• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which game should i start with?

amoory

Hello everyone,,,

I recently finished DmC (the one released in 2013) and i enjoyed it. I also played devil may cry 3 when i was a lot younger, and never understood any dialog presented in it because of my English. I would like to revisit my childhood and play it all over again, but in great detail. I want the full experience.

My question is: If I only played dmc3 and dmc (2013), where should i begin? I noticed that there is an HD collection on steam with good reviews, and everyone is talking about how good the port is. I don't mind the fixed camera and the graphics, im all about the story and the gameplay. But is it worth the time? I have no idea where the timeline stops and how consistent it is, since the 2013 dmc had a totally different Dante and it was a remake. I'm assuming that u are all die hard fans and u can guide me :D
by the way, I have dmc 4 special edition that i can play using my buddy's steam account, is it the same as the normal dmc4? I don't want any extra stuff to the story, unless its skins and stuff. then its okay :D
I have never posted to a forum before.. getting some anxiety lol

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, chronology isn't the only way to go. Story isn't the most important thing in DMC but to a lot of people it does matter. Still, you can always go by way of release and see how the series' history went; experience it the way people did, with all the ups and downs.

amoory

Well, chronology isn't the only way to go. Story isn't the most important thing in DMC but to a lot of people it does matter. Still, you can always go by way of release and see how the series' history went; experience it the way people did, with all the ups and downs.
Yeah I thought about that, but I want the full experience since im so late,and I got time to kill anyways :D By the way, do u suggest any layout for the controllers besides the default ones? they seem kind of weird right now..

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If you're merely interested in the story then YouTube the cutscenes of DMC3 SE, DMC1, DMC4 SE, DMC2, and finally DmC Devil May Cry DE in that order. However if you want to play the games, pick up the HD DMC Collection (Xbox 360 version or PS4/Xbox One version. They are the same so it doesn't matter which you get) and play DMC1 through 3. Then play DMC4 SE and finally DmC Devil May Cry DE.

DMC1 is archaic, but simple, fun, and memorable. DMC2 is easy and boring, bit with great concepts. DMC3 SE is what defines "Devil May Cry" nowadays, although it's way of changing styles is cheap in my opinion. DMC4 SE is hella fun and easy to play, fun to master. (It's my favorite entry personally) DmC Devil May Cry DE is a fun way to past the time and has "rewarding" combo strings.

Also DMC the Anime exists for poops and giggles.

amoory

If you're merely interested in the story then YouTube the cutscenes of DMC3 SE, DMC1, DMC4 SE, DMC2, and finally DmC Devil May Cry DE in that order. However if you want to play the games, pick up the HD DMC Collection (Xbox 360 version or PS4/Xbox One version. They are the same so it doesn't matter which you get) and play DMC1 through 3. Then play DMC4 SE and finally DmC Devil May Cry DE.

DMC1 is archaic, but simple, fun, and memorable. DMC2 is easy and boring, bit with great concepts. DMC3 SE is what defines "Devil May Cry" nowadays, although it's way of changing styles is cheap in my opinion. DMC4 SE is hella fun and easy to play, fun to master. (It's my favorite entry personally) DmC Devil May Cry DE is a fun way to past the time and has "rewarding" combo strings.

Also DMC the Anime exists for poops and giggles.
woah.. why didn't i think of that? If i don't like the gameplay, ill just watch the cutscenes and play the other ones.

KatTheNephilim

Spirit Medium
It goes 3 1 4 2 But if you want my opinion I find 5 (The reboot) As more of a prequel to 3 If you don't read the manga it will act Like a explanation as to why Vergil is the main Enemy in the game

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The chronological order is 3, 1, 4, 2.

Get DmC Definitive Edition if you can.
^ This.

Don't even bother getting individual games - just go ahead and buy the DMC HD Collection for the console of your choice: PS4, Xbox One, PC.

DmC Definitive Edition is the more polished, more updated version of the original DmC: Devil May Cry.

And when you are looking for DMC4, get the Special Edition version. It's available for the console of your choice (Same as DMCDE).

Top Bottom