• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who Already Went to Prom

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah I already came from my high school senior prom like a couple hours ago.

It was.....pretty good....at the same time pretty annoying/weird.

There was cocktail hours where there was mingling, pictures, and some well...food. Then after that......PARTY!!!

Thanks god they couldn't (and shouldn't) serve minors and teens alcohol.

There was a few......a few.....and I mean A FEW slow dancing moments and they were usually to Spanish music and uses of Spanish dances like Bachata and etc.

I killed it on the dance floor, my peers said....I thought I was a fish out of water flapping about like a retard.

But I did get a lot of dances with a lot of fine ladies (becuz ei gez errll za beetchiz) and pictures as well as compliments (ranging from handsome to sexy).

bitch-im-fabulous-1.jpg

The food was okay but the dessert......mmmmmmmmm.......

Funny I came there without a date and left with a new girlfriend.

Anyone else here has an interesting prom experience they would like to share?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
One of my early highschool proms...I think it was 3rd year of highschool, the teachers decided to show off their dancing skills to us and one lady teacher hit a pupil by accident when she was doing some kind of wild arm dace moves:lol:
At the same prom, the woodshop teacher was sharing his cigaretts with some of the guys...not sure if that was legal or not.

And one guy secretly brought alcohol, got drunk underage, then when the chocolate puddings came out, he got up from the dinner table and started running around, shouting 'CHOCOLATE PUDDING WOOHOO!' :lol:

And one guy did what is now called 'picture bombing' during the professional photo session for couples and friends. :p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I remember Prom. During all my years of high school though I only went to it once though. Every other time there was a prom or homecoming we kinda of threw just a big old house party instead.

But when I did go I remember taking my teacher's daughter. Can you believe we were actually spotted for a Limo? Rolled up to the school in style my friend. I remember having some fun though. Went eat at Copelands beforehand. Then danced for hours to music I didn't even like. Then actually going crash at my date's house that night. ;)

Sometimes I miss high school. Most of the time no because being a college kid rules. Maybe bittersweet at times. After graduation you realize how easy you had it back then. Glad you had fun. Those can be the times you remember forever.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
This I heard of from all places. What the hell is ''Prom'' Sorry that is Greek for me. Please explain.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This I heard of from all places. What the hell is ''Prom'' Sorry that is Greek for me. Please explain.
Prom is short for 'promenade'.
Promenade is an action that Victorian England people did. They walked around in their best clothes for people to see them.

A modern prom is similar. Young people wear their best clothes and have a party.

It's a celebration of completing a school year, being with friends and having fun.

A prom varies from school to school. Some have dances, firework watching, have a dinner together and some have all.

For example, my school always hired the local golf club for the event. We had a photographer to take pictures of friends or dating couples, a dinner that we sat down for, lots of dancing and then watching fireworks in the dark. When we were older, the prom also incuded an open bar for buying alcohol.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Prom is short for 'promenade'.
Promenade is an action that Victorian England people did. They walked around in their best clothes for people to see them.

A modern prom is similar. Young people wear their best clothes and have a party.

It's a celebration of completing a school year, being with friends and having fun.

A prom varies from school to school. Some have dances, firework watching, have a dinner together and some have all.

For example, my school always hired the local golf club for the event. We had a photographer to take pictures of friends or dating couples, a dinner that we sat down for, lots of dancing and then watching fireworks in the dark. When we were older, the prom also incuded an open bar for buying alcohol.

Why thank you! That explains it very much! I get it now! Good good! ^^

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Never went to any of my proms except for when I was leaving Juniors school. That was the point where I quickly learned that proms aren't for me. I would much rather skip the entire prom part and go straight in to just hanging out with friends that I actually appreciate the company of... And so I did just that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I remember Prom. During all my years of high school though I only went to it once though. Every other time there was a prom or homecoming we kinda of threw just a big old house party instead.

But when I did go I remember taking my teacher's daughter. Can you believe we were actually spotted for a Limo? Rolled up to the school in style my friend. I remember having some fun though. Went eat at Copelands beforehand. Then danced for hours to music I didn't even like. Then actually going crash at my date's house that night. ;)

Sometimes I miss high school. Most of the time no because being a college kid rules. Maybe bittersweet at times. After graduation you realize how easy you had it back then. Glad you had fun. Those can be the times you remember forever.

Ohhh...what is college like since I'll be going there in 4 months.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ohhh...what is college like since I'll be going there in 4 months.
It's ok and awesome. Sometimes rough but, it's that satisfying kind of toughness. I'm on break right now so I get to chillax for a while. Experiences may vary probably I'm guessing. I didn't have many people in my life giving me a helping hand so I was having to do a lot for myself. That was probably the toughest part for me. Just getting a little stable.

Do you have any plan? If you're going to a university, do you plan to reside on campus?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It's ok and awesome. Sometimes rough but, it's that satisfying kind of toughness. I'm on break right now so I get to chillax for a while. Experiences may vary probably I'm guessing. I didn't have many people in my life giving me a helping hand so I was having to do a lot for myself. That was probably the toughest part for me. Just getting a little stable.

Do you have any plan? If you're going to a university, do you plan to reside on campus?

Yeah I'm going to live on campus.

I do have a plan. Their called grants, loans, scholarships, and financial aid.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yeah I'm going to live on campus.

I do have a plan. Their called grants, loans, scholarships, and financial aid.
I actually don't live on campus because it's too expensive for me. I stay with my grandparents and it's working out so far. I can't complain. I get a roof over my head with free food. Their house is also pretty close to campus. I personally wouldn't actually want to live in a dorm anyway. Some of the people there can be total freaking retards. My friend says he regrets it and wishes he could have just got himself an apartment or something.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I actually don't live on campus because it's too expensive for me. I stay with my grandparents and it's working out so far. I can't complain. I get a roof over my head with free food. Their house is also pretty close to campus. I personally wouldn't actually want to live in a dorm anyway. Some of the people there can be total freaking retards. My friend says he regrets it and wishes he could have just got himself an apartment or something.

Interesting but I hope my roommate is at least tolerable. The school I'm going to seems to be mature thus far.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Interesting but I hope my roommate is at least tolerable. The school I'm going to seems to be mature thus far.
Sharing...ouch. I had my own room in the first year, and second....and so on. I don't think I could stand sharing a room.

Trust me, roomies can seem sensible, but you get them drunk and it becomes a nightmare. I had to wheel a friend home in a shopping cart....too drunk to walk. Then had to sit with them as the chucked up into the toilet.

I also had to deal with a friend who ordered semi-legal drugs and then freaked out because he thought spiders were eating him alive. This guy was usually very sensible.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Sharing...ouch. I had my own room in the first year, and second....and so on. I don't think I could stand sharing a room.

Trust me, roomies can seem sensible, but you get them drunk and it becomes a nightmare. I had to wheel a friend home in a shopping cart....too drunk to walk. Then had to sit with them as the chucked up into the toilet.

I also had to deal with a friend who ordered semi-legal drugs and then freaked out because he thought spiders were eating him alive. This guy was usually very sensible.

...................College should be fun.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
...................College should be fun.
You'll find your feet. Just jump in and have fun.
Also, remember that people you hang out with at freshers week might not be same people you spend the rest of college with. Everyone is new and wants to make friends quickly. Then you get to know people better...some you want to be with throughout college, others....not so much.

Also,beware sport club freshers night. I have seen horror stories from those. Bunch of guys had a puke-athon on each other; drank hot sauce, mayo and vinegar with beer. >_<

Top Bottom