• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which .do you think is more shakespearean, DmC or DMC?

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Shakespearean? Nether. Just because DMC4 had more old english styled dialogue doesn't mean it's Shakespeare and just because DmC is better written doesn't mean it compares to the Shakespeare. There's more to a Shakespearean play than pretty language and and memorable characters; Shakespeare dove into the most basic of human desires, greed, lust, envy, wrath, love, hate and the extents to which someone will go to obtain that which they want most. DmC is a parody of modern culture with action, boobs, and Nosia.

fCA4a24r6Vg.jpg

DMC4 had one parody of Hamlet's to be or not to be soliloquy. That doesn't make the dialogue Shakespearean styled either.

m100t8s

I can't believe people took my thread as if I was hating on DmC :|. I was expecting posts from the original series fans and overall I just wanted to show you guys this funny clip from DMC4 Dante making a funny parody on shakespeare. I'm not trying to say that DmC doesn't look shakespearean or anything like that.

I'm starting to wonder if there's still any DMC fans here? Since this thread came.

m100t8s

^I really felt embarrassing after posting this thread and reading the posts . A LOT of people didn't understand the point of this. But whatever, This scene still cracks me up.

Top Bottom