• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who wants more vergil?

Want the next DMC to be about vergil?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I wanna see the girl vergil screwed

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
How would you like it if DMC 5 was about how vergil escaped mundus at 8 years of age, learned Iaido, had sex to produce Nero and became obsessed with more power? I would really like it as it will be a means of connecting all the lose ends of DMC. I also want to see what happened a year before DMC3 when vergil and Dante last met.

The game could feature flashbacks of vergil's life while in the present he is stuck in some sort of dimension after being supposedly killed in DMC1. In the end he escapes and sets a cliffhanger for the next game

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
But we don't even know the3 official story yet. DMC1 says, "lost to evil," while DMC3 says, "Vergil was always around."

So, was Vergil lost to evil by running away? Or by being killed and brought back to life by Yamato? Because in DMC3 it looks like he never even met Mundus before the end of the game.

We need an official timeline here.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Why, Capcom will only screw it up even more... I say we get a restraining order put on Capcom to stay away from Vergil and messing him up even more.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i agree with vergils bitch they will screw it up somehow what they should do is have a spinoff game with vergil from the night his mother was killed up to the events of dmc1 and after showing if he reall died or not and as a special ending a clip to reveal the nero connection

Sunaka Marién

I was really tempted to vote 'no' because of that:
had sex to produce Nero
It just doesn't make sense. I don't even care that much for Vergil, but that'd be the last story I'd want for him.

Other than that I like your story frame, Vergil would really deserve some more story and character, he's still got a lot of potential, but I'd kinda prefer it to be a spin-off instead.
About that:
I also want to see what happened a year before DMC3 when vergil and Dante last met.
I'd say DMC3 manga, well, maybe not 100% of what was depicted there, since I've heard that it contradicts the games, but I'd say that's pretty much what happened.
Or by being killed and brought back to life by Yamato?
I'm... not quite sure anymore, but didn't something like that happen in the manga? Where Vergil was at being attacked by demons at some sorta cemetery? I never really got that scene, but now that you said it, it actually seems like the most logical thing to happen. And that could also have been the event when Vergil got so opsessed with power, because he realized that it is what he need to survive.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'd say DMC3 manga, well, maybe not 100% of what was depicted there, since I've heard that it contradicts the games, but I'd say that's pretty much what happened.

It doesn't contradicts the game....or none that I know of well outside Vergil's and Arkham's first encounter in the DMC3 SE intro cutscene for Vergil but since that came out much after DMC3 and the manga did it seemed that scene was lazily done by Capcom as they were too lazy to create a new model for Arkham and models for those ladies who came with Arkham and those opening scenes along with all of Vergil's campaign shouldn't be taken seriously

You should read it for yourself. You can find it on Mangafox.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Me I want 3 options for Vergil.

A. A DMC3 HD remake with a decent Vergil mode that covers a bit of what happened before DMC3 (going to Fortuna as mentioned in the DMC4 manga, hints to why he became power obsessed, him unlocking his Devil Trigger, meeting Arkham and Dante, and unlocking the seals in like 3-5 missions) cut to events of DMC3 and show the game from his perspective (Dante boss fights as well as one for Beowulf). Then end it up with him fighting Mundus......also a DMC3 remake where you can use all 4 (6) styles via style switching.......BEASTLY

B. A PS Vita exclusive about Vergil before the events of DMC3 and the manga (detailing how he was before he became power obsessed, how it happened, and info Nero's potential mom and Vergil's lover). It would be a Vergil only game.

C. DMC5 but as Nero as the lone protagonist with Dante out of the way they can put effort into fleshing out Nero's character more and through Nero learn more about Vergil's backstory and how it connects to him as Nero learns who is father is and his past that led to his birth and his father's corruption.

Sunaka Marién

It doesn't contradicts the game....or none that I know of well outside Vergil's and Arkham's first encounter in the DMC3 SE intro cutscene for Vergil but since that came out much after DMC3 and the manga did it seemed that scene was lazily done by Capcom as they were too lazy to create a new model for Arkham and models for those ladies who came with Arkham and those opening scenes along with all of Vergil's campaign shouldn't be taken seriously

You should read it for yourself. You can find it on Mangafox.
Ah well, I did read it, but I've seen a lot of people say there were contradicitons, even though I never really got what was so contradictionary, but I just though they might know something I don't... but thanks for telling me that it is on Mangafox, I really need to re-read it <3
Also, agree with you that Capcom's just been lazy with that intro cutscene :p

rocketvergil

Me I want 3 options for Vergil.

A. A DMC3 HD remake with a decent Vergil mode that covers a bit of what happened before DMC3 (going to Fortuna as mentioned in the DMC4 manga, hints to why he became power obsessed, him unlocking his Devil Trigger, meeting Arkham and Dante, and unlocking the seals in like 3-5 missions) cut to events of DMC3 and show the game from his perspective (Dante boss fights as well as one for Beowulf). Then end it up with him fighting Mundus......also a DMC3 remake where you can use all 4 (6) styles via style switching.......BEASTLY

B. A PS Vita exclusive about Vergil before the events of DMC3 and the manga (detailing how he was before he became power obsessed, how it happened, and info Nero's potential mom and Vergil's lover). It would be a Vergil only game.

C. DMC5 but as Nero as the lone protagonist with Dante out of the way they can put effort into fleshing out Nero's character more and through Nero learn more about Vergil's backstory and how it connects to him as Nero learns who is father is and his past that led to his birth and his father's corruption.

An HD remake of a game that has already been remade in HD doesnt make any sense

Exclusive??? Why so selfish bro?

Nero sucks and we already played as that piece of **** already

Sunaka Marién

An HD remake of a game that has already been remade in HD doesnt make any sense
But if they like REALLY remade it? Not only upscale the models and put it on a disc, but really re-bulid the whole thing, make some additions gameplay wise and add a REAL Vergil mode? I'd say it'd kinda make sense, but, well I could imagine it not selling too well.
I'd be totally up for it, though.

rocketvergil

I was really tempted to vote 'no' because of that:

It just doesn't make sense. I don't even care that much for Vergil, but that'd be the last story I'd want for him.

I'd really like to know upon whom he entrusted the job of bearing his child. Was she a lover? an ONS? A hooker ( please no )?

rocketvergil

But if they like REALLY remade it? Not only upscale the models and put it on a disc, but really re-bulid the whole thing, make some additions gameplay wise and add a REAL Vergil mode? I'd say it'd kinda make sense, but, well I could imagine it not selling too well.
Vergil mode wouldnt have been too much fun
It's the same setting with the same guards, the only new thing will be the cutscenes

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Have some faith in them. Im sure they can pull it off

I can't and I won't.

I'd really like to know upon whom he entrusted the job of bearing his child. Was she a lover? an ONS? A hooker ( please no )?

The last one apparently... (yes, that's why I don't trust them with Vergil). Just a common whore to spread the seed amongst.
Plus, Nero was conveniently abandoned as a child that is being lazy (Capcom: "yeah, we'll say he's abandoned then we can go for lunch")

Sunaka Marién

I just don't want Nero to be Vergil's son at all, the ages don't add up and I just can't imagine Vergil to have a kid. But that's just me.
IF Vergil really had a woman, hm, I guess she must have been a lover, a brave and compassionate woman... maybe even a little like Eva, helping him to cope with her loss.
Vergil mode wouldnt have been too much fun
It's the same setting with the same guards, the only new thing will be the cutscenes
No no, I was thinking more like, you know, same setting, yes, but not the same levels and not the same guards, like, really give him more or less his own game. Like, didn't they do that in DMC2 with Lucia? I haven't yet really played her disk (I know, I'm lazy) but from what it seems she had her very own, unique journey.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm sorry, but personally I think B is probably the best (and most affordable... for Crapcom, anyway) option.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

DMC3 is one of the most if not most revered game in the series.

A remake with instant style switching, improvements on the gameplay, a good Vergil mode, and improved gameplay mechanics for Vergil.....will sell like hot cakes.

Same way how a FF7 remake will sell.....maybe not as much as a FF7 remake.

rocketvergil

DMC3 is one of the most if not most revered game in the series.

A remake with instant style switching, improvements on the gameplay, a good Vergil mode, and improved gameplay mechanics for Vergil.....will sell like hot cakes.

Same way how a FF7 remake will sell.....maybe not as much as a FF7 remake.

I dont understand, Why the hell would anyone want to play the same game over again instead of a whole new game. Plus, the HD version already has style switching and I dont understand what difference it would make with a minimal amount of change in gameplay.

Plus, the PS vita is quite unpopular and not owned by many. So sales would be very low. PSvita will be the worst option for capcom in terms of money and there will be another backlash against it by non vita owners

Top Bottom