• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Dante is it?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I recently re watched the series and I can't put my finger on which incarnation of Dante this is. There's the cocky but short tempered DMC3 Dante, the cocky but less over the top DMC1 Dante and then there's the unbeatable circus act of DMC4 Dante but this one while cocky just seems tired most of the time and doesn't resemble any Dante personality wise(I exceluded DMC2 Dante because its clear its not him based on how much he talks)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To me he's a mix of 1 and 2 because the series takes place after 1 and he is dealing with his brother's death. That causes him to go quiet and apathetic I guess (they should have done more with this ).

it's easier to see this Dante going towards how he was in 2 than in 4 which fits with the rumor of DMC4 taking place after than before 2 like we later found out.

Last edited:

Handsome Devil Sparda

I recently re watched the series and I can't put my finger on which incarnation of Dante this is. There's the cocky but short tempered DMC3 Dante, the cocky but less over the top DMC1 Dante and then there's the unbeatable circus act of DMC4 Dante but this one while cocky just seems tired most of the time and doesn't resemble any Dante personality wise(I exceluded DMC2 Dante because its clear its not him based on how much he talks)
He’s after 3,1 obviously since both Lady and Trish are in the series, also he’s before 2 then 4 then 5

Dr. Cheesesteak

I just started diving into the DMC universe this year. I'm experiencing it story order, so I have finished DMC3 and DMC1 and am now watching the anime. And I am loving it!

I have noticed that Dante is portrayed a bit different in the anime. More...grounded and less...hot-shot-like. He comes off more as a cool, calm, collected, and still CONFIDENT demon slayer in the anime, vs his more campy, arrogant personality but still w/ a heart of gold in DMC3/1.

But it's kind of nice seeing that others have noticed. Is this a common discussion point of the anime? Dante's personality?

Gloomozu

Well, it seems to me that in the anime he is from another universe. After all, nothing special was revealed to us there

Top Bottom