• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who wants more vergil?

Want the next DMC to be about vergil?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I wanna see the girl vergil screwed

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I dont understand, Why the hell would anyone want to play the same game over again instead of a whole new game. Plus, the HD version already has style switching and I dont understand what difference it would make with a minimal amount of change in gameplay.

Plus, the PS vita is quite unpopular and not owned by many. So sales would be very low. PSvita will be the worst option for capcom in terms of money and there will be another backlash against it by non vita owners

The style switching he's mentioning is that we see in DMC4, switching styles in the press of a button. They could even add some styles to Vergil's gameplay with style-switching, they could implement styles similar to Royalguard and Swordmaster, a "swordmaster" or "Dark Knight" (That names sounds good? I think it's a cool name) style that would increase the list of his offensive moves would be cool. A defensive style but different from royalguard that gives Vergil a follow-up counter with some impressive moves (taking some inspiration from Ninja Gaiden UT would be cool) if done in that perfect frame like a gold parry and followed up by another press in the style button or that can simply be used to stun the monster and cancel with the main attack button with a different light and cancelable follow-up, and defensive abilities that makes he counter some projectiles and absorb others to make DT runes or gives him an "instant" and fast Judgment Cut (similar to the auto-drive Dante have in DMC4, but as a counter ability) if you press the button again instead of leaving it. Make the Force Edge as a standalone weapon while keeping his dual-handling with the Yamato as a "different weapon" would be cool too, they could use some of Nelo Angelo's moveset and newer hard-hitting moves with the standalone Force Edge.

But, yeah, returning to the topic: it would be cool to see a game about Vergil, but i think that it's a must for a Devil May Cry game to have more than one character available to play at least in Bloody Palace or as Vergil is played in DMC3SE. It would be cool to see more of his story, they could give more hints about Sparda's fate too, i think the game still have potential to present us a cool meaning behind all the things Sparda did in his whole life as a human and as a demon.

Top Bottom