• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What the hell just happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka958

Don't trust people
I faced that blue serpent Jokgul-whatever and I was about to die. I rushed in for a strike when she did some breath against my character, in reflex I DT'd hoping it would nullify the damage but instead Dante "died". With "died" I mean he transformed into some kind of super devil and made a total waste out of that serpent.

:O <--- My face when it happened.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That would be called the Desperation Devil Trigger. When your health is in the red status and you DT, Dante turns into a super devil and lays waste to whatever is in his path. He has unique combos and attacks as well.

For the record, the boss you were fighting was named Jokatgulm.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
aka958;286618 said:
I faced that blue serpent Jokgul-whatever and I was about to die. I rushed in for a strike when she did some breath against my character, in reflex I DT'd hoping it would nullify the damage but instead Dante "died". With "died" I mean he transformed into some kind of super devil and made a total waste out of that serpent.

:O <--- My face when it happened.

That`s the Majin Form DT.

It`s supposed to be the part in Dante`s soul of the power of Sparda

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;286635 said:
That would be called the Desperation Devil Trigger. When your health is in the red status and you DT, Dante turns into a super devil and lays waste to whatever is in his path. He has unique combos and attacks as well.

For the record, the boss you were fighting was named Jokatgulm.

The crazy demon;286643 said:
That`s the Majin Form DT.

It`s supposed to be the part in Dante`s soul of the power of Sparda

Did the game just get incredibly easy or does it want me to just fly through everything without any problems?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
aka958;286683 said:
Did the game just get incredibly easy or does it want me to just fly through everything without any problems?

I don`t really know :p

Now what do i know is that this game as a crazy amount of hidden movement`s that`s the special of this DMC :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You can't even do it as Lucia. Trust me, I've tried. Lucia's DT has an awesome design anyway, though. Better than any of Dante's DTs that I've seen. Cept Dreadnought.

aka958

Don't trust people
D.E.Mortal;287373 said:
to sum it all up...NO
just try to pull that on DMD or LMD mode...painful results...

You shouldn't just lower your health on purpose. The fact that it is there when you do get low health is kind of unfair. I like it when I get my ass kicked. XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;287435 said:
You shouldn't just lower your health on purpose. The fact that it is there when you do get low health is kind of unfair. I like it when I get my ass kicked. XD

Lucia Must Die will be perfect for you, then. She has no Desperation Devil Trigger.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Storm Silves;287466 said:
Lucia Must Die will be perfect for you, then. She has no Desperation Devil Trigger.

oh yeah...:O

aka958;287435 said:

true, it usually winds up with you dying a lot more than you should

ps. o_O

oh yeah, luv the Tidus vid ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
A lot of games have similar rage modes for the main character. Games that I've barely played, so I couldn't for the life of me tell you what they are. >_< But you know, you don't need to use it just because it's there.

aka958

Don't trust people
D.E.Mortal;287500 said:
true, it usually winds up with you dying a lot more than you should

ps. o_O

oh yeah, luv the Tidus vid ^_^

F YEAH! Thanks. :cool:

Storm Silves;287693 said:
A lot of games have similar rage modes for the main character. Games that I've barely played, so I couldn't for the life of me tell you what they are. >_< But you know, you don't need to use it just because it's there.

Yeah I know. :\
It's like the continue option in FFXIII, you don't have to use it because it's there, but I know many who use it even though they don't like it. :p

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
aka958;287783 said:
It's like the continue option in FFXIII, you don't have to use it because it's there, but I know many who use it even though they don't like it. :p

haven't played it yet, waitin for Versus XIII though...just heard about Agito XIII

aka958

Don't trust people
D.E.Mortal;289680 said:
idk...u brought it up though... :p

I brought it up as a reference to this topic, making a connection to an option in FFXIII to the desperation trigger in DMC2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom