• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if Kyrie became Kyrie Angelo?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What would've happened in the game after Agnus kidnapped Kyrie, would she be forced to take part in the ascension ceremony & become one of them? And also be a part of the "Savior"?

How do you picture her having an Angelo form? Perhaps as a fairy-like angel?

Goldsickle

The game would have to be renamed:

Devil May KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(Read that in Nero's screaming voice.)

But seriously, I wouldn't like it if that occurred.
I like the ending how Kyrie, a human, accepts Nero for who he is, despite Nero's demon heritage.

Even if Nero is able to rescue Kyrie from her demon self, I don't think the Ascension is reversible.
And I guess it feels too convenient for Nero to not worry about acceptance, because his girl is also demonic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess she would be a boss fight before Sanctus. Nero would try to calm her down and she gets knocked out. Maybe a fight scene becomes a chase sequence?

Sanctus then absorbs her to use in his "heart" core thing and Nero fights Sanctus.

Maybe she wakes up and strikes a decisive blow? Maybe the villagers take them as heroes and change their thinking?

Maybe she and nero go on a roadtrip trying to figure out what their new life is gonna be like?

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Funny you bring this up. In the early part of development, Kyrie was planned to be a key villain. IIRC, she was in on the plan to use Sparda-Lineage blood to power the savior. Concept art of the Savior implies she would have been the one to use it, not Sanctus.

latest

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Funny you bring this up. In the early part of development, Kyrie was planned to be a key villain. IIRC, she was in on the plan to use Sparda-Lineage blood to power the savior. Concept art of the Savior implies she would have been the one to use it, not Sanctus.

latest
I'm actually curious on how this would have played it out. This would have been a last minute twist i'm sure. Kyrie spends the whole game pretending to be a damsel and then BAM!!!.

Goldsickle

I wouldn't like it if a random character became a surprise villain out of the blue.
For me, this surprise would work best if hints were dropped throughout the story, either through cutscenes or actual gameplay mechanics.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't like it if a random character became a surprise villain out of the blue.
For me, this surprise would work best if hints were dropped throughout the story, either through cutscenes or actual gameplay mechanics.
yeah but this is just wishful thinking. Let's assume that they did introduce it well.

Kyrie might have been a bigger challenge for Nero because she was the reason he joined the Order in the first place. She believes in the order and wants to keep the city safe so he fights to keep it safe for her.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Kyrie Angelo would've been sexy and would have brought some tension. I can see it now.

Sanctus: "Love? Such nonsense. But I am curious to see if your love will hold you back."

(Enter Kyrie Angelo)

Nero: "Kyrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Bad-ass fight ensues where when the player uses Devil Bringer on Kyrie Nero tries to reason with her but upon failing, tearfully and brutally slashes her.)

Now tell me that doesn't sound cool?

Goldsickle

yeah but this is just wishful thinking. Let's assume that they did introduce it well.
They could but it's really hard to drop subtle hints.
In Batman: Arkham City, it's possible to reveal a certain character's true nature if you used Batman's Detective vision on that character in two separate encounters.
They dropped hints, while making use of in-game mechanics.

I'm not sure if they could do something like that in Devil May Cry.

(Bad-ass fight ensues where when the player uses Devil Bringer on Kyrie Nero tries to reason with her but upon failing, tearfully and brutally slashes her.)
Remember how after you perform a shield-down Buster on Credo, Nero has a pained, regretful idle animation if you don't move right after the Buster finishes?
Imagine what kind of animation we'd get for beating up his one true love.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thinking about it now it kind of feels like a missed opportunity on Capcom's part. I would've taken a fake Kyrie boss fight because the Devil Bringer animations would have been delicious.

@DantesLink The concept art for the female Savior has Japanese writing on it and you said Kyrie was supposed to play a bigger role with said giant. Is that what the JPN writing says? Where did you get your info?

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
@DantesLink The concept art for the female Savior has Japanese writing on it and you said Kyrie was supposed to play a bigger role with said giant. Is that what the JPN writing says? Where did you get your info?
I don't know what the text translates into myself.
I'm believe it was a call made by the producers to not have Kryie be a villan. This was a long while back, would have to check development quotes and retrospectives, hopefully its not completely buried.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't know what the text translates into myself.
I'm believe it was a call made by the producers to not have Kryie be a villan. This was a long while back, would have to check development quotes and retrospectives, hopefully its not completely buried.
It was in the artbook i think.

Top Bottom