• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would you do with DMC5 if given a chance?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Basically if capcom gave you a chance to direct DMC5, what would you do and why?

only rule- no reboot

seraphmaycry

i would have a reunion of sparda,dante and nero then they get to go to heaven and kill fight angels who have become spoilt and corrupted by how easy everything is then they find and kill god because gods really useless.... nah im just kidding something with nero maybe more insight on his backstory but not prequel we can see if nero is vergils son and that stuff then nero could get some new weapons like dante does

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
A true sequel to DMC2. No prequel.

A Nero-only game with a story that centers around Nero or mostly Nero while Dante is doing God-knows-what-in-hell.

Reason why......I think Nero has the material to carry a game on his own if they greatly and I mean greatly improves his mechanics without having to resort to using any Dante gameplay mechanics if so make them different or to suit Nero's combat....make a Nero a unique yet equally if not better character to use.

Hire Grasshopper Manufacturer to co-develop the game along side Capcom Development Team 4 (that is the one that makes DMC games right?). Its possible they did work with Capcom to make killer7 and they did co-develop the game.

Have Suda and Shinji assist in the game's story using the classical, clever story telling elements of No More Heroes (Suda) & God Hand (Shinji) but mix them with DMC's story writers to create a perfect blend of stylish action (DMC), highly hilarious scenes and humor (Suda & God Hand), clever moments (Suda), interesting/creative plot/writing (Suda), heroic and fun adventures (DMC), deep emotional and moral conflicts (Suda), and unique characterization (Suda & Shinji).

As for gameplay, they (Grasshopper) must use the MT Framework engine and they're only assisting and is mainly ideas and character designs to a certain limit but should have wide freedom with the story, ideas, characters, and even the soundtrack (No More Heroes have a great soundtrack).

Here is how my DMC5 dream team functions:

Hideaki Itsuno (the experience, has the most experience with DMC & action titles, his team is the better development team....no offense Grasshopper, and the brain behind the core gameplay)
Goichi Suda (the creative mind, knows how to pack a game with a lot of content he can literally help format the DMC old method of content better, master at references and he can probably make a beast new costume for Nero and even pack them with a sh*t load of alternate costumes that is a huge reference to DMC, DmC, & other video game and even anime franchises....like say an alternate Ichigo costume....I mean if Lollipop Chainsaw has references to Kill Bill & High School of the Dead it'll be possible, plus he is mainly in charge of the story since he can tell a damn good and yet interesting story with very colorful and creative characters and character development with great symbolism......No More Heroes, plus Suda's games always have great 1 on 1 boss battles)
Shinji Mikami (in charge of the first DMC game he can share his experience with this game to take DMC5 back to its roots in a way, plus Vanquish giant boss fights could be a great addition to DMC5, and he made God Hand......DMC could use some ideas/inspiration from that game too)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
A continuation from DMC4 where Nero must find new meaning in his life after Kyrie's death, A new evil has sprouted in the world and is a human looking pale demon named Augus, and Dante, Lady, and Trish must go defeat it. However, this will also be where he loses most of the people he cared about. Basically Lady is killed by the Augus. This upsets Dante where he's not even cracking jokes as much and is just ****ed off for a while. Finally Trish calms him down and he is more calmer and can joke while still serious. Finally we get to the final battle where Nero and Dante fight the boss, but Nero is also killed in the process as Augus runs away. He takes one last breath and says "Finally...I can join her..." Then he dies. This makes Dante once again angry as he leaves Trish and goes running for Augus with blind rage. Finally he gets to the boss and fights him, but loses. As Augus is about to kill him, Trish interviens and is hit instead. Dante finally releases his full DT and goes H.A.M on Augus. Dante kills Augus and goes back to Trish. He bids a final farewell to her and she dies in her arms. We then skip to six years later where Dante's in his office and is called for a mission. His next destination; Vi Du Marie. Thus begins DMC2.

seraphmaycry

nice except maybe not the deaths being left only with the characters dante and lucia kinda makes a sequel hard

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
why? because prequels are lame and i dont want a reboot i want more games to be in series to

Yeah, but DMC has become so cluttered that it'll take more then one game to fix it all, plus there would be the issue of "We've made gameplay perfect, now how do we top perfection now?" Plus Dante's story is said and done with. DMC3 was the beginning, DMC1 was the middle, and DMC2 was the end. They could do one about Nero, or Vergil, hell even Sparda, but a game about Vergil would be a bit one sided with Vergil's swift killing, and Sparda's reputation of mystery would be tainted. Best bet is with a continuation with Nero but Y'know...

seraphmaycry

i guess those are good points the gameplay does have room for improvements such as more weapons at one time without being overpowered more styles camera control mode homing guns etc

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i guess those are good points the gameplay does have room for improvements such as more weapons at one time without being overpowered more styles camera control mode homing guns etc

I say Capcom should recycle Dante's old gameplay style for DMC1 & 2 remake (no not 2 separate games but 2 games in 1 disk) on the PS Vita to test it out for future DMC games.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Make it a prequel, which would more than probably **** people off...

Y'know, play as Dante when he's a teen, find out what really happened during his childhood and what caused him and Vergil to be who they are now...

seraphmaycry

Y'know, play as Dante when he's a teen, find out what really happened during his childhood and what caused him and Vergil to be who they are now...

u mean vicious murdering homicidal maniacs with two many swords

ThanatosPL

My thoughts:
1. Nero is main character but no the only one. He is now much older etc.
2. After events of DMC2 Dante was never seen again.
Now, there is something bad starting to happened. Nero is going to invastigate it. Then Vergils appears and explain Neros origin (some mission in past ? ). Ofc later Dante join to them and they fight with devils. Ofc. its very very very general description but something like this. I would just like to see this three guys together :D

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i would have had a follow up arc about nero. following the route that he is Vergils son. so his powers are malicious and nero is struggling to come to terms with his new abilities as while he accepts that he is a demon he is having a harder time adjusting to it. his powers are also driving him into a frenzy when he uses the devil trigger as he becomes overwhelmed with a hunger for power. all this while he is trying to discover why he has these powers. when he discovers that dante kills his father he has difficulty processing it. but accepts his father in the end.

at the same time the overall story is about sparda. there are rumors on his reappearance. nero is drawn to find out about his powers and dante to see if it is truely his father. it seems to be the genuine article, sparda confronts dante and tells him how he has given up on humanity after Eva died and has decided to destroy it to create a shining new world. the two fight and sparda wins (bearly) and then nero comes in and sparda drives neros power lust into a frenzy.

after many levels of bad assery and interesting plot. it is reveled that sparda is under the control of a dark cult who summoned spardas powers and manifested it into a physical form. sparda is but a shadow of the real one but with all the power of the original.we get a kick ass scene where nero and dante work together to take down sparda calling back to the fight in DMC3 . at the end sparda talks to dante about how proud he is of him and how sorry he failed as a father. dante forgives him and spardas image fades.

cut to later dante has a gift for nero. ebony and ivory. dante wants nero to continue the family tradition. nero opens his own shop with kyrie and hilarity ensues.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

Playing as a teenage Dante wouldn't really tell us anything, since his mother and Vergil were lost when he was eight. You know the story, right? Demons killed Eva, and Vergil was enslaved, becoming Nero Angelo.
So... what else is there to tell?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'll make an Origins Story which takes place in the Victorian era and where sparda has mission in both Earth/hell i'll make the game free roam with lots of Corrupted human/Demonic enemies to fight with also i'll also add more co-op stlyed gameplay where you can fight with your demon/human friends

Sure you can say that this is a BIG risk but it could be nice to see an entirely different game

*Cough* isn't DMC3 a prequel ? and isn't dante in his teens he's like 17 and vergil is like 18 or somethin ?

i don't see why people want to know moar and moar about their pasts its pretty simple

Mundus's demon's brutalized Dante/vergil's family/locality and they survived and lived on their own and they both dislike each other because of the ways they've chosen they're entirely different see simple what's more to know ?

you can also read the DMC manga takes place year or two before DMC3

kryptoknight

Personally I'd like to see Sparda's story. It has everything a good story needs. Action, conlfict, romance, character developement. It would start after DMC2, you'd play the first mission as Dante. Your goal would be to fight your way into an ancient library where Sparda's journal is supposedly held. After a tutorial boss battle with a false one, a mirage of Eva would appear. "Dante my son, what you wish to know about your father?'' She'd say. after a pause Dante would narrow his eyes and say "Tell me everything." And the story would go from there.

Top Bottom