• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you do?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm in need of some opinions.
If someone (say he's 16-21 years of age) yelled unwarranted abuse at someone younger than them (say your little brother/sister/cousin) and you happened to catch them on video doing this, what would you do?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You mean catching them in the act of abusing?

Well, you didn't ask what the right thing to do would be, you asked what we would do. I'd step in, beat the abuser up a bit, and then take my little brother/sister/cousin home and tell my parents what happened, and later go to the Police.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hmm...I'd say it depends on a few factors. The age of the recipient of said verbal abuse, whether the victim is capable or not of standing up for themselves, the level of severity of the verbal abuse, etc.

In all likelihood though, even taking those parameters into consideration? I'd probably ream the person in question out for doing that. How much, for how long, and how severely are more determined by the above factors than anything.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hmm...I'd say it depends on a few factors. The age of the recipient of said verbal abuse, whether the victim is capable or not of standing up for themselves, the level of severity of the verbal abuse, etc.
Socially anxious/shy 6 year old boy.
He was basically yelled at from across the skateboard ramp, with the abuse starting with 'f you', and then a lot of taunting that he's a baby. It was quite nasty.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Socially anxious/shy 6 year old boy.
He was basically yelled at from across the skateboard ramp, with the abuse starting with 'f you', and then a lot of taunting that he's a baby. It was quite nasty.

They'd be getting it from both barrels then, and they'd be lucky to have a shred of dignity left after the fact.

(Did this happen to your son? :eek:)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
They'd be getting it from both barrels then, and they'd be lucky to have a shred of dignity left after the fact.

(Did this happen to your son? :eek:)
Yep. I'm debating whether to lodge a complaint of disorderly conduct to the police, or blackmail the little bastard into facing my son and apologising for acting like a twat. It took me a while to persuade my boy to go out and play on there with the other kids, and to have this happen to him makes my blood boil.
The worst of it is that it was happening right in front of me and I didn't notice.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yep. I'm debating whether to lodge a complaint of disorderly conduct to the police, or blackmail the little bastard into facing my son and apologising for acting like a twat. It took me a while to persuade my boy to go out and play on there with the other kids, and to have this happen to him makes my blood boil.
The worst of it is that it was happening right in front of me and I didn't notice.

I say go for the latter first, and if he doesn't comply, then take it to the police. Either way, he should be made accountable for his actions towards your son. It's absolutely sickening that someone that much older felt inclined to pick on a little boy like that. :/ Give 'em hell, DS.

Top Bottom