• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Should Capcom do Next With DMC

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
After DmC: Devil May Cry comes out and either sells or bombs, regardless whatever....what do you think Capcom should do next with the Devil May Cry franchise?

IMO I think after DmC, they should come out with a DMC(1) remake for the PS Vita where a lot is changed and added to make it feel like a 100% new game rather than a poorly done rehash HD remake. They should announce it sometime next year and come out with it the following year early 2014. It should have a new director outside Itsuno so he can be useful elsewhere but I'll explain later. I think the guy who directs the Monster Hunter games would be ideal but Itsuno will be a supervisor mainly for the combat and use some of his team's members in assisting in making the combat and its features.

As for Itsuno I think he should be used creatively to make DMC2 remake as well...maybe for the Vita or the big consoles...don't know yet. DMC2 deserves one as well but a really good one so it feels like a 100% new game. So anyway the 2 development teams can work in conjunction with each other to produce 2 great games but DMC2 should come like at the end of the same year while the other starts at the beginning of the year of 2014. They announce the DMC remake at Comic-Con 2013 just announce it and then show off scans til TGS 2013 they show gameplay footage and for DMC2 remake they announce it at TGS 2013 and show off scans til DMC remake's release then they show off gameplay footage.

Why 2 remakes?

The DMC(1) remake is because Capcom at come point remakes the first game in their series (Resident Evil, MegaMan, MegaMan X, and there has been others) so DMC deserved it.

Now DMC2 is a tricky one.

It should be a good marketing plan for Capcom. You see I see DmC as a way for Capcom to make the name "Devil May Cry" more known to the public or to bring back the DMC name so its like a DMC revival....if you don't get it whether DmC brings back the series it did bring back its name and gave it more attention so now any new DMC game could get public attention before it'll be another Capcom game, even Capcom's title isn't as it was in the old days.

Now to hype up DMC5 Capcom should release remakes but to mainly experiment with DMC's gameplay formula so they can get it right for DMC5 and to show off Dante's last time in the limelight as DMC5 should be a Nero game. Meanwhile for a console DMC game, DmC2 or a DMC/DmC crossover game.

As for DMC5 it should be on the drawing board while making these games they should have DMC5 in the early development stage and coming up with ideas patiently so they don't half bake it like DMC4. They should release DMC5 a year after the PS4 & Xbox720's release (late 2015 or early 2016). They should make it using a more advance MT Framework engine (MT Framework 3.0).

Meanwhile for DmC2....I'm not sure if they should make it yet but hey if NT ain't too busy TEACH.THEM.HOW.TO.USE.THE.MT FRAMEWORK.ENGINE. or have them create their own engine that runs smoothly with 60 fps. Which should take them like 1 year with planning and developing the game. Then have them make DmC2.

It's not too organized but here it is.

Early 2013: DmC comes out
Mid-Late 2013: They announce DMC & DMC2 remake
Late 2013: They announce a new DmC game
Early-Mid 2014: DMC remake
Early 2015: A new DmC game
Late 2015: DMC2 remake
Early 2016: DMC5 for the Xbox 720, PS4, & even Wii-U

That is it for now.

What do you guys think Capcom should do next?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
After DmC: Devil May Cry comes out and either sells or bombs, regardless whatever....what do you think Capcom should do next with the Devil May Cry franchise?

IMO I think after DmC, they should come out with a DMC(1) remake for the PS Vita where a lot is changed and added to make it feel like a 100% new game rather than a poorly done rehash HD remake. They should announce it sometime next year and come out with it the following year early 2014. It should have a new director outside Itsuno so he can be useful elsewhere but I'll explain later. I think the guy who directs the Monster Hunter games would be ideal but Itsuno will be a supervisor mainly for the combat and use some of his team's members in assisting in making the combat and its features.

As for Itsuno I think he should be used creatively to make DMC2 remake as well...maybe for the Vita or the big consoles...don't know yet. DMC2 deserves one as well but a really good one so it feels like a 100% new game. So anyway the 2 development teams can work in conjunction with each other to produce 2 great games but DMC2 should come like at the end of the same year while the other starts at the beginning of the year of 2014. They announce the DMC remake at Comic-Con 2013 just announce it and then show off scans til TGS 2013 they show gameplay footage and for DMC2 remake they announce it at TGS 2013 and show off scans til DMC remake's release then they show off gameplay footage.

Why 2 remakes?

So basically do the same games over again and think fans won't notice? They'd easily figure out that Capcom has run out of ideas and can't come up with a new DMC game and has to remake two old ones as compensation for the reboot.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i rather they just stick to the reboot because i rather just have one dmc series not two.

but that's not gonna happen.

i think they should do DMC5 before whatever remakes because it sends a better message as in "we know where we are going" rather than "we dont know what to do, here is some nostalgia"

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So basically do the same games over again and think fans won't notice? They'd easily figure out that Capcom has run out of ideas and can't come up with a new DMC game and has to remake two old ones as compensation for the reboot.

No cause remaking 2 old games is a shorter budget compared to making a new game entirely. Plus Capcom have always remade, HDed, and collectify and other stuff to their old games. Why not DMC? Besides they were going to do a DMC remake for the PSP but it got cancelled.

DMC(1) could be remade to fix any errors caused by DMC & DMC3 and redo the story so it go somewhere. The same goes for DMC2.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Capcom remade Resident Evil 2 into a rail shooter and Resident Evil 1 into a GameCube title. Both these were worked up from the ground up, same designs and same basic layouts but they worked the titles from the ground up, so if they can do that with a couple of RE titles why not DMC.

That's not the issue. The issue is that I don't trust Capcom with their franchises anymore. They are really hlaf assing every title they've released in the last few months with sup par quality to what is expected. I don't trust them to care enough about DMC to make more of them.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I think Capcom should alternate continuing both DMC universes. I mean they'll have two fan bases and they'll make more money (more than likely). That way they will please all Devil May Cry fans.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, it's not the first time theyhad multiple takes on the same franchise, but MegaMan was provably not as high cost, or risk, as a DMC title would be.

Dante himself is around in alot places. I don't know if Dante is the most used character outside of his own games in Capcom's gallery but he certainly gets around.

Capcom is currently using a quantaty over quality philosophy so how good can their games be if they are doing that? It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't charging full price for titles that aren't been made with an intention of been as good as it can be. That's why I don't trust Capcom right now. When they change their bussiness philosophy, then I'll be more hopefull.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well, it's not the first time theyhad multiple takes on the same franchise, but MegaMan was provably not as high cost, or risk, as a DMC title would be.

Dante himself is around in alot places. I don't know if Dante is the most used character outside of his own games in Capcom's gallery but he certainly gets around.

Capcom is currently using a quantaty over quality philosophy so how good can their games be if they are doing that? It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't charging full price for titles that aren't been made with an intention of been as good as it can be. That's why I don't trust Capcom right now. When they change their bussiness philosophy, then I'll be more hopefull.
Well I agree that Capcom needs to step up their game in quality aspect, but if Capcom were to do do that then they could give us a quality DMC5 while Ninja Theory give us a quality sequel to DmC.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's not the issue. The issue is that I don't trust Capcom with their franchises anymore. They are really hlaf assing every title they've released in the last few months with sup par quality to what is expected. I don't trust them to care enough about DMC to make more of them.

Titles such as cause I only know Resident 6 & Raccoon City as their only true mishaps this year...or was RC last year. Asura's Wrath wasn't made by Capcom, though published by them they didn't make it it was Cyber Connect 2, lets face it Capcom could've done better than CC2 but I guess they wanted something new and CC2 was ideal for a game with insane cinematics and intense action even if they lack deep gameplay most of the times.

Let's see here, Dragon's Dogma had great gameplay but they did made a bunch of mistakes here and there.

If your referring to Capcom's DLC tactics when it comes to a large corporations there are 2 types of workers in it. The corporate head who makes all business decisions (DLC, marketing) and the workers and VG designers who are just tasked at making the game. The quality of a game depends on the workers competence and dedication but that quality can altered by how the corporate higher ups chooses to affect it whether it be to remove or disk locked certain content of the final product or how much freedom they give the workers when making the game. What IPs to focus on and who should work where?

For lets face it Capcom has half-assed plenty of games before (DMC2, DMC, that Resident Evil game for the Gameboy Color, Killer7, MegaMan X7, MvC3, and there is much more) and have made games worse than anyone they made this generation so has plenty of other Japanese companies.....*cough*SEGA*cough*. Look on the bright side Capcom could be like Square Enix.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Titles such as cause I only know Resident 6 & Raccoon City as their only true mishaps this year...or was RC last year. Asura's Wrath wasn't made by Capcom, though published by them they didn't make it it was Cyber Connect 2, lets face it Capcom could've done better than CC2 but I guess they wanted something new and CC2 was ideal for a game with insane cinematics and intense action even if they lack deep gameplay most of the times.

ETC. (for the sake of space)
It's not as simple as that. Capcom no longer knows what made their franchises great.

Resident Evil was an award winning franchise, they made the horror survival genre popular. Even RE4, with it's different take on the series, had made huge waves of fans off newcomers. I can't imagine RE: ORC getting any awards, or even RE6. The series has gone down hill.

DMC is the same. If DMC4 was the sequel imidiatly after the original everyone would be very confused as to what happened. Hell, I'm a little confused as to why DMC4 is so different from DMC3, but they kept the gameplay(?) so people don't question it. It's a completly different animal from one game to the next, but when they went from DMC3 to DMC4 they got rediculious with the changes.

Capcom has altered those 2 franchises, disposed of several popular others and refused to release anticipated titles outside of japan, taken on a questianable bussiness practice, charged for DLC that was in the disk already, f^@# up an HD collection, released a better, more complete, version of a fighting game within 6 months of the release of the original, made a mess of 2 Wii ports, and made a good number of crap titles... I'm not sure any other develper/publisher has made this many a'hole moves on purpose in the last few years. Well, that's not true, I'm still angry at Konami over the Silent Hill s*&t storm they've rained upon us with every release.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Capcom has altered those 2 franchises, disposed of several popular others and refused to release anticipated titles outside of japan, taken on a questianable bussiness practice, charged for DLC that was in the disk already, f^@# up an HD collection, released a better, more complete, version of a fighting game within 6 months of the release of the original, made a mess of 2 Wii ports, and made a good number of crap titles... I'm not sure any other develper/publisher has made this many a'hole moves on purpose in the last few years. Well, that's not true, I'm still angry at Konami over the Silent Hill s*&t storm they've rained upon us with every release.

I understand Resident Evil but not DMC's sake but we can get into that later.

I only known of Capcom to dispose of the MegaMan series.....although with a new Iphone game coming out and Capcom claiming they still care about the blue bastard enough to keep his face, name, and keepsake associated with their company....so he is still there if Capcom wants to bring him back and as for other titles......what want Capcom to milk all of their franchises too like they did Resident Evil and MegaMan? Hmmm...can't argue on Capcom's business tactics and DLC fiasco.

Also what titles from Capcom aren't leaving Japan...cause all I know is some Monster Hunter games although those did make it out of Japan but there was that MegaMan Legends PSP collections game that never left Japan and there are plenty of Japanese publishers who actually never released certain titles outside their country.

onechanbara-z-kagura.jpg
Damn you D3.

What HD collection?

A second version of a fighting game or a game in general....haven't Capcom have always done that with every Street Fighter game in general but with UMvC3 sake it was too early..so I understand that.

Which Wii port you speak of? Also, so what if they messed up porting a game to the Wii it happened plenty of times before but it depends on the game I mean Sega messed up porting Bayonetta to the PS3.

Capcom isn't the only publisher this year that has made crap titles...what about SEGA, EA, Namco, Namco Bandai Games, Activision, Nintendo, Tecmo Koei, Konami, SQUARE ENIX, and God there is so much I can't count them all the only publisher I known not to fail is Atlus. Capcom have made plenty of crap games before this isn't new. They're a long running company that face internal work problems (overworking, layoffs, people quitting, and etc) from time to time.

I only recall like 5 bad games from Capcom this generation....3 Resident Evil games and 2 other games whose name slips my tongue..........Dragon's Dogma was a great game but had a fair share of problems that weren't because of incompetence but merely making a new IP that they've never tried before could be a tough task. Asura's Wrath wasn't a bad game just a bad idea.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I only known of Capcom to dispose of the MegaMan series.....although with a new Iphone game coming out and Capcom claiming they still care about the blue ******* enough to keep his face, name, and keepsake associated with their company....so he is still there if Capcom wants to bring him back and as for other titles......what want Capcom to milk all of their franchises too like they did Resident Evil and MegaMan? Hmmm...can't argue on Capcom's business tactics and DLC fiasco.
Onimusha. MM might be the most recent but Capcom doesn't stick with it's titles for long if they aren't bringging in the big bucks.

Also what titles from Capcom aren't leaving Japan...cause all I know is some Monster Hunter games although those did make it out of Japan but there was that MegaMan Legends PSP collections game that never left Japan and there are plenty of Japanese publishers who actually never released certain titles outside their country.
Besides Sengoku Basara 2, which I don't know if anyone wanted, the Monster Hunter games, which some of my friends were really PO'd at, there was one title that took some doing in to bringging into the US, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which from what I heard took alot effort to get locolized.

What HD collection?
Seriously? What other HD collection is there?

What HD collection of 3 games did Capcom release this year that featured poor convertions and really disapointing special features? It's very relevant to our interests here.

Which Wii port you speak of? Also, so what if they messed up porting a game to the Wii it happened plenty of times before but it depends on the game I mean Sega messed up porting Bayonetta to the PS3.
Okami and RE4. On both of their Wii versions, which you'd think it be a match made in heaven, the games were said have dropped the ball on the control schemes and the addition of mechanics to compansate for the Wii.

Just because there are alot of bad ports shouldn't mean we forgive any of them. They are all foul ups and of we are not vocal about our displeasure then they will think suppar is passable and ok.

Capcom isn't the only publisher this year that has made crap titles...what about SEGA, EA, Namco, Namco Bandai Games, Activision, Nintendo, Tecmo Koei, Konami, SQUARE ENIX, and God there is so much I can't count them all the only publisher I known not to fail is Atlus. Capcom have made plenty of crap games before this isn't new. They're a long running company that face internal work problems (overworking, layoffs, people quitting, and etc) from time to time.
Yes, and if this was a Square, or Sega, or EA forum I would be tearing at them, but this is a DMC forum and Capcom is it's developer and producer, therefore their misshaps are the ones I keep an eye out for.

I only recall like 5 bad games from Capcom this generation....3 Resident Evil games and 2 other games whose name slips my tongue..........Dragon's Dogma was a great game but had a fair share of problems that weren't because of incompetence but merely making a new IP that they've never tried before could be a tough task. Asura's Wrath wasn't a bad game just a bad idea.
And others that don't hold to standards, like DMC4.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Onimusha. MM might be the most recent but Capcom doesn't stick with it's titles for long if they aren't bringing in the big bucks.

Yet they make big risks by introducing new IPs (Asura's Wrath, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Void, & Remember Me). Sengoku Basara don't make the big bucks yet they still focus on that franchise still (coming out with a new game every year). Yes Capcom does abandon or drop a series or two but ever wonder what happens to the people who worked on those games...yes they're focusing on new or other IPs. Plus Keiji Inafune left Capcom and he made MegaMan, Dead Rising, & Onimusha and I think if Capcom still went on with those franchises we'll get another Resident Evil fiasco (maybe DMC too) where you have a new incompetent director who doesn't understand the series like how the original creator, or whatever Inafune was for MegaMan since he didn't technically make MegaMan, did. Has history dictates any MegaMan game not made by Inafune weren't as good as the ones made by Inafune (which were Starforce series, ZX series, MegaMan X6, X7, X8, & X-Comman Mission). Would you want Capcom to just lazily pull a RE or even Silent Hill and find lazily a new director who will probably f*ck up MM, Onimusha, & Dead Rising or pull a MegaMan and pass down the series to someone who worked closely with the original creator and understand series as well the original director did. Hell if we're lucky they can pass it down to someone who don't understand it like the original creator but understands it well enough in his own way....screw it....pass it down to someone like Itsuno who will try to understand the fanbase to come out with games that will please them well enough. I think mixed with the team who makes Monster Hunter games and Itsuno's team they can make a good Onimusha game but Dead Rising is too complicated for anyone who doesn't understand Inafune's vision to take on. Plus I doubt an unique game such as Dead Rising can last forever without turning into something that is not Dead Rising.

Besides Sengoku Basara 2, which I don't know if anyone wanted, the Monster Hunter games, which some of my friends were really PO'd at, there was one title that took some doing in to bringging into the US, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which from what I heard took alot effort to get locolized.

We still get Monster Hunter games....well one...and hopefully the new one comes to the states. Tatsunoko vs Capcom was more of a licensing issue with Tatsunoko's company it really isn't Capcom's fault for its delayed release plsu there is the fact unlike Marvel Vs Capcom or SNK Vs Capom or Namco VS Capcom no non-Japanese resident know who the flying sh*t was Tatsunoko so it didn't have as much weight to it like MARVvC, SNK v Capcom, NAMCO vs Capcom

Seriously? What other HD collection is there?

What HD collection of 3 games did Capcom release this year that featured poor convertions and really disapointing special features? It's very relevant to our interests here.

Oh that HD collection......what is the big deal about it? I see its no different from the MegaMan & MegaMan X Anniversary Collection. You don't see me complaining about any of those.

Okami and RE4. On both of their Wii versions, which you'd think it be a match made in heaven, the games were said have dropped the ball on the control schemes and the addition of mechanics to compansate for the Wii.

Just because there are alot of bad ports shouldn't mean we forgive any of them. They are all foul ups and of we are not vocal about our displeasure then they will think suppar is passable and ok.

Yeah I never get excited for games on the Wii but whenever a company makes a mistake you don't give up on them and expect to make it again you bash them to make sure they don't make that mistake. Eating up any sh*t they do is wrong but saying "f*ck it I don't care anymore" is just as equally as bad.

Yes, and if this was a Square, or Sega, or EA forum I would be tearing at them, but this is a DMC forum and Capcom is it's developer and producer, therefore their misshaps are the ones I keep an eye out for.

And others that don't hold to standards, like DMC4.

Not every game is going to be better than the one before it but how can a game be great if it doesn't try new things and make mistakes and learn from them...from DMC2 we got DMC3. From Sonic Unleashed we got Sonic Colors....yada yada yada.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh that HD collection......what is the big deal about it? I see its no different from the MegaMan & MegaMan X Anniversary Collection. You don't see me complaining about any of those.
Because, as far as I remember, they didn't f' those up.

If you are willing to take a subpar product then by all means take it, but I refuse to stay silent when I pay money for a product that turns out to be a less than promise and with obvious problems. To simply make excuses for them is to encurage this type of product and and to lower the bar on quality for them. While not as bad as the SH HDC it's still got too many flaws to heve been released when it was. They needed to fix too many things but instead they released an unfinished product.

You said it yourself:
Eating up any sh*t they do is wrong but saying "f*ck it I don't care anymore" is just as equally as bad.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Because, as far as I remember, they didn't f' those up.

If you are willing to take a subpar product then by all means take it, but I refuse to stay silent when I pay money for a product that turns out to be a less than promise and with obvious problems. To simply make excuses for them is to encurage this type of product and and to lower the bar on quality for them. While not as bad as the SH HDC it's still got too many flaws to heve been released when it was. They needed to fix too many things but instead they released an unfinished product.

You said it yourself:

Maybe you and I played different HD Collections but I had no problem with the DMC, MM, & MMX collection.

Also what subpar product? Are we still talking about the collections?

Its a collections game....what were you expecting? A series of vastly upgraded old games better than the ones that came out after them.

I bought the HD collection to play games I never played before....plus they did grant bonus features like the gallery section.

If you want to play a more improved version of DMC(1).....a remake.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Nothing was wrong with the megaman collections! Why do you keep saying that I said there was.

As for the DMC collection, have you played the games? The only one they managed to get right was DMC3 and that's because it was designed with widescreen suport.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Nothing was wrong with the megaman collections! Why do you keep saying that I said there was.

As for the DMC collection, have you played the games? The only one they managed to get right was DMC3 and that's because it was designed with widescreen suport.

Yeah I played all of the 3 games......I still don't see the problem.......widescreen support....I don't get it maybe its my TV....as for DMC3 it'll make sense its the most apparently the one Capcom put more focus into when making the collection but I am partially seeing your point. If I made a HD Collection I'll do more than just add trivial bonus features and put it into HD I'll add some extra features like being able to mix up soundtracks in each game so I can play DMC1 tracks in DMC3 or DMC3 tracks in DMC2 as well as a separate feature that allows me to see all trailers or something for all the games to see how the development for each game was. Heck even through in DMC4 artwork and tracks as well. DMC4 was part of the 10 years of DMC if its too advance to be on a disk with old PS2 games at least it deserves a honorable mention. I'll allow for the playable use of the original DMC3 edition upon beating all 3 games for the ultimate challenge.

Top Bottom