• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if the FFXIII battle system...

aka958

Don't trust people
Could make you switch characters you control during the battle. With the L2 and R2 buttons for example. If you don't like the A.I of a Saboteur and you would like to control that in that paradigm you could switch quickly but the press of L2 or R2 depending on which character it is. This would give you the opportunity to control everything the way you want it and it would be the end of the oh so annoying "Your leader dies, everyone dies" concept.

What if the system made you able to move your characters? There are many area attacks that could've been avoided with much more ease if your characters were seperated from the sentinel for example. So you could move around with the left stick and select commands with the pad. Then you wouldn't have to switch to a paradigm with the sentinel as a commando just to run towards the enemy to get the sentinel out of a casters area so you don't suffer extreme damage. That or moving out of the way of the missile markers in Chapter 4.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
This sounds ok in theory, however, I have a feeling that this would make FFXIII somewhat closer to a convoluted mess like Resonance of Fate was with its battle system.

That said, it sounds fun though.

aka958

Don't trust people
But how could just 1 or 2 button presses change everything?

Maybe the walking around would be annoying, but hell, I'm turning the camera around to make it look more epic during even the hardest of fights just because I know I can.

Top Bottom