• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WHO WANTS TO SETTLE IT IN SMASH?!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Chancey, I hate to go off-topic, but the WiiU really hasn't sold all that much. I honestly don't think anyone else does.

Rumors over in Nintendoland are crazy though... a new console that can play all of its older games? Wow. Ultra-backwards compatibility for the win.

Also, rumors of yet another console to be sold in... third world markets only (because they're trying to reach out to other demographics -- I'd buy it).

Back on-topic: If they used the Smash Bros mechanics to make a progressive-exploration (metroidvania) game, then I'd be all for it.

As it stands however, Smash Bros represents what the WiiU is: A stellar product, but capable of so much more (namely, a single-player exploration experience and level editor like in the new Mario game... which will hopefully be in the sequel).

There's also the matter of having a more engaging interconnecting storyline like in Kingdom Hearts [I didn't say "intellectually deeper," I said "more engaging" -- as in more "involved" for entertainment purposes as opposed to "intellectually stimulating] -- something like that would keep the fans riveted long after its release and would help with the wait for the sequel.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

If you're down for some smash. I'm ready.

As for the Wii U being a disappointing piece of Nintendo's greatest idea, yeah I agree. Nintendo is not doing anything to make me want to buy anything for this console. I want my ******* Mewtwo and my Roy alt.

What needs to be done is that they should be announcing characters for Smash or levels even. I know it just came out but just tell us that you're working on MORE.

I'm so sick of looking at this console and thinking "Do I wanna play Smash tonight?" I should be listing a huge amount of games, instead I'm NOT. I gave Bayonetta 2 a try and for a Wii U game it's great! For a game genre I'm experienced with it's ****! I gave Hyrule Warriors a go and it's like the best idea in the worst type of game. I'm seriously upset I can't get anywhere near Sengoku Basara's insanely addictive....OH that reminds me the MASTERSWORD stage has the best music I've heard from a Zelda game. I tried to play Mario Kart 8 with friends and we went right back to Smash almost instantly. No one was happy with me for suggesting that game. My poor Megaman got JUMPED for my mistake. 7 on 1? Really though? There's only so much PEW PEW PEW I can do to keep ONE guy off of me.

Oh and BACKWARDS compatibility? Who the f....WHO OWNED A WII!? Why would I return back to a Wii controller to play a fighting game!? What? Nostalgia? **** YOU NINTENDO! This is absolutely horrible! Why do I need batteries? Why do I need to buy a 20 dollar controller? What...I can't defend this purchase! I CAN'T! I...I...

So let me just say EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE WILL BE SAYING THIS ENTIRE YEAR.

"THE WII U HAS POTENTIAL."

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I play Smash a lot on my Wii U, but I have to change my username. I'll update when I do, though...then you all can feel the wrath of my sub-par Smash skills.
So let me just say EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE WILL BE SAYING THIS ENTIRE YEAR.

"THE WII U HAS POTENTIAL."
I've been planning on getting more games for my Wii U, but that can be said for my PS3, my Dreamcast, and my SNES as well. Recently, I've been buying a lot of consoles without getting a bunch of games for any of them.

Right now, Mario Kart, Bayo 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Resident Evil Revalations, and the new Star Fox.

I just need...you know...the monies. :grumpy:

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I play Smash a lot on my Wii U, but I have to change my username. I'll update when I do, though...then you all can feel the wrath of my sub-par Smash skills.

I just need...you know...the monies. :grumpy:
Sweet. I played with my fellow forum member and friend TwoXAcross last night for a couple of hours. I'd love to have more people join us. I'm currently smashing as we speak.

The Final Offer

samwell-in-the-butt-o.gif

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
what what
Dude, stop.

Anyway, back on topic. Um... I wish I could make my mii avatar look like myself but only with a certain demon hunter style... but also without looking like I copied anyone.

Uh... yep, close enough to the topic at hand. While I can't be awesome in real life (not easily, anyway), I can at least fight better and look cooler with a modifiable avi.

The Final Offer

Dude, stop.

Anyway, back on topic. Um... I wish I could make my mii avatar look like myself but only with a certain demon hunter style... but also without looking like I copied anyone.

Uh... yep, close enough to the topic at hand. While I can't be awesome in real life (not easily, anyway), I can at least fight better and look cooler with a modifiable avi.

Whatugonnado?

You ain't got Smash! Outsider!

Top Bottom