• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite comic book?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I loved the Archie: Sonic the Hedgehog comics.

Also love the Star Trek: Khan Ruling in Hell comics. The bad thing is, I'm missing the first issue :(

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The Beano.

No it's not a gaming comic. And in the good old days, it was only 20p plus sweets on the front. Now it's nearly £2 with no extras half the time. I never got comic books in the way that you get Marvel or DC ones because they were always too expensive, but every week it was The Beano or The Dandy.

I'm so old...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
See you say vintage...that means I'm vintage :'(

I think I tried to get into proper comic books by borrowing them from the library but they were so far removed from what I was used to that I couldn't get on with them. Perhaps my tastes may have changed over the years, if anyone can recommend any good ones worth trying out?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
See you say vintage...that means I'm vintage :'(

I think I tried to get into proper comic books by borrowing them from the library but they were so far removed from what I was used to that I couldn't get on with them. Perhaps my tastes may have changed over the years, if anyone can recommend any good ones worth trying out?

What kind of publishers are you into? type of comic? etc.

Young justice by peter david, Amazing spiderman by Dan slott, AA by Christos Gage.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Peter David, I have heard of but only because I really hated what he did with the Fable books - I've heard comics are his thing more than novels so I might check him out. I'm happy to try most things, if I'm honest :)

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Even though I'm more of a manga person,I do enjoy the other comics.Like for example,Spawn for me is a classic comic book series and I have to say it is my favorite.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I always found the Dragon Quest comics to be really good.
images

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Peter David, I have heard of but only because I really hated what he did with the Fable books - I've heard comics are his thing more than novels so I might check him out. I'm happy to try most things, if I'm honest :)

was it based of Fable the game or is it the comic book series called fable?

So do you wanna go mainstream comics like marvel or dc?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Conan the Barbarian in the 80s. I loved those! Conan was so unintentionally funny and the humour was dry. SO much better than the movie with Arnie in it - Conan didn't seem to have any personality in that, but he does in the comics. Then somewhere along the way Conan became associated with half clad women and bloody violence (the movie, I think...) I preferred it when Conan was just an eager brawler type who gets caught up in other people's adventures.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
was it based of Fable the game or is it the comic book series called fable?

So do you wanna go mainstream comics like marvel or dc?
It was based on the Fable game and he truly sucked at it, imo.

I suppose mainstream might be easier to get hold of? The local library stocks some stuff that I've seen in the graphic novel section...but I'm not opposed to trying out something a little more eclectic

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It was based on the Fable game and he truly sucked at it, imo.

I suppose mainstream might be easier to get hold of? The local library stocks some stuff that I've seen in the graphic novel section...but I'm not opposed to trying out something a little more eclectic

The guy's is only human.

You could always go digital with comixology.com.
You want to try out the Darkness or witchblade from top cow?

What Marvel/DC franchises do you like?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
DC I'm not too familiar with once it goes beyond Superman and Batman but Marvel I like quite a lot of the characters and I'll happily try anything anyone recommends :)

Oh, and I'm in the minority regarding the Fable book - most people loved it. I'm just a fussy old lady ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For DC, they recently had a reboot so that would be a good place to start.

look up new 52.

For marvel, i think Venom, Scarlet spider, or Avenging Spiderman might be up your ally.
Avengers Academy, Journey into mystery, Uncanny Xforce, Wolverine and the X-men might catch your eye.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'll say Ultimate Spider-Man until it changes. The fans know what I refer to. However since I'm a Spidey-fanboy I'll read anything Spidey-related. Though I haven't read much, as they aren't that popular here.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'll say Ultimate Spider-Man until it changes. The fans know what I refer to. However since I'm a Spidey-fanboy I'll read anything Spidey-related. Though I haven't read much, as they aren't that popular here.

Miles morales strikes again!

how do you feel about Amazing Spiderman?

Top Bottom