• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is more powerful: Sparda or Dante

Who is more powerful?

• Dante, by a longshot (explain in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sparda, by a slim margin (explain in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

What the title says. I can't believe this kind of thread is even necessary, but i'm making it to move the discussion from the Sparda game thread.

Vote. If you believe Dante is weaker, there's no need to substantiate it, as it is the de facto position of the series. If you believe Sparda is weaker than Dante, offer evidence or don't bother posting.

The terms of this poll are that Dante is using only his own power, i.e. Rebellion, and Sparda is at his power level before he sealed his power away, i.e. with the Sparda sword, fully awakened and kicking the ass of all of Hell, alone.

There will be arguing. If you don't want your position attacked, come prepared, and don't run away crying when people don't concede to your points.

Edit: If you think Dante will surpass Sparda's power in the future, choose based on how powerful he would be in the future, etc.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Thank you for making this thread dude.The other thread where this debate took place was getting to a totally different argument.Anyways,I gotta give this to Sparda.Without a power similar to Sparda,Dante couldn't have beaten Mundus.Actually Dante need both Sparda's and Trish's power to beat Mundus.Sparda beat Mundus with his own power.

moseslmpg

Alright, please vote. I'm partly interested in how many people believe Dante is stronger, and partly interest in the arguments for such a position.

My position is of course that Sparda is the strongest being in the known DMC universe that neither Dante nor Vergil will ever surpass him.

If no one has any objections, I will import some replies from the other thread so I can respond to them.

NeroAngelo

Dante.
Becuz I don't know Sparda, I heard something about him like " he saves humans blablabla" but I don't care. :lol:

Just joking... :)

But Dante is stronger than him. :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
They're equal in power, and my reasoning is simple.

There is NO f*cking way Sparda took on and killed EVERY DEMON in Hell. No way in Hell. (pun intended)

Dante's killed plenty of demons, and hell, he's killed gods with mere charged bullets. (referencing DMC2, not DMC1) They are most likely equal.

moseslmpg

NeroAngelo;264192 said:
Dante.
Becuz I don't know Sparda, I heard something about him like " he saves humans blablabla" but I don't care. :lol:

Just joking... :)

But Dante is stronger than him. :p
Why do you think that?
DreadnoughtDT;264193 said:
They're equal in power, and my reasoning is simple.

There is NO f*cking way Sparda took on and killed EVERY DEMON in Hell. No way in Hell. (pun intended)

Sparda's power is not contingent on him facing every single demon in Hell. The point was that he fought against Hell alone, while he was in Hell, surrounded by demons. That alone would seem to confirm that he is stronger than Dante.

Dante's killed plenty of demons, and hell, he's killed gods with mere charged bullets. (referencing DMC2, not DMC1) They are most likely equal.

Argosax is not a god. He wasn't even anywhere near as powerful as Mundus. Argosax was a pile of crap, literally.
OK, I appreciate your response, but you haven't given evidence. You have given only your reason why Sparda might not be as powerful as the legends say. But that isn't evidence that they are equal.

Evidence would be like: In this game, Dante does this, compared to when Sparda did this. Or in this game it says this.

Am I correct in assuming your argument is that, since the legend of Sparda is only a legend, it is probably untrue?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What I'm saying is that they've never given PROOF that Sparda is as powerful as they say. Where's your proof that Sparda fought all of those demons? I want to see picture/video proof, otherwise it's not fact.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Tell me, did you even take the time to read the sticky sitting at the top of this board? Versus threads are no longer allowed here, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom