• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats your favorite boss fight and what is your least favorite boss fight in dmc1

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Favourite: Phantom.
Hated: Griffon. (Especially on Mission 12.)

Nightmare deserves a special mention however, never have I heard of a Boss who's able to pull you down to the Underworld with the only way out being through another previous Boss just to get back out and continue fighting the Boss you were fighting in the first place!

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Favourite: Mundus because he is the Emperor of the underworld and you were fighting the main cause that created DMC background! How can any other fight get better than that?
Least: Griffon. Found Annoying. As Dante stated, Flock off feather face, or you can stick around and find out the hard way! He sticked to the hard way and got his ass kicked!

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Favourite: Mundus because he is the Emperor of the underworld and you were fighting the main cause that created DMC background! How can any other fight get better than that?
Least: Griffon. Found Annoying. As Dante stated, Flock off feather face, or you can stick around and find out the hard way! He sticked to the hard way and got his ass kicked!
then impaled...aaaand electrocuted

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

my fav: has to be vergil last fight form dmc3 very annoying...but very cool
my least: death Scissors(cuz u have little room to fight and it takes forever to kill him) and nightmare...wow that very very very very very very very very.... annoying son of a b*tch!!!!ahhh i want to bang my head in the wall for just hearing his name...:D

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
my least: death Scissors(cuz u have little room to fight and it takes forever to kill him) and nightmare...wow that very very very very very very very very.... annoying son of a b*tch!!!!ahhh i want to bang my head in the wall for just hearing his name...:D
i hate those too, unlike the Sin Scissors/Scythe, i can't kill it with two shotgun blasts

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ The absolute worst time the game makes You face him (not necessarily fight him, but at least avoid if You choose to) is whenever You're on the left Shield room, getting the pair of Lances. The floor is moving, there are spikes coming out of the wall, You're either on Hard or DMD difficulty and to top it off, that Idiot is floating about the walls creating his little Boost panels on the floor.

Still killed him though, just to teach him a lesson.

Primordium

From shadow to shadow...
Favourite boss out of Devil May Cry would have to be Nelo Angelo as it seemed like the only balanced fight, as it was a very well done section of sword fighting, and the character just interests me overall, given who he really is.
The boss who I hated the most would definitely have to be the 3rd and final fight with Nightmare, because it was an absolute pain when he nearly died and then transformed and I found it nearly impossible to beat it. I wasted many a Red Orb to combat him.

8BitHero

Scrub
I just went through it again. I'd say Nelo was pretty ....OK. I hated Phantom though. Wasn't hard...just mindless to fight. TO be honest, all the bosses are pretty mindless.

Phantom (1) is my favorite
Griffin (2) is my least favorite, when griffin is defeated he'll try to kill you before getting away and this can be troublesome on the ship, since there's not alot of room move around in. On Hard and Dante Must Die he'll also discharge these pale thin bolts of lightning that follow you and go bright red inflicting heavy damage on you. It's hard to see them.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I'd say Nelo Angelo 3 was my favourite, simply on an intensity scale. I remember giving in and using holy waters on one of my first runs of the game because he went from hard to "Okay, no. You die now."

Least favourite would be any of the Griffon fights, mostly 3 and especially 2. If it's not the battle itself, it's just Griffon as a boss itself that just bores me with his "MIGHTY IS THE POWER OF MUNDUS! I LOVE YOU MASTER MUNDUS! PLEASE STOP KILLING ME MASTER MUNDUS!"

Even as a parody that was more interesting then Griffon was... and that's kinda sad.

Top Bottom