• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Mode Did You Start In The Special Edition?

Goldsickle

I started with Legendary Dark Knight and as a result, I wound up getting Red Orbs and Proud Souls at an accelerated rate, due to the number of enemies.

I got my upgrades and Blue Orbs really fast.

Goldsickle

I did the first 2 LDK missions with Vergil but then Frost happened so I went back to Normal.
I hate Frosts in any mode or with any characters.

When playing as Nero, I made sure to have some DT, Level 3 Exceed and Charged Shot 3 ready for some quick head start.
Being able to maintain charges between loading screens helps.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
I hate Frosts in any mode or with any characters.

When playing as Nero, I made sure to have some DT, Level 3 Exceed and Charged Shot 3 ready for some quick head start.
Being able to maintain charges between loading screens helps.
I seriously hate that they can cheap shot you off camera.

Goldsickle

I seriously hate that they can cheap shot you off camera.
They don't actually initiate an attack while completely off-camera.
All enemies in the game needs to be on-screen to execute an attack.

The thing about Frosts is that right before they do the scatter shot attack, they have a habit of jumping backwards first.

So they come into view enough to be allowed to attack but they jump backwards, out of the camera.
This is why the scatter shot is often done while out of your view.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I started with Devil Hunter, since I was pretty rusty. DmC's different controls messed me up a few times. I kept trying to grapple to enemies. lol

Goldsickle

I started with Devil Hunter, since I was pretty rusty. DmC's different controls messed me up a few times. I kept trying to grapple to enemies. lol
I still have my old copy of the vanilla DMC4 for PS3, so I played it a bit while waiting for the Special Edition to arrive in the mail days later.

By the time I got the Special Edition, my muscle memory is warmed up a bit.

Goldsickle

Speaking of muscle memory, after so much Street Fighter, I fear I'd pop Dante's Shoryuken whenever a Scarecrow jumps at me. LOL
But yeah, due to DmC, I also kinda press the Devil Bringer button whenever I wanna High Roller an enemy.

Top Bottom