• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who would really win in a fight

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
ok. how about for this thread we put our favoritism aside and view this logically. for this example i will use DmC dante (post full potential reached) and DMC3 dante (post second battle with vergil). right off the bat we should know that both dante's are more powerful than their fathers. and the DMC3 dante is far more powerful than any devil in hell and so is DmC dante. however, DmC dante has an advantage over DMC3 dante. DMC3 dante is cambion. Cambions are more powerful than angels and demons. therefore DMC3 dante seems to be stronger, but when you think about it, DmC dante is nephilim. a child of both angel and demon. he has the best of both worlds. something DMC3 dante doesn't have. then again, DMC3 dante has more experience and skill than DmC dante. He has known of his power since he could talk. DmC dante didn't even know what he was until he was a teenager. DMC3 dante also knows multiple fighting styles where as DmC dante just tosses stuff around kinda sloppily. DmC dante has a more powerful DT though. It is so powerful it was able to wipe out vergil's doppelganger. however, it is hinted that vergil wasn't using his full power in that fight. We also have the deal with weapons. DmC dante has some pretty powerful equipment but DMC3 dante's devil arms are very powerful. His rebellion and maybe A&R could rival DmC rebellion, osiris, and arbiter. there are many more abilities that are so similar they rival each other but at the end of the day, i think that it will tie and the two will go out for pizza then kick some demon ass

yMusou

Must we only compare this two? I like DMC4 Dante much more. Three Devil Arms, three guns and five styles can be used unlimitedly. He is so powerful, is't he? DMC3 Dante also has many arms and styles, but we can't use them all at the same time.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Must we only compare this two? I like DMC4 Dante much more. Three Devil Arms, three guns and five styles can be used unlimitedly. He is so powerful, is't he? DMC3 Dante also has many arms and styles, but we can't use them all at the same time.

i chose DMC3 dante because he is the weakest of the classic DMC series and he could still give DmC dante a harsh beating. DMC4 dante would kill DmC dante. it would be like if in DMC4 dante used his full power fighting nero. the game would have ended quit swiftly

yMusou

i chose DMC3 dante because he is the weakest of the classic DMC series and he could still give DmC dante a harsh beating. DMC4 dante would kill DmC dante. it would be like if in DMC4 dante used his full power fighting nero. the game would have ended quit swiftly

Yeah, you're right. That's it. DMC4 Dante will kill DmC Dante swiftly.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
The answer is Godot
godot-sips.gif

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3

DMC4 Dante is unfair to compare with DmC Dante, if what he carried from DMC3 for gameplay purposes are his real skills it would be an overkill, faster than light; he could even fight with only Rebellion and E&I. Even DMC Dante with Sparda or any Devil Arm other than Force Edge would be an overkill.

Most characters on the original DMC universe seems to be very powerful because it's much more about fantasy than limiting things to create something more akin to the real world; i mean, look at that first phase of Mundus fight, what the **** he does with the things around? Or look at Dante running 90º towards the ground while fighting monsters at the same time, all things in the game try to be exaggerated and impressive because the universe of the game itself is full of impressive and overpowered things (not to level of some things like Dragon Ball or Superman). I don't think we can really compare things, i mean, it's like comparing someone from Yu Yu Hakusho universe with someone from Batman universe and story.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
DMC4 Dante is unfair to compare with DmC Dante, if what he carried from DMC3 for gameplay purposes are his real skills it would be an overkill, faster than light; he could even fight with only Rebellion and E&I. Even DMC Dante with Sparda or any Devil Arm other than Force Edge would be an overkill.

Most characters on the original DMC universe seems to be very powerful because it's much more about fantasy than limiting things to create something more akin to the real world; i mean, look at that first phase of Mundus fight, what the **** he does with the things around? Or look at Dante running 90º towards the ground while fighting monsters at the same time, all things in the game try to be exaggerated and impressive because the universe of the game itself is full of impressive and overpowered things (not to level of some things like Dragon Ball or Superman). I don't think we can really compare things, i mean, it's like comparing someone from Yu Yu Hakusho universe with someone from Batman universe and story.

the reason i brought it up was because i saw the TMNT turtles forever movie and the thought popped in my head. and who said you can't run down a building at a 90 degree angle?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
the reason i brought it up was because i saw the TMNT turtles forever movie and the thought popped in my head. and who said you can't run down a building at a 90 degree angle?

Because gravity, you would be at a state of free fall in this situation, and here on Earth being at this state pushs you towards the ground; and netforces like attriction would be pointless compared to the acceleration of gravity on someone's mass in this situation, if you don't believe me you could ask a friend of yours or yourself could give it a try. Obviously, DMC do not push itself too hard to look like reality and that's the whole point, but DmC have more of this, even the endurance of the nephilim are more akin to human beings and they try to explain the demon's powers relating them to Limbo and their real forms and et cetera, limiting them to have their human vessels on the human world.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Because gravity, you would be at a state of free fall in this situation, and here on Earth being at this state pushs you towards the ground; and netforces like attriction would be pointless compared to the acceleration of gravity on someone's mass in this situation, if you don't believe me you could ask a friend of yours or yourself could give it a try. Obviously, DMC do not push itself too hard to look like reality and that's the whole point, but DmC have more of this, even the endurance of the nephilim are more akin to human beings and they try to explain the demon's powers relating them to Limbo and their real forms and et cetera, limiting them to have their human vessels on the human world.

...i can still run down the side of a building...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
id go with dmc 3 dante as he has a bigger arsenal of weapons a full demon form he has royal guard and quicksilver which are advantages he has devil arms with ice wind and fire powers ie cerberus and agni nd rudra he also has nevan for lightning he has his doppleganger can teleport which is better than angel dodge his fire rate is faster and his demon form is extra armor too plus with nevan he can fly and beowulf gauntlets trump eryx fists

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
dmc3 dante seems a better swordsman and more agile and acrobatic combattant too plus experience he was demon hunting as tony redgrave for years before dmc3

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
As much as I love DmC Dante, I think DMC3 Dante would win. But not by his skill, but by luck, because since DmC Dante is Nephilim and DMC3 Dante is cambion, it would be a close one but DMC3 Dante would somehow come out on top.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
As much as I love DmC Dante, I think DMC3 Dante would win. But not by his skill, but by luck, because since DmC Dante is Nephilim and DMC3 Dante is cambion, it would be a close one but DMC3 Dante would somehow come out on top.

No, it's pure skill by DMC 3 Dante.

Top Bottom