• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where he at?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm still a bit curious about something; Where did Sparda truely go? Did he die or dissapear? Because on DMC wiki, they say Sparda died, and from DMC1 and DMC3 not being "comepletely" canon with one another, I can't help but wonder.

Also, how would DMC be if Sparda was still around, and how would that, in turn, affect Dante and Vergil? Would Vergil still be an antagonist and would Dante still be his cocky self?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
He is officially dead. It's the first thing we hear on the DMC1 prologue.

We never learnt how he died or anything else though. But if he was still alive then Eva wouldn't have died and the twins' childhood would be a lot more normal.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I don't think they would have had a more normal childhood. They would have just had a mostly happy unusual childhood instead of a depressing one.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't think they would have had a more normal childhood. They would have just had a mostly happy unusual childhood instead of a depressing one.

Most adults cherish their childhood. Because it was better than their life "now". That's why I consider a "happy" childhood more normal than what actually happened.

lets rock baby

This is what dante is and always will be
like tony mentioned sparda is dead because we know that the rebellion/force edge was passed down to dante. If sparda was still alive they would of opened "father and sons devil slaying"

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
like tony mentioned sparda is dead because we know that the rebellion/force edge was passed down to dante. If sparda was still alive they would of opened "father and sons devil slaying"

LOL Like that "Stanford and Son" show? I just assumed Sparda dissapeared since that's what I kept hearing. Also, I think if Sparda was still alive, then Dante probably wouldn't be the main character anymore. He'd probably end up like Ichigo from Bleach; The main character but pales in comparison to the sheer bad-assness of the other stronger characters.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Not himself. Only his demonic power. If he died back then, 2000 years ago, then Dante and Vergil would probably not exist at all.

Ah, well then that makes sense cause I thought his kids were like 2000 years old...
Dang, I'm having one of those days...

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
He's dead, after sealing the Demon world, he has also seal his power => mortal=> die of old age( cuz by that point of time he was probably over 1000 or some sort)

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
He's dead, after sealing the Demon world, he has also seal his power => mortal=> die of old age( cuz by that point of time he was probably over 1000 or some sort)

seraphmaycry

u double posted also when did it say he sealed his power? even if he did i doubt he would still age normall also the dmc1 prelude thing does not auctually say he is dead yet it just says he fought demons UNTIL he died also teminigru was sealed 2000 years ago which does not make sense dante and vergils mom is not demon=could not live that long also their is dmc anime to think about their is that one episode that focuses on spardas disappearance remember that guy who waited 2000 years for spardas return? so sparda is still somewhere dunno where

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
u double posted also when did it say he sealed his power? even if he did i doubt he would still age normall also the dmc1 prelude thing does not auctually say he is dead yet it just says he fought demons UNTIL he died also teminigru was sealed 2000 years ago which does not make sense dante and vergils mom is not demon=could not live that long also their is dmc anime to think about their is that one episode that focuses on spardas disappearance remember that guy who waited 2000 years for spardas return? so sparda is still somewhere dunno where

1.The fact that Sparda is dead was established in the introdution to DMC. It very clearly said he fought (note that the word "fought" is in the past tense) the demons until his death. Not is fighting (present tense) or will fight (future tense). Fought (past tense) meaning he was fighting but now he is not because he is now dead.
2. The entire basis for the story of Devil May Cry 3 was that Sparda sealed his power inside Force Edge and left it behind when he sealed the Temen-ni-gru.
2. Sparda sealed the Temen-ni-gru and his power than around 2000 years later he met Eva and sometime in between then and his death he got her pregnant with Dante and Vergil.
3. Waiting for someone to return doesn't mean they are going to. It is just as easy to wait for someone after they die. If you don't know someone is dead you won't know they aren't coming back.

Top Bottom