• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is Jump Cancel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Allot of people say It helps with combo's and stuff, but I've been playing DMC for a while now and don't know what it is.

Is It a great skill? I want to know.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, let's take Beowulf as an example for this, seeing as it's got the most widely used DMC Jump Cancel technique, Killer Bee, or in the case of Vergil, Starfall.

These two moves, as I'm sure you know, are executed while the character is in the air, the moves are basically downward kicks performed in mid-air, now, Jump Cancelling these moves basically means, on the second of impact, you press the jump button, it cancels the rest of the animation while still inflicting all of the damage, this allows you to repeat the attack over and over again upon the enemy.

It's pretty much a sure fire way of killing any boss although it does take a lot of practice to get right, it's an extremely powerful technique to use, if a little OVERused.

Hope I helped, Beowulf is only one example, it can be done with other weapons, but Beowulf is the best example.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Thank you, now I have another question. Can I do jump cancel in DMC4?

Oh one more thing,I keep seeing videos where people keep repeating what looks like the first move of a combo repeatedly in rapid succession. It looks so cool, how do you do It?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Bladesofhell;92417 said:
Thank you, now I have another question. Can I do jump cancel in DMC4?

Oh one more thing,I keep seeing videos where people keep repeating what looks like the first move of a combo repeatedly in rapid succession. It looks so cool, how do you do It?

1: Yes, with Gilgamesh's Full House attack.

2: I'm not entirely sure about this one, sorry.

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
Thats a great video, thanks for including it devil slater.pr , I never really tried jump cancelling before but after seen that video I'll definitely try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom