Devil May Cry crossover that cost barely anything to make. Sold for a fair price. And it would make a lot of fans happy.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This has the same tone as your last thread, RMX. Calm down.

I actually agree with you 100% on this thread and the last one, but I don't want Angel to have another reason to reprimand you.

Er, no offense to Angel, of course. Greatest admin ever.

I'm gonna leave now.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
To answer you questions:
Do I want a spin off?
Hell to the yes.
Will capcom make one?
Hell to the no.
Don't they have confidence in the series?
Not that much.

the thing is 12 mil is a nice number but it;s not as solid as 52, which is what RE has brought in. RE is a huge brand and spin off sell well, some times better than the number entries, but DMC doesn't sell well enough to guarantee spin-off success. It certainly guarantees cameo success, but not full titles.

Not entirely the Sengoku Basara series got a fighting game spin-off.

Last time I check Sengoku Basara despite having almost twice the amount of games compared to DMC doesn't even have half the total sales yet it got a fighting game spin-off (by Ark-Sys Works).

Its not their current business model either if Lost Planet just recently got a spin-off as well.

Nothing is stopping them but themselves. A DMC spin-off is a wild card. Its not a matter of if Capcom will do a DMC spin-off based on DMC alone but when compared to many other projects they could invest money will a DMC spin-off be of any priority. I mean its really 3 options: A. DMC spin-off B. a new DMC/DmC game C. Something else (not DMC related).

At the end of the day, the money, effort, and time used for one project is another project not getting any of those. Capcom can easily put the money, resources, and manpower they would apply to a DMC game (spin-off or not) to another game (new IPs even).

IncarnatedDemon

Its like when Dante tried to teach capcom how to be cool, same thing with spin offs.

Dante: cruaazy...
capcom: reboot
Dante: no cruaa-zyyyy
capcom: reeeeboot
Dante: Say with me now: cruuuuuuuuuu zaaaaay
capcom: reeeee boooooot
Dante: -_-

Telling capcom to do a spin off wont work.

IncarnatedDemon

Imagine playing as Mundus. And the story is about killing Dante.

When Mundus is killing Dante all the fan girls are screaming:

"No stop killing my future husband! STOp IT! Someone call capcom. Mundus is actually killing Dante

OMG i thiought Dante would win !

Nooo Dante!!!!!
"

and a other fangirl watching whos in total despair says:
"Stop hes already dead :( !".

hahahhahha lol

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
lol last time i checked Raccon city was a failure >_> and pretty much RE6 as well.
Its still not even a year after release of DmC. Give them some time.
I'm actually talking about a spin-off not a DmC sequel DMC never had a spin-off.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
lol last time i checked Raccon city was a failure >_> and pretty much RE6 as well.I'm actually talking about a spin-off not a DmC sequel DMC never had a spin-off.

Why was RE6 a faliure? are we talking fan response or sales, because the only issue ive heard via fans is its too much of a shooter i havent heard if it sold well or not yet

Top Bottom