• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
By heir do you mean that Nero is destined to be the rightful inheritor of Sparda's power or just meant to carry on his bloodline? For Capcom to suddenly come out and say
"we know you all love Dante...but we have kind of run out of ideas so we are just going to brush him aside for now while Nero takes over for a bit, we kind of screwed up with Dante in 2 and 3 and have now totally alienated him from his father so now he can't be the next Sparda"

It would be a very unpopular decision, Dante has been in the spotlight too long I mean look at the fuss people made when he was only in half a DMC game. Personally I would love to see Nero take over and carry on the bloodline. I would be willing to let go of Dante for good if need be but most people wouldn't want to, Capcom can't let go of Dante now. I can see the phrase
"nah I don't play DMC anymore, it sucks since they took Dante out" being said a lot.

Sparda™

Well, logically, Dante and Vergil, judged by their character would never be the ones to carry Sparda's bloodline to the next generation.

Now I can see why the introduction of Nero makes sense, although, I still hold a grudge on Capcom for the way he was introduced in the series - without a proper look on his past.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
who said dmc is about Dante...by the looks of it, it's really about Sparda... so Dante's chapter is probably on hold and now Nero is gonna take over for a bit...then, when they finally decide to end DMC, they'll have Dante and Verg come back and help Nero annihilate Mundus....

btw...Sparda...i love how u agree with me on most of these concepts XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sparda™;189211 said:
My point is clear - Nero will be the one to carry Sparda's bloodline to the other generation. Dante and Vergil were never meant to continue It. Dante was the righteous son, Vergil the dark son and Nero the heir and father of Sparda's grandsons.

If that is the case Capcom should just quit the series here and now. They can't use Dante as the protagonist throughout most of the series with the plan to shunt him out the picture later on without preparing DMC fans for it. What I mean is, if they'd been planning on bringing Nero in to take over the role as star protagonist, they should have foreshadowed his coming BIG TIME in all previous games. To create a sense of expectation among fans, make them eager to finally meet this mysterious descendant who will become the face of DMC. If they'd done that, I doubt people would be hating on Nero as much as they are now (and yeah, I'm one of them)

My point is, when you think DMC, you automatically think Dante. He's always been the star of the series. Vergil was the awesome antagonist. With those roles already being filled, where the hell does Nero fit in, really?

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;189232 said:
lol...on most threads, we have the same ideas...that's wat i mean...it's funny cuz we usually team up without even knowing it

Sorry to sound too cynical or selfish, but I usually don't notice such things in discussions. I always jump to conclusions by myself.

clairavance;189237 said:
If that is the case Capcom should just quit the series here and now. They can't use Dante as the protagonist throughout most of the series with the plan to shunt him out the picture later on without preparing DMC fans for it. What I mean is, if they'd been planning on bringing Nero in to take over the role as star protagonist, they should have foreshadowed his coming BIG TIME in all previous games. To create a sense of expectation among fans, make them eager to finally meet this mysterious descendant who will become the face of DMC. If they'd done that, I doubt people would be hating on Nero as much as they are now (and yeah, I'm one of them)

My point is, when you think DMC, you automatically think Dante. He's always been the star of the series. Vergil was the awesome antagonist. With those roles already being filled, where the hell does Nero fit in, really?

In fact, the addition of Nero was needed. Having too much Dante was getting really old. This could be It. Refreshing the series is what we really were asking for. Devil May Cry 4 going all Dante would be a little off, personally.

I can know understand why Capcom insisted on making this move - presenting Nero directly to the series as the first character taking the majority in a game in the series over Dante. I'm sure they will bring back Vergil, and possibly Sparda.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
clairavance;189237 said:

when i hear dmc the first thing i think of is Sparda and demon killing..not Dante...and i'd hate to say, if they are callin 2 non-canon, which is wat i've heard, then dante has only been in 1 and 3 as the main character...and in 3 u don't focus on the character as much as u do the story...that said, Nero revitalizes the series....Dante needed to be changed...

Sparda™

What you said makes no sense.

Devil May Cry 2 is set so far in the future, It COULD be as well removed from the series.

In fact, If anyone of you would be a bit on track, you'd figure out Devil May Cry 2 introduced a game where Dante's role was minimized. That should be enough to prove to all that despite his main role and his anthem-like presence in the series, sooner or later he would be replaced.

I'm not sure how Devil May Cry 2 will link with the rest of the storyline because neither Lady or Trish and nor Vergil and Nero are nowhere to be seen. Well, that's a minor problem compared to what have they planned for DMC5.

Ivory-X-Ebony

Why don't just Capcom modify the series?
I think Capcom could keep the series without Nero. .
By modifying dante moves and give him new enemies. . Not just stack with his past. .

Sparda™

Ivory-X-Ebony;189248 said:
Why don't just Capcom modify the series?
I think Capcom could keep the series without Nero. .
By modifying dante moves and give him new enemies. . Not just stack with his past. .

Well, you seemingly need to play every Devil May Cry game, read every Devil May Cry info and study every Devil May Cry plothole in order to give a mature comment about this.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
yeah..i guess we'll see wat happens when 5 comes....and all i was sayin is how dante's role isn't as major as everyone makes it...yeah he's the protagonist, but the series isn't really about him...it's about Sparda in general

Sparda™

The series is about the fact even devils might express such extreme feelings to them.

The series is about revenge, power, love and justice.

The series has drama, comedy, romance and action.

The series revolves about everything that has to do with demons and their heritage.

To keep It short, the series is about a half-breed who kills demons.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I heard that the plan after 1 (whether it was decided by the DMC1 crowd or the guys who took over after) That Dante was only supposed to have been in 1 which makes sense as we pretty much find out everything we need to know and Dante fulfills his destiny within the space of a single game. Everything seems to wrap up at the end with no real need for a sequel.

But I don't know if this is true I just remember being told this a while ago.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;189258 said:
I heard that the plan after 1 (whether it was decided by the DMC1 crowd or the guys who took over after) That Dante was only supposed to have been in 1 which makes sense as we pretty much find out everything we need to know and Dante fulfills his destiny within the space of a single game. Everything seems to wrap up at the end with no real need for a sequel.

But I don't know if this is true I just remember being told this a while ago.

Well, as long as the series have progressed, that has been the truth.

Ivory-X-Ebony

Sparda™;189252 said:
Well, you seemingly need to play every Devil May Cry game, read every Devil May Cry info and study every Devil May Cry plothole in order to give a mature comment about this.

Uhm, i'm sorry.. I just play DMC 1-3. . I haven't played the 4th serie. . I got the info about DMC 4 only from some websites. .
I'm sorry if i had said anything wrong. . :$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom