• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

When Seagulls Cry: Cremation of the Dead Witch (Experimental Fanfic)

Railazel

Is it ironic that there are churches for witches? I remember during those old witch hunts and trials, the last thing a witch would want is a church. They would usually find themselves dead inside so... maybe this is actually appropriate. A dead witch in a church, her coffin locked up so that no one in the world could ever her corpse. However, this isn't a proper burial. At least not for a witch. After all, witches are usually burned by the stake but she didn't do anything to deserve that of course. I shall simply light a match and watch as it overwhelms her coffin and finally puts her in her proper rest. This is the least I can do since the last guy did it half- heartedly. I want to promise her that now she can rest without any worry but, she's already dead and her corpse has been abused. I don't want to try and open the coffin to see. I'll be too disgusted if I was able to.

Now, to begin, I just need to remember how the story went... First game, first twilight: Six corpses were found in the garden shed. All of their faces were smashed up brutally. The garden shed was locked at the time of discovery. The only hints provided by the witch is: Body double tricks are non- existent due to the confirmation of the identities of the corpses. The hint provided by the detective was this: Illusions to Illusions. The corpse that cannot return to Earth returns to illusions. Again, a half- hearted answer but it makes for a good basis. But, first, I must remind myself of what the word "illusion" means in the mystery genre. There are either two types of illusions in mystery: of a crime and of a locked room. A murder can be either one or both of those two. Here we have an illusion of a crime. Either one or more of the corpses was still alive.

A small flame had started burning underneath the coffin. The cremation process had started. That's when her former servant Ronove had appeared.

"I sensed something was wrong with this place. Now I see what it is. Are you trying to burn the coffin?"

"Yeah, every witch has to burned right?"

"True, very true. But may I ask why?"

"You should already know."

"No, I actually don't."

"Because she's not fully gone til her body's non- existent. Until she's an open book if someone finds a way inside the coffin."

"I see... and you want to protect those secrets?"

"Yes."

"Then I shall leave that to you. For now, I must tend to the her that is still alive."

He leaves, vanishing into thin air as I continued the cremation. Now where was I? Oh yes, the second twilight...

Top Bottom