• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would be the worst plot twist in DMC for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
I just thought of this out of nowhere....this is what comes from bordedom.:D
So anyways,I just wan't to know everyone's opinion on what would be the worst plot twist that might happen in the future of DMC.For me,it would either be Mundus and Sparda being brothers or Nero being Vergil's son.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante in DMC2 turns out to be Vergil in disguise, or Dante remains in Hell for the vast majority of DMC5, assuming it comes after 2.

And the biggest one is, if Nero has anything to do with Vergil. (IE being possessed or being his son, because if he's possessed you wouldn't be able to play as him, and him being Vergil's son is just ridiculous)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;265806 said:
And the biggest one is, if Nero has anything to do with Vergil. (IE being possessed or being his son, because if he's possessed you wouldn't be able to play as him, and him being Vergil's son is just ridiculous)

Yeah pretty much that.
With each game and each new telling of the Sparda story I start to wonder more and more if they are going to make a plot twist that says that Sparda was infact a half breed like Dante and Vergil. And he passed on his full demonic powers to the both of them explaining the human form, the fact that he could love, how a demon is able to impregnate a human woman and how Dante is able to conjure up as much/more power than his father.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
There are so many!
- Nero being Vergil's son
- Nero being Sparda with amnesia :)wacko:)
- Sparda having a daughter (PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!)
- Dante getting married (Unless it's to a mop, HELL NO! o_O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
- Sparda waking up at the end of the game and thinking 'that was one hell of a dream!'...worst plot device ever! It'll be like Lost. Epic failure! Because they can't answer all the questions or explain all the WTF moments that keep us looking forward to the next game, they'll just make it off as 'it wasn't real'.

-

moseslmpg

Chloe_Ryder;265828 said:
- Sparda waking up at the end of the game and thinking 'that was one hell of a dream!'...worst plot device ever! It'll be like Lost. Epic failure! Because they can't answer all the questions or explain all the WTF moments that keep us looking forward to the next game, they'll just make it off as 'it wasn't real'.
Uh, except everything that happened in Lost really did happen. There was no epic fail.

Anyway, I'd say the Nero thing but that definitely isn't the worst. It would be something like Nero is Sparda after he went back in time to the future to be the son of his father who is his son (Vergil). Something convoluted and unnecessary like that.

Chloe_Ryder;265828 said:
- Sparda waking up at the end of the game and thinking 'that was one hell of a dream!'...worst plot device ever!

Where that idea came from THAT IS worst thing I've ever heard >_<

-Vergils dead ( it shows lack of wild imagination :sleep:
-Neros going to keep Yamato forever.
-Dante try to destory the human world.
-kyrie will be alive until the end of series.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Lets not turn this into an arguement ppl.

The worst thing EVER for me is that Nero is Vergil's son.
And pretty much what Darth Angelo said

moseslmpg

Worst thing ever? Wouldn't it be worse if Vergil turned out to be an amnesiac Eva who was cross dressing? Nero is bad, don't get me wrong, but it could be much, much worse.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
thats just stupid.
(its threads and answers like these that make me wonder why the heck i'm still around.)

How can it be worse?

Oh, Vergil alive... that's a stupid twist too. Especially when its been confirmed that he is dead

moseslmpg

That is stupid, that's my point. As random as Nero is, as far a plot twists go, he is not really that bad. He can easily be rationalized away and he does fit into the DMC universe, apparently.

2 more: Sparda still being alive, and Sparda being nothing like he was in the legends. Those would undermine the entire plot of the series.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Sparda could be a drunk, pizza obsessed strawberry sundae guzzler just like Dante. Now that would be a turn up for the books

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;265842 said:
Uh, except everything that happened in Lost really did happen. There was no epic fail.

No it didn't o_O I thought they realize at the end that 'oh, we're all dead! So we DID die in that plane crash after all!' So none of what happened from the start to the series to the end was real. It's all limbo...or something stupid like that. Stupidity FTW!

More bad plot twists:
- Nelo Angelo comes back instead of Vergil
- Sparda reconciling with Mundus
- Sparda being nothing like the legends depict (I'm repeating this one for emphasis - DON'T DO IT CAPCOM!)
- Sparda being like Baldur/Balder...I still don't know how to spell his name right... and being brought into the game as the antagonist.
- Sparda having an identical twin brother (lack much imagination, no?) and twin brother being Mundus.

Eien

Shotgun
Sparda showing up.
Capcom has proven they do not select great writers. There isn't a way for them to successfully mesh the legend with an on screen appearance.

Nero really being some convoluted plot bunny that was never really thought out or explained.
I sincerely hope he was well written and has good back story they already wrote so that it makes sense when they let the rest of us in on it.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Dunno if it counts as a plot twist. But the game-ender for me would be if that charming over-the-shoulder wave is the last we see of Dante because he hands the reins over to Nero. ;/ Not a whole lot could devastate me more than that. ._.

Although Dante getting hitched like Chloe said would come pretty close. But that's likely cause I don't see a match I like outta the ladies Capcom has sent his way, and likely won't ever really unless some of the female personality types from RE leak over into DMC. Lady had such potential too.

Oho there's a plot twist for ya tho: Lady ends up being Nero's mom. XD

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black

Nero being Vergil's son
Vergil coming back (in a stupid or random way)
Dante gets stuck in Hell
Trish turns evil (not again:()
Anyone from DMC2 coming back (except Lucia, she's alright)
Some retarded Devil May Cry/Resident Evil crossover (for the love of god, DON'T F***** DO IT!!)
Capcom :D

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
-Dante really being a lamb that was affected by Sparda's amazing magic powers
-Bayonetta being Sparda's neice
-Vergil as a figment of Dante's imagination
-Nero killing Kyrie because she slept with Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom