• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where did it come from

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Do we know where the devil bringer came from? I looked in the information thread but I didnt see anything about where it came from.

maverick7

i think he was injured by a demon (which is the reason why he is wearing a cast at the beginning) and his arm slowly changes in its demonic form. i doubt he was born with the devil bringer.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
except Nero seems more than proficient with the Devil Bringer, indicating he knows about it, and how to use it. The cast was no doubt just to cover it up.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
i think he had it even when he was a child about 5 or maybe born with it you will never knw intil the game come out

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
maverick7;65169 said:
i think he was injured by a demon (which is the reason why he is wearing a cast at the beginning) and his arm slowly changes in its demonic form. i doubt he was born with the devil bringer.

i believe this aswell, it's seems likely for why he is wearing the cast, especially as it's the same arm.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I agree with Dante Redgrave, I believe the cast was a way to hide the Devil Bringer out of shame, rather than a real injury.

As for when he got it, I dont believe he's had it his entire life because I'm sure he's trying to hide it from Kyrie in one of the trailers.

Devil Razer

Drifter
^tha and the order would probably not let him in in the first place. They are there to fight deamons in the first place

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sorry im not trying to get a spoiler out of someone but I seem to vaguely remember when Nero was first introduced something saying it was given to him by someone. Like a weapon to help him I dont know where I got it from and it was ages ago when little about him was known.

I remember then I thought thats what Dante was talking about when he said "return it to me and ill let you go"

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well with the information we have now it's 75% sure to have spoken of Yamato as it's the only thing that the order could have stolen from Dante.

I hope by the way that they offer a REALLY good explanation as to how Yamato came back in the story.

maverick7

Dante Redgrave;65176 said:
except Nero seems more than proficient with the Devil Bringer, indicating he knows about it, and how to use it. The cast was no doubt just to cover it up.

that could also be a possibility. though i am still confused as to whether he was born with the arm, that a demon damaged Nero's arm as it slowly mutates, or the order did something like an experiment to him, but he did not know. these are all just guesses.

Zato-OW

King
The producer stated in an interview that the DB started as an infection on Nero's arm(im guessing a small spot)but as it grew bigger and bigger Nero had to wear a cast to hide it and he never took it off(cast)until Dante showed up.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Devil Razer;65203 said:
^tha and the order would probably not let him in in the first place. They are there to fight deamons in the first place

Ah, but I believe the Order were the ones who did it to him, one way or another. :p

maverick7

Zato-OW;65242 said:
The producer stated in an interview that the DB started as an infection on Nero's arm(im guessing a small spot)but as it grew bigger and bigger Nero had to wear a cast to hide it and he never took it off(cast)until Dante showed up.

what is your source?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It was said that Nero was not born with the Bringer, I remember that myself. However, nothing says the POWER wasn't already there when he was born, just that it wasn't like that until some time recently. Nero has enough control and skill with it at the beginning of the game to suggest...he's been practicing with it for a while now.

X_nick_X

Isn't the arm just part of the avatar though?
I'd say he was posessed by something.
*cough*vergil*cough*

Top Bottom