• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you do with dmc5?

IncarnatedDemon

I would do following:

Make Nero protaganist, why?
Nero fans , plus it would be create more chaos if we go backwards with a Vergil prequel or a Trish spin off.
I would keep Dante completely out of the story because by doing there will be one less character to account for in cutscenes which should help on resources (time and money).

I would ENSURE that Dante would be playable. And that his design and gameplay would be great.
So that Dante fans like myself can play as him.
I would keep the awesome enemy intros.
Focus will be on making great gameplay both for Nero and Dante and provide a decent story but not award winning about Nero's past.

So yeah that's just my rough plan for a dmc5.

P.S I would maybe do something with Kyrie.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd do a completely different character.

His name will be David. He'd be someone who doesn't really have a cocky attitude and is more so naiive to all the Devil hunting for the beginning. But as the game continues on, David begins to develop a confidence within himself while still carrying a bit of a serious attitude. Maybe a better way is to say he suffers from aspergers syndrome, which makes it difficult for him to interact with certain people and he doesn't really show much emotion unless the situation calls for it.

This video is a good example of what I'm going for in terms of his aspergers.

David would have dual pistols, and a magically enhanced sword of his own.

His other devil arms will vary however.

in looks, I actually had Castiel from Supernatural in mind.

Castiel_807.jpg

The only difference is that his hair is the same length as Desmond and it would be a darker grey color.
tumblr_meic8xJSiO1qfcqfdo1_r1_500.png

As for his clothes it would be the normal trench coat look like Castiel has but the tie would be red.

The story will be about David suddenly discovering this strange darker world that he's been sheltered out of since birth and he now realizes that demons are lurking. David then realizes that he himself is not human but in fact is a demon human hybrid that had his demonic aura sealed when he was born to avoid the demons and live a normal comfortable life. However, after coming in contact with a demon by chance and almost dying, David's true powers awaken and he summons his sword. He gets his pistols later from the same guy who made Dante's guns.

David also has a destiny to be the one to destroy a powerful demon said to rival Mundus himself: The powerful Goliath.

This all takes place years after DMC and is in a more modern time period.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
IncarnatedDemon, I don't wanna burst your happy rainbow bubble, but I'd actually want DmC2 to come so that the butthurt people with a mindset of "DmC b bettah than DMC, y not like it" would just shut-up and DMC would die for good as it was too anime.

So, on the question of this topic, I'd not make DMC 5 if somehow I got the power to make it by an unknown supernatural thing. I'd let DMC RIP,and I think Capcom should do the same as there's no point in going back after rebooting a series.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
set it after DMC2 continuing dantes story starting in hell and fighting your way out improve on tje combat from 4 add way more moves add stuff for the majin trigger and if people want nero then add a story for him through dlc and finish it with a cataclysmic battle that is insane.

IncarnatedDemon

IncarnatedDemon, I don't wanna burst your happy rainbow bubble, but I'd actually want DmC2 to come so that the butthurt people with a mindset of "DmC b bettah than DMC, y not like it" would just shut-up and DMC would die for good as it was too anime.

So, on the question of this topic, I'd not make DMC 5 if somehow I got the power to make it by an unknown supernatural thing. I'd let DMC RIP,and I think Capcom should do the same as there's no point in going back after rebooting a series.
thats fine . i feel the same sometimes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd do a completely different character.

His name will be David. He'd be someone who doesn't really have a cocky attitude and is more so naiive to all the Devil hunting for the beginning. But as the game continues on, David begins to develop a confidence within himself while still carrying a bit of a serious attitude. Maybe a better way is to say he suffers from aspergers syndrome, which makes it difficult for him to interact with certain people and he doesn't really show much emotion unless the situation calls for it.

This video is a good example of what I'm going for in terms of his aspergers.

David would have dual pistols, and a magically enhanced sword of his own.

His other devil arms will vary however.

in looks, I actually had Castiel from Supernatural in mind.

Castiel_807.jpg

The only difference is that his hair is the same length as Desmond and it would be a darker grey color.
tumblr_meic8xJSiO1qfcqfdo1_r1_500.png

As for his clothes it would be the normal trench coat look like Castiel has but the tie would be red.

The story will be about David suddenly discovering this strange darker world that he's been sheltered out of since birth and he now realizes that demons are lurking. David then realizes that he himself is not human but in fact is a demon human hybrid that had his demonic aura sealed when he was born to avoid the demons and live a normal comfortable life. However, after coming in contact with a demon by chance and almost dying, David's true powers awaken and he summons his sword. He gets his pistols later from the same guy who made Dante's guns.

David also has a destiny to be the one to destroy a powerful demon said to rival Mundus himself: The powerful Goliath.

This all takes place years after DMC and is in a more modern time period.

cool idea(go fanfic it please) but i would rather you give him a different fighting style than the two swords and a gun.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Ok, just to touch a character nobody seems to care:

I would like Lady to get a male companion, somebody who could get close to her, help her and care for her or even to have a life with. In fact, she is the character who is REALLY alone in all series.
Maybe her ancestry could be more useful than a simple" hey my grand-grand-grandma was a priestess, you know!".Some kind of powers, very much like Kat or even an alliance with a "good" demon who could make her more than a human.( since most fanbase think humans suck in DMC and in love and war everything is valid against your opponent, compromises are made.)
Less dependence on Dante, she could do the things on her way with less trouble than him and no more tsundere towards Dante: it's ridiculous. Every time japanese writers find out a woman is too independent or too strong, they her to have an emotional crush or unrequited love for some guy who, in most occasions, had done nothing to earn it.
No more gold digger: being a p*imp is not a funny thing at all and it is quite degrading.
I can't remember more and later I'll think about other characters.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ok, just to touch a character nobody seems to care:

I would like Lady to get a male companion, somebody who could get close to her, help her and care for her or even to have a life with. In fact, she is the character who is REALLY alone in all series.
Maybe her ancestry could be more useful than a simple" hey my grand-grand-grandma was a priestess, you know!".Some kind of powers, very much like Kat or even an alliance with a "good" demon who could make her more than a human.( since most fanbase think humans suck in DMC and in love and war everything is valid against your opponent, compromises are made.)
Less dependence on Dante, she could do the things on her way with less trouble than him and no more tsundere towards Dante: it's ridiculous. Every time japanese writers find out a woman is too independent or too strong, they her to have an emotional crush or unrequited love for some guy who, in most occasions, had done nothing to earn it.
No more gold digger: being a p*imp is not a funny thing at all and it is quite degrading.
I can't remember more and later I'll think about other characters.

I think developing her interactions with other hunters could be fun as we dont really know how hunters operate outside of Dante. Also she could know of magic and such by growing up in Arkham's household or she has other contacts who know of such tings.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Hmm. Personally, I'd rather let DmC died for good because even I played the game for so many times its still boring as hell and I don't feel the original DMC vibe in it. Not to mention, the graphics in DmC really makes me sick and annoying at the same time. Its like I'm playing another game with the inspiration of the original DMC. Frankly speaking, Capcom would be the highlight successful company of the year if they would make and release DMC5 on the first day itself. Obviously most gamers in the world would buy it! I bet!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
set it after DMC2 continuing dantes story starting in hell and fighting your way out improve on tje combat from 4 add way more moves add stuff for the majin trigger and if people want nero then add a story for him through dlc and finish it with a cataclysmic battle that is insane.
THIS! If DMC 5 doesn't take place after DMC 2 then capcom might as well title the next game "Devil may cry 5:Super milked edition"

And for the love of God If they're bringing back nero they better do something about his whiny personality.

Top Bottom