• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which arm do you prefer the devil bringer?

Which arm should DB be?

• Right arm(default).

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Left arm.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

aoshi

I always thought , why can't devil bringer be on the left arm? As most swordsman are right handed and right hand is comfortable for swaying swords.

I had a initial hiccup of using nero who sways sword with left-hand. I would think that right arm was to be used by demon while nero can add attacks with his left hand. Kinda like dopple ganger style. But we could have demon use its right arm and nero also use right arm. I mean combination of attacks can be in fore-hand and back-hand slashes in stead of different arms.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
aoshi;263772 said:
I always thought , why can't devil bringer be on the left arm? As most swordsman are right handed and right hand is comfortable for swaying swords.

Yeah thats what I would have said.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm a lefty and I use swords with my left hand quite comfortably. So the DB being on the right side would be fine.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Nero isn't a lefty though.He is either an ambidexterous[like me] or a right handed person.He wields red queen with his left because he feels uncoforatble with his right,since it's the Devil Bringer.If you look carefully at the cutscenes,he uses the Yamato like right handed people do.

Probably he used red queen with his right hand too before he got the DB.

I'm gonna go with ambidexterous since he handles things quite well with his left hand,but...I believe his hand of preference was the right.

BTW the way westerners wield their swords,isn't different at all from the way the eastern fighters[that includes japanese kendo-ists] wield their swords[This aplies to other weapons as well].The swordsman will grab the sword closer to the blade with his proficient hand,his right in this situation,like Dante,Vergil and as Nero showed with the Yamato and he was far more proficient with it than withe red queen.

So in the end,it really doesn't matter for Nero which of his hands would be the DB seeing that he can handle things well with both arms.

I believe it was also done to show both of his sides.He wields human weapons with his human
hand and demonic weapons with his devil
hand.And ironically,he handles and he is better with the demonic weapons.​

aka958

Don't trust people
For me it doesn't matter that much. Isn't Link in Legend of Zelda a lefty too?

Because most of the people are used to be right handed doesn't mean everyone should be in games too. To me, a little variation is good. Him being a lefty is just a personal trait.

Just out of curiosity, does it really matter? I'm not trying to come out offensive, if I am I'm sorry.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
aka958;263901 said:
For me it doesn't matter that much. Isn't Link in Legend of Zelda a lefty too?

Because most of the people are used to be right handed doesn't mean everyone should be in games too. To me, a little variation is good. Him being a lefty is just a personal trait.

Just out of curiosity, does it really matter? I'm not trying to come out offensive, if I am I'm sorry.

All of the Links up until the one from The Skyward Sword are lefty's.He is the first right-handed Link.

I really don't think it would matter that much,seeing that they made him proficient with both hands.But Nero for sure,isn't a lefty.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
It doesn't matter if Nero change his Devil Bringer to his left arm. Like Devil Bane said, Nero could be ambidextrous, or lefthanded. Seeing Nero wields the Yamato using his right hand (Devil Bringer) in cutscenes and during battle, we can assume that Nero is ambidextrous. I voted 'right arm'.

NOTE: During an interview with Reuben Langdon, Daniel Southworth, and Johnny Yong Bosch in a convention, Johnny Yong Bosch said that he himself is right handed, but wields the sword for Nero's motion capture left handed with difficulties. Seeing Nero wields the Red Queen left handed proficiently in the game, I thought that Johnny Yong Bosch is an ambidextrous.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Interesting find!Thanks CM!

Wonder what will hapen if both of his arms turn into DBs?Or if he finally unlocks a DT form and he is completelly human.Which hand will he wield the red queen with and the yamato with?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;264020 said:
^Interesting find!Thanks CM!

Wonder what will hapen if both of his arms turn into DBs?Or if he finally unlocks a DT form and he is completelly human.Which hand will he wield the red queen with and the yamato with?

No problem.^_^

I would rather have Nero has a new D.T. form with full demonic body, like Dante's and Vergil's D.T. forms, with both of his arms using Devil Bringer. Having Nero dual wields Red Queen with his left hand and Yamato with his right hand is gonna be awesome. :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Like Vergil with Yamato and Force Edge...oh...cr4p!Now that I think about it thought...his DT spirit is his own,not Vergil...and he wields the Yamato with his right too...nah...I'm overthinking things...this could never be a plot to reincarnate Vergil in such a lame way...*starts shivering at the thought...*

aoshi

After playing for a while, I got comfortable with nero swinging sword with left hand. Its comfortable if mixed with DB snatches in good combos.However i would have preferred DB in left arm as DB only snatches or busters and does not have much mechanics that nero would require his proficient right arm to use it. That would make angelo-busters and boss busters with left arm but don't think much would change.Also in demon form , snatches could have looked better with holster.

But still nero is better with red queen in left arm. It was jus a question of preferences.I don't see most have an issue with nero using sword on left arm.I found him a bit clumsy while swinging that big sword(Red queen). Dante does swing a big sword but is elegant but uses both arms.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aoshi;264030 said:
After playing for a while, I got comfortable with nero swinging sword with left hand. Its comfortable if mixed with DB snatches in good combos.However i would have preferred DB in left arm as DB only snatches or busters and does not have much mechanics that nero would require his proficient right arm to use it. That would make angelo-busters and boss busters with left arm but don't think much would change.Also in demon form , snatches could have looked better with holster.

But still nero is better with red queen in left arm. It was jus a question of preferences.I don't see most have an issue with nero using sword on left arm.I found him a bit clumsy while swinging that big sword(Red queen). Dante does swing a big sword but is elegant but uses both arms.

Perhaps because Nero uses one-handed fighting style. If you notice, Nero swing his Red Queen with only his left hand. And I guessed that Red Queen is a slightly heavier compared to Dante's Rebellion.

The only time he uses both hands for Red Queen is when he used Red Queen Combo B.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Nero's style is as you said : one handed.He is more clumsy and resorts to power unlike Dante who prefers style and technique.And it's not just that the Red QUeen is heavier than Rebelion it is also that Nero isn't as strong as Dante.

I find it proper that the DB is on his right hand as several of Nero's busters require trememndous strenght to pull off[His hollyness in the first stage comes in mind,when he grabs his physically and smashes him to the ground and starts punching him with tremendous force and the Dante scene,where he was punching him so hard,Dante was DT-ing every once in a while] and unless someones ambidexterous,he can posses such strenght only on his dominant arm.That's why I say that he is eitehr an ambi or right-handed...then again,maybe the DB gives a bit of extra strenght...like when he smashed the ground for the first time with both hands,only the DB managed to crack the ground.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chaos Master;264019 said:
NOTE: During an interview with Reuben Langdon, Daniel Southworth, and Johnny Yong Bosch in a convention, Johnny Yong Bosch said that he himself is right handed, but wields the sword for Nero's motion capture left handed with difficulties. Seeing Nero wields the Red Queen left handed proficiently in the game, I thought that Johnny Yong Bosch is an ambidextrous.

Now that you have said what I was thinking and so quoted you I have nothing more to add other than it really makes no difference to me which hand Nero uses.it in no way affects the way I play with my controller so I prefer the hand he uses when I mash a certain button in a certain situation ;)

aoshi

^ Nero's combos are easy since he uses only one weapon and combo combination follows only one button for red-queen unlike dante whose combos are with multiple weapons which are broken with moves that compliment each other. If dante was given a sword to be used in left hand and compliment another weapon with it - it would have definitely been difficult. In such cases , Execution of moves matter though it is only pressing of buttons.In short, Custom combos would be difficult if gamer is not comfortable with character executing combos.

It was hard to chain A&R combos with beowulff as dante exerts more pressure on beowulff but swings A&R easily.Both weapons only involve button combinations but since dante executes them differently for each weapon, gamer needs to get accustomed to way dante uses them.It was same with nero using sword on left arm.Since dante was conventional in using both arms, Most did not question it. But Nero is first character i play that swings sword with left arm and hence did not find it comfortable.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
I'm a left handed person but due to the fact that this world is right handed, I do most things right handed. I even saw a gaming controller for left handed people once, but due to the fact that i've spent about 12 years of my life using the "regular" controllers, the lefty just seemed a little awkward. Btw has anyone else ever seen a lefty controller, or am i the only person in the world? XD

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
HQQR - Solid;264928 said:
I'm a left handed person but due to the fact that this world is right handed, I do most things right handed. I even saw a gaming controller for left handed people once, but due to the fact that i've spent about 12 years of my life using the "regular" controllers, the lefty just seemed a little awkward. Btw has anyone else ever seen a lefty controller, or am i the only person in the world? XD

never seen one nor do i understand what the point of one is. with most game controllers both hands have to be used alot and there is an equal number of buttons on each side. switching the buttons doesn't seem like it would have much of a benefit.

Top Bottom