• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is the worst?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
In your view, what is the worst wrong a person could commit? Or that people commit?

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Have sex with a girl after a the first date. Giving her expression of that you like her. Saying that you love her and leave her
crying and never come back
That's cold. Really a no no!

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
Torturing someone for a long period of time, e.g. starving them, physically and mentally abusing them, then forcing them to not tell anyone. For years. That's almost equal to murder if the victim never gets help.

Ryuuou

Premium
Supporter 2014
Put people in Solitude for twenty four years. Isolated from the social world.
Then let them take care of themselves without much help..

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Gaming becoming more business then fun.

You're bang on the money otherwise chief, but it's not very realistic to declare gaming as once having been all about the fun, at any time. Without wise business practices high-production entertainment can't occur. It's when business acumen is founded on a principle of utterly abusing their clients that we have the myriad controversies from last year, political, corporate or otherwise.

In my book I'm with Alighieri: treachery is the most vile of man made evils, shortly followed by ignorance.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I like multiplayer - I play games with my bro:) What's wrong with it? :|

Not everyone likes multiplayer, though, which is part of the problem. My mum, for instance, loathes it. She's also a perfectionist that wants to get all the achievements and all the missions done. Now, thanks to all the multiplayer musts, she'll never get all the achievements. I, personally, don't care about multiplayer one way or the other. I just don't think it's fair to say "here! you must co-op if you want these acheivements!" The option to have it is nice, being forced to just sucks.
(Sorry for ranting at you. ._.)

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Don't forget the completely goddamned worthless Bioshock multiplayer.

Although multiplayer can sometimes surprise you, like the Bionic Commando remake or the absolutely sublime Wrecking Crew mode in Red Faction: Guerilla.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
An absolute no-no in my book is going to complete extremes to "right a wrong." For example, ex-girlfriend dumps you. She's kind of a bitch. What do you do? Oh, I know, kill her! Because that solves your problems! And for extra points, make sure it's as gruesome as possible!

Grrr...

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Putting mayo on a slice of bread & accidentally dropping it & it lands mayo side down.
First-World-Problems.jpg

Quite.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
In your view, what is the worst wrong a person could commit? Or that people commit?
I think that's a genuinely difficult question to answer if I think about it properly rather than just a knee-jerk response. I think that truly terrible things have small and seemingly insignificant beginnings which are the real wrongs as they are what lead onto bigger and worse things. Look back far enough into the lives of those considered "evil" and there's a stupendously strong chance that something small (or a series of small things) happened earlier on at some point that amounted to the thing(s) they became infamous for.

So perhaps the worst thing that someone can do or that people can do to one another is simply not treating one another as they ought. Sure, it's a small thing in many respects and doesn't seem to be much, but in the long run, I think it can have a profound effect on how people act, think and speak later on in life. Which in turn can have dire effects on a wider community, if left unchecked.

But because now my brain hurts a little, I'm going to say that the worst thing someone else can do ever ever ever is tell you the ending of a film you've been waiting to see forever and are really excited about. First World Problems FTW.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Not everyone likes multiplayer, though, which is part of the problem. My mum, for instance, loathes it. She's also a perfectionist that wants to get all the achievements and all the missions done. Now, thanks to all the multiplayer musts, she'll never get all the achievements. I, personally, don't care about multiplayer one way or the other. I just don't think it's fair to say "here! you must co-op if you want these acheivements!" The option to have it is nice, being forced to just sucks.
(Sorry for ranting at you. ._.)
i have that exact problem on resistance 3 if i want the points to buy the cheats i want i need to go multiplayer online -_- and i don't have internet

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Heh, that's kind of zen.

i suppose fallibility is the origin of all negativity in human nature.

Ryuuou

Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes, it is really frustrating :mad:

THIS
1. Human rights, feelings, respect.
2. Money, power, law.

NOT

1. Money, power, law.
2. Human rights, feelings, respect

^Isn't there anyway to balance those two?^