• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who wants a code for DMC3 on the Switch (Restrictions Apply)

berto

I Saw the Devil
So I got the trilogy on switch, physical for 1 and codes for 2 & 3, but it didn't let me redeem 3 because it's the same game as the US version and I already have a licence for it on my system. Well, I thought I could either claim it through the website or I could share it. Here's the catch. It's a Japanese copy so you have to create a Japanese account to claim the game. Those are free and easy to do. Also, I already claimed 2, so don't ask.

I only have 1, sorry, first response gets it. Don't PM me, just post here. I'll delete the thread when it is done.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok, so, does no one want it or are y'all too lazy to make a free Japanese account. Just to let you know there is no difference in this and the other regional versions of the game. It determines language based on your system settings but there really is only one version of the games.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I have an account in my own region in ireland

But if this is still available I will take the code with a massive thanks and Make a Japanese account to play it

But if not, it's all good

Ha

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Ok, so, does no one want it or are y'all too lazy to make a free Japanese account. Just to let you know there is no difference in this and the other regional versions of the game. It determines language based on your system settings but there really is only one version of the games.
I am too lazy to create a Japanese account, but yes... You're right. Switch is region-free.

I wanted the code, but realized I need to make a Japanese account. So, I deleted my post...

But if this is still available I will take the code with a massive thanks and Make a Japanese account to play it

Ha
@berto Give it to him/her (not sure...?)

berto

I Saw the Devil

It’s yours.
It’s very simple to make a Japanese account. All you need is a second email separate from the one you’re using for your main Nintendo account. Create a new user, follow the steps to set up the account and when it asks for the region or city select Tokyo. Done.
Anyway, I’ll pm you the code tomorrow.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It should be shocking to me that giving away a DMC game should be this hard in a DMC forum but I've seen people try to give the games away on every platform and no one wants a free copy. I'm just going to say, if any of you want to give me free games I am not going to say no.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It should be shocking to me that giving away a DMC game should be this hard in a DMC forum but I've seen people try to give the games away on every platform and no one wants a free copy.

To me, it's not shocking. After all, we're all DMC fans here, which means it's a pretty safe bet that we already have the games for the platforms we use (in fact, most of us have rebought the games over and over whenever new rereleases have come out).

And for the rest, maybe quite simply don't have a Switch nor plan to get one, like moi.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well I am grateful for the game , the minute I saw the thread I said to myself

If that's not gone, I'll take it for sure

Thanks again berto

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Foxtrot94 Well, it was to me. I own one copy of every DMC game and most every game that's featured the characters, still missing a few, but the point is I don't own them on every console or system. That's a lot of money. I'll tell you this, if someone offered me a free copy of the games on PC I wouldn't say now, namely because DMC game just don't go on sale on Steam.

@ef9dante_oSsshea Not at all. Enjoy.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh I am already, wish the ps4 and xbox versions had the style switching switch has

I have dmc hd collection on ps3, xbox 360 , xbox one ps4 and I have 4 9n xbox 360 and ps3

4 se on xbox one and ps4

But I only have dmc1 on switch

So I am a very happy man now, something to add to my growing handheld , retro and current console collection too

berto

I Saw the Devil
@ef9dante_oSsshea PS5. I am guessing that the whole thing, every game might get a PS5 release that includes this, a DMC5 SE and the rest of the series, possibly including DmC DE since why not, all optimized for the PS5 and they will make it so you have to buy the lot to get the two new 3 & 5 editions. From a business standpoint it'd be a sound decision because otherwise why buy the games again? The systems are backwards compatible and you're going to need a hook to sell them all because 5 and 3 are the only ones with any kind of marketable component for repurchase. 4SE had no physical release but that wouldn't be enough to sell it again thus 1, 2, 4SE and DmC will probably be sold in a set with the other 2 because they will not sell on their own if sold separately. Hard to tell if the popularity of 5 will be enough to propel a whole set.

Speaking of, how many games can fit on a BD? 50gbs. 3 discs at least. Better have a really kick ass cover.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@ef9dante_oSsshea PS5. I am guessing that the whole thing, every game might get a PS5 release that includes this, a DMC5 SE and the rest of the series, possibly including DmC DE since why not, all optimized for the PS5 and they will make it so you have to buy the lot to get the two new 3 & 5 editions. From a business standpoint it'd be a sound decision because otherwise why buy the games again? The systems are backwards compatible and you're going to need a hook to sell them all because 5 and 3 are the only ones with any kind of marketable component for repurchase. 4SE had no physical release but that wouldn't be enough to sell it again thus 1, 2, 4SE and DmC will probably be sold in a set with the other 2 because they will not sell on their own if sold separately. Hard to tell if the popularity of 5 will be enough to propel a whole set.

Speaking of, how many games can fit on a BD? 50gbs. 3 discs at least. Better have a really kick ass cover.
You're right with everything you said. However: Both PS5, and Xbox Series X are going to use Blu Ray. PS5's drive is the 4K UHD Blu-ray drive; PS5's Blu Ray disc already confirmed to have 100GB.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You're right with everything you said. However: Both PS5, and Xbox Series X are going to use Blu Ray. PS5's drive is the 4K UHD Blu-ray drive; PS5's Blu Ray disc already confirmed to have 100GB.
Well, 5 is,what, 40 gigs? The HD collection is 12+ on PS4, 4 and DmC are 20 each so 40+40+12, give or take is 95 gigs for the PS4 versions and rounding off. That's assuming that the games don't change size do to any alterations for optimization on the new system and I did assume 5 would have at least 10 gigs of extra content for a potential SE so with all that into account, if they decide to use a 4k BD they could put it all in one disk and slap a $60 price tag on it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd happily by a legacy like collection of all the games for ps5 and xbox series x

Especially if the new hardware allowed higher fps for 4 and 5

And potentially mod support

Top Bottom