• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What to Buy?

CloudStryker

Surviving
I'm undecided at the moment about what Xbox 360 game I should buy.
At the moment I've narrowed it down to two choices:

1) Red Dead Redemption
2) Ressonance of Fate

Can anyone offer any advice?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
CloudStryker;236758 said:
I'm undecided at the moment about what Xbox 360 game I should buy.
At the moment I've narrowed it down to two choices:

1) Red Dead Redemption
2) Ressonance of Fate

Can anyone offer any advice?

If you have the money, I highly suggest that you should buy both, since both are great games. If you need the pros and cons of each game, I try list out the most common ones:

Red Dead Redemption

Pros - A better game than GTA4.
- Awesome gunplay in old West.
- Awesome soundtrack.
- High quality voice acting, with authentic accents.
- Replay value is high.
- Superb graphics.
- Great gameplay. Horse riding, gunfight, animal hunting, mini games, and etc are well balanced.
- Balanced difficulty, make all players accessible.
- An equal rival for Assassin's Creed II in the genre of sandbox adventure.

Cons - Glitches and bugs are common in this game, but will not impede your game progress or your fun playing.

Resonance of Fate

Pros - Awesome gunplay, mixed within RPG effectively.
- Stylish gunplay moves by the main characters make John Woo films look bad movies.
- Beautiful graphics, better than Star Ocean: The Last Hope.
- Excellent voice acting, with one of the main characters voiced by Nolan North, who is known as Nathan Drake from Uncharted games and Desmond Miles from Assassin's Creed games. It is noted to be an improved voice acting quality compared to Star Ocean: The Last Hope.
- Challenging bosses and enemies.
- Lengthy game.
- Beautiful soundtrack.

Cons - Environments are not as interesting as the game's character graphics.
- Super hard difficulty from the start. Needs to grind leveling to tackle even the first few bosses. Even harder than Star Ocean games, in my opinion.
- You will not get a tutorial during the start of the game. Instead, you need to find a place that has tutorials for everything in this game, including how to use items and how to destroy your enemy's body parts.

If you want a challenging game, get Resonance of Fate. If you want a balanced game, get Red Dead Redemption.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Red Dead Redemption is the most engaging game ive played for some time, fantastic title with lots to do. Story is superb, voice acting is great and im enjoying it much more than i have any game for a while. Nice in depth comment Chaos Master. ^_^

CloudStryker

Surviving
Thanks Chaos Master, very good points for both.
So far i'm going with...Aw hell I'm still undecided.
The only problem is that both games are out of stock where I live, which sucks cause I don't have a credit card to order them on-line.

Top Bottom