• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's up with the DMC Wiki?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I can only assume this is because DmC Dante obviously represents the reboot game and DMC 2 Dante’s design is considered one of his most popular.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
but i hate so much Donte :meh:

Let’s please understand that his name is still Dante. And it is a reboot game that does not take place in DMC’s timeline or Universe.

Think of it like comic book characters. They usually have different versions of themselves set in different Universes and even with different powers in those Universes.

DarkSlayerVergil

https://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_Wiki
On both sides of the web page there are Dantes from DMC 2 and DmC. Aren't they the most hated versions of Dante?
Ehhh Just cause majority fandom dislikes them doesn't mean they deserve to be on the front page any less

Let’s please understand that his name is still Dante. And it is a reboot game that does not take place in DMC’s timeline or Universe.

Think of it like comic book characters. They usually have different versions of themselves set in different Universes and even with different powers in those Universes.
This right here so much as well, once you look at New Dante as an else world character.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think they choose those ones more so for what they represent to Devil May Cry. DmC Dante is obviously representing the reboot (DmC) and DMC 2 Dante’s design is considered one of his more popular ones so that’s probably why they used that one. I know I’m reiterating what I said earlier, but I’d say it’s more so for those reasons rather than anything else.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess they never got around to changing it. Probably the wiki has low traffic.

I'm guessing when the game comes out, they might change it to suit DMCV.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I guess they never got around to changing it. Probably the wiki has low traffic.

I'm guessing when the game comes out, they might change it to suit DMCV.

That would probably be a good idea, just having the two most recent Devil May Cry games represented on there.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can understand new Dante since he represent the Reboot series, but I don't know about DMC2 Dante. He may have the most popular look but he's the least liked in terms of game and personality. I could understand DMC4 Dante or DMC5 Dante though.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It could have been due to DMC2 Dante having (until recently) been the last Dante in the chronology.

But I agree that it could do with a bit of an update.

Top Bottom