• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which version of Dante do you prefer the most?

Which version of Dante do you prefer the most?

• Hideki Kamiya's version of Dante (DMC1)

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Hideaki Itsuno's version of Dante (DMC2-3-4)

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Tameem Antoniades's version of Dante (DmC)

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

m100t8s

Mine goes to Itsuno's because he was the craziest and the most unforgettable one.

Itsuno and his team sucked at designing Dante after Team Little Devil and Kamiya left Capcom, but they pulled it off and came up with DMC3 and DMC4's Dante afterall.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
DMC1 Dante for knowing when ****'s about to go down, and treating it as such

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
My favorite Dante is DMC1, because he can crack a joke, but is more mature than DMC3, although I admit thatDMC3 and 4 Dante can be funny as hell.
As for DmC Dante, he's the one I like least, because he is too serious and too angry (compared to the other Dantes). It's not a bad thing in itself, but if compared to the original Dante, well, original Dante wins in my personal rank. I like the fact that he reacted to his tragic past in a more lighthearted way.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This guy looks awesome, but...

l.jpg

... clothes don't make the man.

dante_DMC.jpg

How DmC Dante fights demons...

duke-nukem-forever-002.jpg

I like this costume best, though. I just wish his hair was black. It would complete the 'set'.

tumblr_mkfz7poTN41rj055fo1_500.png

I Make The Devils Cry

Well, I appeal to the sense of seriousness that Dante had in Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 2, but also the easy-go attitude which hid that seriousness in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening and Devil May Cry 4. Then you have the most recent incarnation, which appeals to me through a variety of methods. In the end, I enjoy all versions (yes that still includes Devil May Cry 2's version).

berto

I Saw the Devil
I also like the VJ version of Dante. He's got the right attitude in that game.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I had to go with all 3 options- sorry!>_< I really like DMC1 Dante because he started all the games and set the bar, but I also really like DMC3 Dante for how he acts and his style; and I really like DmC Dante because they attempted to expand on his character and make him more human

About DmC Dante being more human. I actually find it weird they make him more human,yet he is half angel,half-demon.
Actually,the idea itself of an angel falling in love with a demon is weird and quite...err...not so credible after all.

DMC 1 Dante because he was more mature,but stood true to his personality and he was a balance between humour,seriousness and badassery.
Also,DMC 3 Dante,because I find myself attached to him for soe reason,but in terms of personality I choose the DMC 1 Dante.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I'll go for Dante Kamiya (Some pun intended there!) the most due to his balanced personality 'cause he knows how to use which emotion well. He's my top Dante of all because he is quite under-loved. He his basically the archetype Dante. DMC3 and DMC4 Dantes were basically the epitome of anime cliche cool; I don't hate anime though as I love watching that media format! I just don't like it when some VG characters remind me of my fav anime characters...

Next comes in DMC3 Dante AKA Dante Itsuno (puns again!) because he is the only Classic Dante iteration that develops as a character not to mention pulling off those inhumane over-the-top moves. It is evident to what he said to Lady:
"Quite frankly at first, I didn't give a damn. But because of you, I know what's important now."
He reminded me of Inuyasha somewhat, in both appearance and attitude.

Dante Antonaides (DmC Dante; again with my puns!) really acted human which is symbolic due to his demon-angel hybrid heritage. At least he is better than DMC2 Dante! And has great character development on par with DMC3 Dante's. He is a mix of DMC Anime Dante (due to his potty mouth; besides, most people have unwashed potty mouths themselves, right?), DMC3 Dante (like DMC3 Dante wearing his coat in a stylish manner, DmC Dante dresses up as his trailer sinks), and mostly, DMC1 Dante (different emotions in different situations). I'm very glad he got his own all-natural silvery-white hair at the end after fighting Vergil.
He symbolizes the embodiment of non-conformists, individualists and anti-stereotypes - like me. :)
All those negative claims about him, to me, are quite repetitive to read/hear for the past three years and counting, even if they are 'legit'; I am so tired of reading and listening to these stuff over and over again! -_-

I really have mixed feelings towards DMC4 Dante. Since DMC4 took place after DMC1, I was confused why Dante acted like he did in DMC3; it was probably Capcom thinking what was best for the fans who loved DMC3, more so on its Special Edition. He was campy and didn't care much. I do like how he was played in DMC4 though, such as the Style switching (wish that was improved more though...). And boy he is so Shakespearean when he went toe-to-toe against Agnus!

I really dislike DMC2 Dante a lot for being mostly silent and keeping his cocky attitude less campy. Many people shouldn't forget that. And, to me, I don't think he is that good-looking... He looks old! It's understandable he has embraced Sparda's legacy at this point. What I really don't like about this Dante is flipping a stupid coin with heads on both sides.

So all-in-all, DMC1 Dante all the way for me! Don't worry, I too like DmC Dante.

I also like the VJ version of Dante. He's got the right attitude in that game.
Now, why wasn't that in the poll choices? Not to mention DMC Anime Dante.

About DmC Dante being more human. I actually find it weird they make him more human,yet he is half angel,half-demon.
Actually,the idea itself of an angel falling in love with a demon is weird and quite...err...not so credible after all.

DMC 1 Dante because he was more mature,but stood true to his personality and he was a balance between humour,seriousness and badassery.
Also,DMC 3 Dante,because I find myself attached to him for soe reason,but in terms of personality I choose the DMC 1 Dante.
It is symbolic for DmC Dante being human due to being a demon-angel hybrid.

Angel = lawfulness, order, harmony, good
Devil = lawlessness, chaos, discord, evil

Some humans do good; some do evil. We have to accept that fact. We're neither good nor evil; it all depends on perspective. "Everything is in a matter of perspective," says Phineas.

And the idea of an angel falling for a demon weird and not credible at all?
Sorry to go off-topic and break it to you, but DmC Dante's lineage also reminds me of Bayonetta's lineage for being half Umbra Witch and half Lumen Sage whose parents' love was also forbidden and inconceivable that her birth caused mass chaos between the two opposing forces. Rosa was imprisoned eternally, like DmC Sparda banished forever. Balder, however, turned evil and instigated the Witch Hunts as this was his plan all along. At least DmC Eva did what she could to protect her kids from Mundus.
So Bayonetta's existence carried a lot of weight of burden for her, as do NT Dante's and Vergil's existence.
I don't mean to argue here; just saying my thoughts on some of your thoughts.

But, I really do agree with you on choosing DMC1 Dante the most; that's who I chose too! See?

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I had to go with all 3 options- sorry!>_< I really like DMC1 Dante because he started all the games and set the bar, but I also really like DMC3 Dante for how he acts and his style; and I really like DmC Dante because they attempted to expand on his character and make him more human
Well, I challenged myself, unlike you, on choosing only one. So I chose DMC1 Dante. You should see my first post on it about why I chose that Dante iteration.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i really like dante in the DMC anime. but from the options in the poll i guess i have to go with DmC dante and Hideaki's version of dante.

Top Bottom