• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Should Capcom do Next With DMC

berto

I Saw the Devil
The issues go beyond that.

DMC1 and 3 have audio synchronization issues. Even Masami Ueda, one of the composers for DMC1 said the audio was not right. People have sent in complains about the sound and music synchronization issues for DMC3 and Capcom has responded saying that they are working on it. That was months ago.

The menues are all square in DMC1 and 2 retaining the 3:4 aspect ration rather than been reconstructed for a 16:9. For some reason the health bar pops up when switching weapons in DMC1 and the bottom black bar for the cutscenes in DMC2 doesn't go all the way to the bottom so you can see a line of footage at the very bottom of your screen.

DMC1 also went through a color filter that changed the colors and lighting on the game on many spots. They also made the game easier on normal and hard modes. I don't know if it was intentional or not but I preffer they'd leave everything alone.

(Widescreen support means that it was compatible with a widescreen television. Many PS2 titles had this feature near the end of the PS2's life cycle)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The issues go beyond that.

DMC1 and 3 have audio synchronization issues. Even Masami Ueda, one of the composers for DMC1 said the audio was not right. People have sent in complains about the sound and music synchronization issues for DMC3 and Capcom has responded saying that they are working on it. That was months ago.

The menues are all square in DMC1 and 2 retaining the 3:4 aspect ration rather than been reconstructed for a 16:9. For some reason the health bar pops up when switching weapons in DMC1 and the bottom black bar for the cutscenes in DMC2 doesn't go all the way to the bottom so you can see a line of footage at the very bottom of your screen.

DMC1 also went through a color filter that changed the colors and lighting on the game on many spots. They also made the game easier on normal and hard modes. I don't know if it was intentional or not but I preffer they'd leave everything alone.

(Widescreen support means that it was compatible with a widescreen television. Many PS2 titles had this feature near the end of the PS2's life cycle)

Is that it???
kidding-me.png

berto

I Saw the Devil
Is that it???
Have you ever worked for any entertainmet company? Film, music, games?

I have, and what they released is unacceptable. If my company had made something so obviously bad we would not be able to claim quality.

You can get away with alot but when you make real obvious crap work and it shows you are releasing an unacceptable product. If you f' up and no one notices you might be able to get away with it, depending on the client, but when your crap is obvious and you can't be bothered to fix it then it shows that you aren't interested in making a good product or going the extra mile to make it perfect, or atleast seeming that way. If you don't care then that's fine, stick with it, go give them a pass for making a crap product but I expect more. If one company can release a great HD collection so can another.

The devil is in the details and I refuse to lower my expectations.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Have you ever worked for any entertainmet company? Film, music, games?

I have, and what they released is unacceptable. If my company had made something so obviously bad we would not be able to claim quality.

You can get away with alot but when you make real obvious crap work and it shows you are releasing an unacceptable product. If you f' up and no one notices you might be able to get away with it, depending on the client, but when your crap is obvious and you can't be bothered to fix it then it shows that you aren't interested in making a good product or going the extra mile to make it perfect, or atleast seeming that way. If you don't care then that's fine, stick with it, go give them a pass for making a crap product but I expect more. If one company can release a great HD collection so can another.

The devil is in the details and I refuse to lower my expectations.

...............I think Capcom of USA made the HD Collection not the same internal team that makes the games....chalk it up to them.

A cheap HD rendered remake no compilation of a bunch of old games made by a team of 10 random workers so Capcom can make a quick buck.

I didn't even notice any problems with the HD collection....that is why I'm so chill with it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
back on topic, I'm not against doing remakes but it depends on how they do it because they gotta sweeten the pot.

They gotta go above and beyond the call of duty to get people to buy it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
back on topic, i'm not against doing remakes but it depends on how they do it because they gotta sweeten the pot.They gotta go above and beyond the call of duty to get people to buy it.

Not just only remake the gameplay to fit the standard DMC gameplay but remake it to fit the DMCverse since DMC1 seems to be the most out of place since its made by someone else who didn't make the others. That and the DMC3 to DMC1 doesn't fit controversy can be solved and they can make it so the shift from DMC1 to DMC4 Dante remotely makes sense as well as make it so that DMC1 can actually pretty easily shift to DMC4 pretty well sort off like how DMC3 shifted to DMC1 pretty well.

Pull a Maverick Hunter X (NOW THAT IS A GREAT REMAKE) and add tons of extra scenes and change up only a few things to add more depth to the original story without changing the original style of storytelling. Also pull a Vile Mode and add either a Vergil/Nelo Angelo mode or most preferably a Sparda mode (which has his own story with some of his own bosses and they can rearrange his platforming and stages so it won't be 100% like Dante's and voice actor and not a separate custom like in DMC1). Plus throw in new weapons and new bosses as well as some new or old enemies that weren't in DMC like the Blitz and the Hell Hounds (forgot their actual name) or the Chimera Seeds. As for Dante's story make a lot of connections to DMC4 & DMC2 as possible...fine DMC3. Involve Lady and some other third party character who was never shown before. Put more emphasis on the island and the castle and how their life was when Mundus was around (maybe that was best saved for Sparda's story). I can see Nelo Angelo's fate, the Order of the Sword, the residents of the island, and the portal to the underworld in Mallet Island to the Hell Gates on Fortuna Island as good plot connections to DMC4....as for Sparda something basic about him rebellion against Mundus by using Mallet Island to form a secret portal to the underworld so he can sneak assault Mundus while he was too busy planning his assault on the human world but all the while avoiding the demonic hordes that reside in it. Have Sparda face bosses in the same areas as Dante but he face different bosses sometimes I guess since Griffin and Phantom knew him well enough they can count as bosses for him but someone has to replace Nelo Angelo and Nightmare (Just cause)...maybe a Nightmare prototype.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Not just only remake the gameplay to fit the standard DMC gameplay but remake it to fit the DMCverse since DMC1 seems to be the most out of place since its made by someone else who didn't make the others. That and the DMC3 to DMC1 doesn't fit controversy can be solved and they can make it so the shift from DMC1 to DMC4 Dante remotely makes sense as well as make it so that DMC1 can actually pretty easily shift to DMC4 pretty well sort off like how DMC3 shifted to DMC1 pretty well.

Pull a Maverick Hunter X (NOW THAT IS A GREAT REMAKE) and add tons of extra scenes and change up only a few things to add more depth to the original story without changing the original style of storytelling. Also pull a Vile Mode and add either a Vergil/Nelo Angelo mode or most preferably a Sparda mode (which has his own story with some of his own bosses and they can rearrange his platforming and stages so it won't be 100% like Dante's and voice actor and not a separate custom like in DMC1). Plus throw in new weapons and new bosses as well as some new or old enemies that weren't in DMC like the Blitz and the Hell Hounds (forgot their actual name) or the Chimera Seeds. As for Dante's story make a lot of connections to DMC4 & DMC2 as possible...fine DMC3. Involve Lady and some other third party character who was never shown before. Put more emphasis on the island and the castle and how their life was when Mundus was around (maybe that was best saved for Sparda's story). I can see Nelo Angelo's fate, the Order of the Sword, the residents of the island, and the portal to the underworld in Mallet Island to the Hell Gates on Fortuna Island as good plot connections to DMC4....as for Sparda something basic about him rebellion against Mundus by using Mallet Island to form a secret portal to the underworld so he can sneak assault Mundus while he was too busy planning his assault on the human world but all the while avoiding the demonic hordes that reside in it. Have Sparda face bosses in the same areas as Dante but he face different bosses sometimes I guess since Griffin and Phantom knew him well enough they can count as bosses for him but someone has to replace Nelo Angelo and Nightmare (Just cause)...maybe a Nightmare prototype.

I agree with making the story connections stronger but i think more of an emphasis on redoing 2 and 4 because the story is weaker and the changes tend to be more jarring from 3 and 1. Plus 2 and 4 dont give you a lot of context and answers so you could say most of the series unanswered questions came from the writers/developers being lazy when writing it.

DMC3 doesn't need to be more connected to the others more than saying Arkham and vergil were in fortuna or dumary island before the events of 3. I think i would just give vergil and lady separate playthroughs but they might be centered on what happened before DMC3. Arkham walkthrough is optional but i was thinking of doing a co-op storyline centering on enzo and a group of survivors trying to escape from the city.

There are two tales that were set before the games( the manga and the light novel) that give differing accounts on what happened before the games so i would devote a comic or anime in order to rectify both and make it canon.

With 1, i would just make trish and sparda seperate walkthroughs explaing trish's side of the story and give her turn more strength while showing sparda and his death. Lady is the subject of the co-op as she and three hunter buddies go do a job.

I think before you do the remakes it is important you figure out where you're going with the franchise so i would suggest doing a dmc5 that ties up things and pushes things forward first because it says youre willing to be bold while doing the remakes first says youre to willing to play it safe.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, don't touch DMC1. The game is perfect as is and I don't want it to morph or be canabilized to accomodate DMC4 of all things.

Once you add to it or change it to suit something else you start to change what makes it, well, it. And it't wouldn't even be a matter of 'what if Kamiya this or that.' He wouldn't be able to do it right if it was him. You'd need everyone who added their own creative output in the original to pull it off right at that'll never happen. So leave it alone.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the thing is doing remakes brings up the question of whether or not those resources are being put to good use doing a remake.

like i could rebuild 2 or 4 from the ground up that fixes those problems or i could just make dmc5 that fixes those problems.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Make a Dmc2 reboot a sparda prequel and and sequel to 4 (or should i say 2?) and make sure capcom can't milk the franchise anymore

Top Bottom