• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who should have won? Dante or Vergil

Who should have won in a fight that wasn't fixed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I think we can all agree that we live in a world when, in fiction, the good guys always triumph. As regards to this, basing on skill, strength, weaponry and power who should have won most of the battles? Dante or Vergil?:\

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Personally, I would have preferred it if Vergil would have won. ;)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I'm inclined to agree with you guys. Something tells me though that there are still some purist Dante fanatics who won't take kindly to their patron saint being dismissed by us. Well not dismissed, mildly discredited would be a more fitting description.

Solidus

Rebellion
I didn't vote either of those poll options because they aren't the exact reasons I would put for one of them winning.

I say Dante is the rightful winner because he was doing the right thing, perhaps that has something to do with why he repeatedly sends Vergil packing in DMC3 and DMC1.

Though I like Vergil as much as anyone, I say that his quest to gain more power or whatever was perhaps a good end but his methods to get to that end were flawed. By that I mean he was willing to activate some evil tower out of the ground and unleash the gate to hell in order to get a bit of extra power.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Solidus;10603 said:
I didn't vote either of those poll options because they aren't the exact reasons I would put for one of them winning.

I say Dante is the rightful winner because he was doing the right thing, perhaps that has something to do with why he repeatedly sends Vergil packing in DMC3 and DMC1.

Though I like Vergil as much as anyone, I say that his quest to gain more power or whatever was perhaps a good end but his methods to get to that end were flawed. By that I mean he was willing to activate some evil tower out of the ground and unleash the gate to hell in order to get a bit of extra power.

Well like I said, I was putting it to who was stronger. Not having it fixed to justice always prevailing.
Also "a bit more power" doesn't quite cover it. I agree, he went about it the wrong way but, oh well. They wouldn't be rivals if it was possible to get that power by picking the daisies.

Devil Hunter

Demon hunter
Dante can whop his brother ass any day of the week if he wanted 2

Dante has started first in 3 games how is Vergil going 2 take the place of Dante?

Answer That

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Oh yeah, Dante dealt hom off in mission 7 DMC 3, and mission 4 of DMC.
He's not going to take Dante's place, they are fully equal.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Devil Hunter;10814 said:
Dante can whop his brother ass any day of the week if he wanted 2

Dante has started first in 3 games how is Vergil going 2 take the place of Dante?

Answer That

The way I see it in both games 1&3 Vergil had the opportunity to kill Dante first. Also if he has the same cocky attitude in any other DMCs I'm going to refrain from buying them, he was just a twat DMC3 nearly all the way through. Sorry to all purist Dante lovers but he was, I don't care if it's sacrelige, do you hear, I don't care.:mad:

Dark Elf

Dagger user
I just don't like when people think something like: Vergil will never replace Dante or Dante is in all ways better than Vergil...
Makes me angry

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Alastor12;10833 said:
I just don't like when people think something like: Vergil will never replace Dante or Dante is in all ways better than Vergil...
Makes me angry

I know, they're both as good as each other but in different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom