• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who hates Sonic the Hedgehog in 3D?

Keaton

Premium
The new release is Project Needlemouse, which has now been Officially named as: Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. Its a new tale where Sonic is the one and only playable character, which goes back to Sonic's 2D roots. The game will have far more Story than previous Adventures, but remain true to the classic games.

As far as the 3D games go, I enjoyed them, for all their flaws they were still fun games - SA2:Battle had an awesome story with alot of varied gameplay, Sonic Heroes was somewhat gimmicky but still enjoyable and Sonic Unleashed is the best 3D adventure yet. While that doesn't say much, they're still fun -- while I wouldn't rank them in my top 5 games ever, I still treasure them, despite many many issues surrounding them. ^^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've got one problem with Sonic Unleashed... I'm stuck on a 'collect 100 rings' mission. (The one after the aquaduct level... or the aquaduct level... *confused*) I know its straight forward, but i keep missing out on 5 rings that are hidden somewhere.

I can always remember that i bought a gamecube because of the Sonic games (i wasn't allowed a Dreamcast when it came out... too expensive)
(When i say 'I' i mean 'MUM'. I had to go and get it.)

Justa note to Sega 'thanks for thinking of all Sonic fans (especially those without internet to download sonic 4)
I was being sarcastic btw

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Keaton;201168 said:
The new release is Project Needlemouse, which has now been Officially named as: Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. Its a new tale where Sonic is the one and only playable character, which goes back to Sonic's 2D roots. The game will have far more Story than previous Adventures, but remain true to the classic games.

As far as the 3D games go, I enjoyed them, for all their flaws they were still fun games - SA2:Battle had an awesome story with alot of varied gameplay, Sonic Heroes was somewhat gimmicky but still enjoyable and Sonic Unleashed is the best 3D adventure yet. While that doesn't say much, they're still fun -- while I wouldn't rank them in my top 5 games ever, I still treasure them, despite many many issues surrounding them. ^^

My thoughts,but i like SA2:b and the black knight more than Unleashe,but still all are favourites.[Sonic battle is pretty enjoyable too,though 2.5-3D].

@VB : Sega has been struck,unfortunately like Capcom,by the newest fanboy/girl/gaming idiot desease called "nostalgia".While I am not against it,and find it fun that once in a while,games that remind us of our gaming youth,probably for some of us our first games,I hate the fact that said people complain,rage and flame the companies,urging them to make these games top-priority for said series and possibly the games that will keep the series alive for a long while.Also above poeple strangely like them at first and then hate them with passion.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I like how they go out of their way to remind people that it is 2010..then tell them that they are desperately resorting to technology from 20 years ago

I am sorry but despite how Sonic Unleashed was recieved they deserve respect for at least trying to take advantage of current technology. I am glad it is download only, hopefully it won't cost the same as a proper game. Mario Bros wii is now being sold for MORE than Galaxy. Mario Bros wii should have been sold at half the full wii game price because its just a 2d platformer..more effort probably went into marble blast ultra.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I loved Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast! I haven't really played any 3D Sonic games since then. The original 2D games are still great after all this time and I play them occasionally. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Sega has in store for us "oldbies" who are eager to see a modern day 2D Sonic game with updated visuals. Shame it took Sega so long to finally start work on this! :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Too bad I can't get it... I'll just watch an LP of it on Youtube.

As for me, I have a Genesis and Sonic 1, 2, 3, and S&K. I also have Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 for Dreamcast, and I have Sonic Heroes for Gamecube. I really didn't like Heroes, but the final boss sure looked awesome! And he had a great song...

Top Bottom