• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Movelists/Weapons You Want To See In DmC2??

SuperDante007

DmC was an introduction of the new story and a base for the new combat system, so here's the question... what do you guys want to see in terms of expanded movelists and new weapons? I'll kick things off with a quick list of a possible movelist expansion for Rebellion -- comes with hard Lock-On for advanced moves but auto Lock-On is still intact

DmC2 Rebellion Movelist

Hacker: Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle (Same as DmC)
LVL.2 = Increased Speed/Damage

Slasher: Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
(Hacker with a spinning slash @ the end in a half moon shape complete with devastating demon energy, increasing the range of the slash)

Death Coil: Triangle, Triangle -- Triangle, Triangle (Same as DmC)

Scorpion Sting: Triangle, Triangle, Triangle -- Triangle, Triangle
(Three slashes followed by a spinning, reverse low kick, tripping the enemy then a mid air continued spin that brings the Rebellion over like a scorpion tail slamming into the enemy/ground, with a small, energy shockwave
LVL.2 = Increased Speed/Damage/Bigger Shockwave

Drive: Triangle (Hold & Release) (Same as DmC)
LVL.2 = Extra Charge Level

Overdrive: Triangle (After Drive) (Same as DmC)

Stinger: Forward, Forward, Triangle (Or Lock-On + Forward + Triangle)
LVL.2 = Increased Range/Climax Finish (Climax finish is a circle of demon energy surrounding Rebellion on impact, increasing damage done to the enemy/breaking shield)

Trillion Stabs: Mash Triangle After Stinger (Same as DmC)

Spiral Stinger: Lock-On + Back, Forward, Triangle (Self explanatory :) - Spinning Stinger with spiral energy - can grab multiple enemies)

Devil Dance: Lock-On + Forward, Circle (Hmmm... insanely quick swordplay - Vergil speed)

Event Horizon: Lock-On + Back, Forward, Circle *Crowd Control
(Dante stabs Rebellion into the ground, causing immediate surrounding enemies to fly into the air at eye level - Dante then performs a complete, lightning quick, circular slash that almost seems to break through space for a split second and explodes, sending enemies flying)

High Time: Circle (Same as DmC)

Death Wheel: Hold Circle (Follows enemies into air but with 2 circular slashes ALA Vergil

Aerial Rave: Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle (In Air) -- (Same as DmC)

Roulette Spin: Triangle, Triangle -- Triangle, Triangle (In Air) -- (Same as DmC)

Rising Cyclone: Triangle, Triangle, Triangle -- Triangle, Triangle (In Air)
(Three slashes, followed by a rapidly spinning attack that raises enemies directly below up to Dante
causing rapid damage) FEEL FREE TO HELP THIS ONE OUT :/

Helm Breaker: Circle (In Air) -- (Same as DmC - but with circular shockwave)
LVL.2 = Increased Damage/Shockwave

Would love to hear some ideas from the people on this forum :)

WorkenOnMaLeft

if they bring back any moves i want them to be animated much more refined and graceful style instead of the rough brawler style in DmC which i also like but it makes sense that he should be a master by DmC2

Nessy

if they bring back any moves i want them to be animated much more refined and graceful style instead of the rough brawler style in DmC which i also like but it makes sense that he should be a master by DmC2

You're still complaining about the style of DmC? wow dude

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Wow, you really put a lot of time into this, nice job.
Aside from, possibly, a few of those swordmaster moves that I will never use (I'm being honest) I would really want a devil bringer. I loved scooping enemies with that baby in DMC4 and I really hope Dante gets something like that in DmC2

Nessy

... when exactly did i complain? i even explicitly said i liked the fighting style. honestly you arent nearly as clever as you think you are, not even close.

When exactly did I complain, I said I enjoy the new game, you are just annoyed that the exact argument you used on me just so happens to flawlessly fit on you.

WorkenOnMaLeft

heres what you said
I hope he finds a book titled "How to lock-on to enemies"
where did you say you enjoyed the game? i think i missed that part, anyways heres what i said
if you still call that a complaint youre either trolling, extremely cynical, or you dont know how to read. so il say it again: you arent nearly as clever as you think you are.
goodnight.

Nessy

heres what you said

where did you say you enjoyed the game? i think i missed that part, anyways heres what i said

if you still call that a complaint youre either trolling, extremely cynical, or you dont know how to read. so il say it again: you arent nearly as clever as you think you are.
goodnight.

I didn't mean specifically in that post, but I've said before that I enjoy the game, but obviously you're one of the idiots that immediately bursts into flames at the sight of anyone mentioning anything they deem an improvement, because god forbid anyone has an opinion that differs from yours.

check and mate.

WorkenOnMaLeft

I didn't mean specifically in that post, but I've said before that I enjoy the game, but obviously you're one of the idiots that immediately bursts into flames at the sight of anyone mentioning anything they deem an improvement, because god forbid anyone has an opinion that differs from yours.

check and mate.
lol really thats the best you could come up with? "ive said it before.... in another post on another thread which shall not be named." keep trying sir, keep trying...to keep this somewhat on topic il say that the removal of hard lock makes the combat much less rigid but that doesnt mean i wouldnt like some sort of improvement to the auto lock system already in place (maybe something like ninja gaiden sigma 2s, which was essentially flawless).

Nessy

lol really thats the best you could come up with? "ive said it before.... in another post on another thread which shall not be named." keep trying sir, keep trying...to keep this somewhat on topic il say that the removal of hard lock makes the combat much less rigid but that doesnt mean i wouldnt like some sort of improvement to the auto lock system already in place (maybe something like ninja gaiden sigma 2s, which was essentially flawless).

That whole "keep trying sir" routine is trolling 101. Clearly you're new to the whole internet thing.

Best I could come up with is that I prefer one thing over another? What is the downside of keeping the combat the way it is, and merely introducing lock on, don't make any moves where you need to hold lock on, just put the lock on in the game, that way I can use it, and you don't have to.

Yahtzee

WorkenOnMaLeft

That whole "keep trying sir" routine is trolling 101. Clearly you're new to the whole internet thing.

Best I could come up with is that I prefer one thing over another? What is the downside of keeping the combat the way it is, and merely introducing lock on, don't make any moves where you need to hold lock on, just put the lock on in the game, that way I can use it, and you don't have to.

Yahtzee
you are really bad at keeping track of severalq topics in a single conversation, your replies are horribly organized, you must be new to the whole talking to people thing. and i supposse there wouldnt be a downside to that but i probably wouldnt use it at all much like i did with Bayo. there could also be a simple automatic display of who you are targeting at any given time without hindering movement that also displays the health of the target (this is the only thing i miss from hard lock of previous games) and requires no input.

umm bingo...?

Nessy

I can't see any downside to having a button you can hold down that stops you from switching targets automatically...

Touchdown Nessy

Top Bottom